Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

RANDOM STAB

Could someone post a link to the great japanese guy who makes shoes and boots by hand - seemed to do 3 different colours and some womens - was linked to an indy boot or work boot amerkaji style aesthetic but I remember thinking how lovely the toe curl was - looked like CCP derby's before being dunked into molten dodo beaks......

Rep for the man who can.

V

Thanks Mich for giving that link..

Those are the type of boots that I want...

MiniW.... do they ship overseas? or those are just for display/sample

when I posted that link a few weeks ago, I also send emails to the shop trying to make contact, asking exactly this question!

nevertheless, no answer so far.

i really want those boots - heavily!

we need somebody in japan to visit the shop and ask.

i already asked one of the ringxring forum users who is currently in japan for a year, but i think he did not had the opportunity to visit that shop yet.

hey, just thinking (i know, a rare occurrence for me):

why don't we make the moto our next sufu topic?

meaning:

- establish contact

- negotiate terms

- pool interested sufu users

- maybe some small customizations

- organize proxy service

- order

- wait in anticipation

- wear with pride

i think that would be much more rewarding and exciting than ordering aldens (do not get me wrong, if i could effort 10 pairs right now, i would buy 10 pairs straight away).

isn't that part of this forum anyway?!

Sounds like a fantastic idea, id love some aldens but the current exchange rate, and customs issues are really putting me off - if moto could be by proxy and avoid the customs id seriously consider it - ( i really would adore a pair to be honest ) -however sizing issues will have to be tackled at length...

Turntabloid you should try thinking more often - i think you have a natural knack for it.

question for the Alden experts here. I've been shopping around for the cordovan captoe boots with the flat grant last. I recently found a barely used boot that is exactly the same except it's on a commando plaza last. Is there anything that I should look out for between the flat grant last and the commando plaza last? Much thanks for any advice! :)

question for the Alden experts here. I've been shopping around for the cordovan captoe boots with the flat grant last. I recently found a barely used boot that is exactly the same except it's on a commando plaza last. Is there anything that I should look out for between the flat grant last and the commando plaza last? Much thanks for any advice! :)

This is what I wrote up about them before:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=906281#post906281

The plaza last is a little flatter than the grant last. The grant last is a little more bulbous.

Here is another pic of my Indy's that I took a couple weeks ago...

345860194.jpg

This is going to be another really noobish question, but is there any good list of things to buy once you've got a pair of boots? I just got a pair of Indy's and am trying to figure out what else I need, so far I have:

- Shoe Trees (probably getting these at Nordstrom Rack, since I live in NYC)

- Polish (any suggestions on brand/color, I've seen about 900 shown in here, is there any 1 color to get) - I got brown Indy's

- Brushes? I've seen this discussed, but haven't really heard anything about them.

Thanks!

Sure, you got the trees, thats good. Might need this but depends on what look you're going for:

-Polish. I recommend Saphir. Goes on real wet. Neutral is a must, but any other color is good. (Depends on what you want to do.)

-Any leather conditioner is good. I recommend Lexol or Urad.

-A soft brush for buffing and a coarser one for dirt and stitching.

-Nylon cloth for fine buffing

-A large amount of cotton jersey rags for applying polish. I use old t-shirts.

Anything after that, you can try different things to personalize your stash.

So going back to the fitting of the Grant Last...What size in the Grant should I get if I wear a size 11E in the Trubalance? I'm looking at a pair in a Grant Last right now and I have no idea what size I should go with...

while we're on the indy topic, anybody got any news about the second ultimate indy batch at leathersoul?

indysupdate2.jpg

Those cuban heeled/curved sole profile indies are SO COOL:) Coleslaw I know you've posted these before, but were those just regular indies that you had resoled?

Also, +1 to Tiro's question- I didn;t even know they were being reordered.I'd definitwely be up for a pair of ultimate Indies, but it'll depend on the price for me a bit, what with the pound &all...

and finally why can't I rep anyone???!!! the button just doesn't do anything. Sorry everyone if I seem stingy:mad:

So going back to the fitting of the Grant Last...What size in the Grant should I get if I wear a size 11E in the Trubalance? I'm looking at a pair in a Grant Last right now and I have no idea what size I should go with...

You'd be looking at an 11, or 11.5. In Grant, I wore my standard street size shoes, but in Trubalance, I needed to size down by .5.

Those cuban heeled/curved sole profile indies are SO COOL:) Coleslaw I know you've posted these before, but were those just regular indies that you had resoled?

Also, +1 to Tiro's question- I didn;t even know they were being reordered.I'd definitwely be up for a pair of ultimate Indies, but it'll depend on the price for me a bit, what with the pound &all...

and finally why can't I rep anyone???!!! the button just doesn't do anything. Sorry everyone if I seem stingy:mad:

Hey RB, try reloading your page or clearing your cache, it might help. Yes those regular 405's resoled with leather mid sole and cat's paw. Thanks for the comments.

Those that wear size 11D and like Indy Boots...Leather Soul has a few pairs up on Ebay (#8, Black Ultimate Indy, Suede) for better than normal pricing.

Also...a pair of used 9.5EE Cigar 405s.

Hope someone gets a chance to scoop these up.