Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Those are some sweet Indys, not from me. Probably not from Japan either since the size is a 12. Reminds me of my first ever shell Indy. The factory made it with a handsewn apron area like the one pictured. I have a pair myself and will try to post a pic next week.

As far as the last, really not sure about it at all. The blind eyelets are nice, makes them look a lot more dressy compared to the standard Indy.

Are the current #8 Indy boots that you do machine-sewn aprons?

A hand-sewn apron would definitely be a nice touch for your 5th Anniversary boot.

I got these nice Red Wings for bargain price, hope they gonna fit well, for I heard they fit larger, do they? anyway those look dope to me, any thoughts on these, any experience from your side dudes!?

16911xl8.jpg

Great pickup! I have a pair of these in another color, and like them very much. I found that they fit large, as most red wings do, but not larger than other models in the RW lineup.

My only complaint about them is that the heel stack is cheap plastic instead of leather. I had my cobbler replace them with a nice stacked leather heel and cats paw heelcaps. Now they're great.

Looks like a pair of Magnoli Adventure Boots... Magnoli makes a lot of replica clothing and props. Believe it or not, the Adventure Boots cost about the same as a real pair... though the benefit is that they make them custom for you.

Looks like erk beat met to it...

i'm pretty sure they're just Indiana Jones costume boots

http://www.toddscostumes.com/indy/indiana_jones_style_boots.htm

Ditto on that...Those are Todds boots...You can tell by the heel stack...It's all deformed like the Todds pair and unlike the Magnoli pair...

here are my heel pad mock ups for the our boot.

the fonts i am using are different variations of an old serif type called Caslon. it was used for the u.s. declaration of independence so i found it appropriate enough to represent Alden's USA USA USA vibe. the whole idea behind this is two entities working as one. SuFu and LS. i had all the type placed in a way so they work as a beautiful whole (hopefully). the white circles you see are for the perfs on the boots but it was also used as a vintage decor from the old days. i took the vintage yet modern path because i thought it explained what we are doing with this project the most. we wanted a vintage boot made for today right? hopefully this comes off as that.

the last 2 images you see are a redux of the older Alden logo. you can see the original here. what i was trying to do was to reposition the 4 A's into different ways to represent a Hawaiian tribal design.

let me know what you guys like the most. i personally like a & e. i still have to do some kerning with the letter spacing but i wanted to hear what you guys have to say. remember it will be gold over brown leather. i think..

thanks for everyone who sent suggestions.

well hope you like it. especially you, tom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a / 61900161ao5.jpg

b / 23777731qz9.jpg

c / 40904035ri0.jpg

d / 23830381uz1.jpg

e / 59439665jy1.jpg

f / 76422128di1.jpg

g / 15573708pz7.jpg

h / 90298259sk7.jpg

I like "A"...Why not combine one of the Typeface Designs with one of the Logo Designs...Kinda like put "A" with "H" or something...Maybe take one of the other Designs that have the "x" seperating the Sufu and Leathersoul name badges and just replace the "x" with one of the logo's...That way it could tie in Sufu...Leathersoul...and Alden all in one...

good stuff ?uestiomark, but personally I'd prefer to see something a bit more hand-made, like the excellent stuff on your blog:

2218589560_94a8be92b4_o.gif

personally I'd have no problem with a bit of humour (Raf's nightmare=genius:D), but I can see that you want to do something classic. I'd definitely recommend something a bit more idiosyncratic though.

Just my opinion, and meant with all respect and admiration:o

Before we get too far into this, someone may want to read this thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=30550

We might have some issues using the phrase superfuture. SuFu seems to be okay though...

Ouch!...Maybe as amlai said you should stick with SuFu instead ?mark...Avoid any trouble all the way around...

hey everyone,

so I've been reading the hell out of this thread, and am loving the hell out of it. I've decided to get a pair of aldens (probably the indy's, but I would probably easily be swayed into getting a pair of cordovans)

That being said, I've now tried on a pair of Redwing GTs (9.5), a pair of Indys (10.5D), and a pair of of AF60's (10D).

The one big thing I've noticed is that they make my feet look huge. Now I'll admit I am wearing skinnier jeans (a pair of APC NS, and Uniqlo "Regular Fit" - each with a 7" and 8" leg opening respectively).

Do people tend to wear fuller cut jeans (with bigger leg openings) or just deal with showing a bunch of laces?

Thanks in advance, esp for the pictures.

Time to change the name guys.

Looks like SuFu would be okay....

"they can't be called 'superfuture'. 'sufu' is ok. but it is not a superfuture branded product and we are not involved in the project in any other capacity. it is an independent community based project. however in the future we are pleased to look at any proper detailed proposal for collaboration on official products."

these are on the modified last. look like the tanker boot that anatomica in paris makes with the hand stitched crown and extended heel counter.

Hmmm...Could these be the "Indy's" that were mentioned a few pages back that a few of this forums members were getting done through Tom?...Supposidly they were doing a 405 on a different last....Seems like these could fit the bill...I would like to find out what last they used though as these look very intersting...

^^Yardsale, these are my Shnieder jodhpur boots that i posted a while back. I'm really really happy with them! I did quite a bit of research, and these were by far the nicest, although they were very expensive (a bit more than C&J handgrade). Trickers have some pretty nice ones for about 280pounds I think, but all the decent ones I could find were more expensive than the comparative lace-up from the same company:(

They've now been comfortably worn in, so I may take some early evo pics in a few weeks

Photos fresh out the bag, as I want to compare these in a few months after they've softened up.

2963807089_89faebb3e3.jpg

2963807001_881e3f27ae.jpg

2963807169_463d2c812c.jpg

2964648504_5bb078e2e3.jpg

2963806805_55a8c6927c.jpg

2964648158_47c6ecbcc4.jpg

They're really comfortable already. It's a bot of a task pulling them on, although Mr Scnieder said they;ll soften up a lot and I believe him, but once you're in, the buckle hugs your ankle without it getting looser during the day as laces do.

Another big factor in getting these rather than slightly cheaper ones is that the front parts don;t gape open at the back where they cross over the heel. I think this is partly because there's no loop at the heel for the straps to go through (as other brands' do). This means the straps can sit at the height that fits right on your foot, and it pulls the fronts in nice and tight.