Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Great stuff with the LS/SF boot everyone! Can't wait to see how both options come out. I'm sure you won;t be disappointed:)

I mentioned a couple of pages back that I saw an early boot in an old Alden catalogue in black kid- this is the one!:

This boot has been produced since Alden opened.

ALDEN-86007-6.JPG

Untitled-1.jpg

I reckon this looks really fantastic. Anyone heard of anything from Alden in kid being sold outside Japan? or even better does anyone own any? Thanks Whiteshark for these excellent pictures anyway:)

Interested in joining this SuFuxLS collab. I wear a size 8.5D in Red Wing 875 (with insoles) and 8C in White's Semi-Dress. Which size to cop?

I think it was mentioned in here before that the White's Semi-Dress and the Alden 405's were pretty much 1 to 1 for size meaning you shouldn't change your size between the 2...Since the 405's have the Trubalance Last, which is the same being used on this boot, I would suggest that you go with the 8C for these...Maybe somebody who actually has a pair of the Semi-Dress and a pair of Trubalance Last boots could offer some better insight though...

thanks for the pm. definitely will keep it in mind. if anyone else have something in their minds that they would like to mention.. let me know. saturday morning / afternoon i should have some mock ups for everyone to look at. then maybe we can do a voting of some sort.

tom, hows about 2 heel pads for the 2 pairs?

this is gonna be something special for sure. glad everyone is jumping on the wagon.

I had a great idea ?mark...I'm sending you a PM right now sir...

I comfortably take Trubalance in 7D but I am pretty sure my Semi Dress size is an 8C. The 8 gives me a little more room in the toebox, but it puts me right in the sweet spot as far as the arch goes.

I have some Indy's in 8,5eee, they fit good but not sublime, so next time i would go for a 9e or ee in the Trubalance last, and i wear a 9,5e in SD which fit just about perfect.

so what you guys havent decided yet jeezz just post pics and lemme know im paypal ready!
i do... i have both
great insight, ed! :D

how long did it take you to have this insight?

must have been hard to browse through 100+ pairs of shoes ...

Let's not forget about his post on how to polish terrible billion dollar gator boots, too.

LeatherSOUL,

These sound nice. Sorry if i missed it, but what color edge stain are you planning to use? Black? Natural? Thanks!

Black.

Great stuff with the LS/SF boot everyone! Can't wait to see how both options come out. I'm sure you won;t be disappointed:)

I mentioned a couple of pages back that I saw an early boot in an old Alden catalogue in black kid- this is the one!:

I reckon this looks really fantastic. Anyone heard of anything from Alden in kid being sold outside Japan? or even better does anyone own any? Thanks Whiteshark for these excellent pictures anyway:)

I have a pair of Modified Last straight tip bluchers in black kid. They are really soft and light but I don't like them because they really have a lot of wrinkles and I like a little more support.

thanks for the pm. definitely will keep it in mind. if anyone else have something in their minds that they would like to mention.. let me know. saturday morning / afternoon i should have some mock ups for everyone to look at. then maybe we can do a voting of some sort.

tom, hows about 2 heel pads for the 2 pairs?

this is gonna be something special for sure. glad everyone is jumping on the wagon.

I think we should keep it to one pad...

So how does it work?

We send an Email to Tom so he knows which one we're up for and that's it?

Do we have to tell him our size yet?

Email me, I'll send you an order form, email or fax it back to me, then you're all set.

Yes, you need to know your size.

When do you guys want to close the order?

Btw, I will order some stock in sizes 6-12D for those who aren't ready to pull the trigger and place a deposit. But I can't guarantee there will be a pair available when you are ready.

Email me, I'll send you an order form, email or fax it back to me, then you're all set.

Btw, I will order some stock in sizes 6-12D for those who aren't ready to pull the trigger and place a deposit. But I can't guarantee there will be a pair available when you are ready.

I say give it until the first week of December that way everybody who has been missing in action from this thread has a little time to come in and check it out....Don't want to wait too long though since we all want to get our greedy little hands on our pairs as soon as possible :D....

I think since we really sped through this in the last couple days, it would not be a bad idea to leave orders open for a little while so that folks who aren't everyday readers but have been following this thread for a long time will have the opportunity get involved...especially if they need non-standard sizes. How long does it usually take to get the confirmation from Alden...? Maybe orders could be open until about then?

Perhaps I used the incorrect terminology...not confirmation of the order itself, but whatever the "thumbs up" is that Alden has to give for a special make up design.

But we don't even know what will be the definitive style.

We should maybe start by really decide what we're up for.

Definitely for the plain toe.

yo wiwi..

right here

there are 2 different styles. similar but pick one.

If you guys are ready, let's do it.

SuFu x LS #1

Perf Straight Tip

Tru-Balance Last

Double Leather Sole

Regular Welt w/Close Heel

Metal Eyelets all the way up

#8 Shell Cordovan

SuFu x LS #1.2

Plain Toe

Tru-Balance Last

Double Leather Sole

Regular Welt w/Close Heel

Metal Eyelets all the way up

#8 Shell Cordovan

If this is good, let's do it.

$595.00

6 months from confirmation from Alden

$100 non-refundable deposit to hold or order a non-stock size (other than 6-11D)

Must be registered member of SuFu to order

email to [email protected] if interested, I will email you an order form to fill out. Previous customers don't need to fill out an order form unless info has changed.

Tom is doing both styles, which have been defined and decided upon. You pick which one you want, or, both, and then request an order form so Tom will have your pertinent information including which boot, and which size that you want.

A new Russell Custom sample just arrived in the store:

They are the Imperial Birdshooter, shown in Chromexcel leather, with brass hardware and the Vibram #430 sole. The Imperial Birdshooter has the handstitched vamp and quarters, and really comes to life in the Chrom-ex I think....

photo-111.jpg

photo-112.jpg

photo-113.jpg

And here's a family photo from a recent group buy of custom White's.... Individual shots can be seen in the Stronghold Thread....

photo-103.jpg

If people want the pull-tab, my suggestion would be to do it only on the cap-toe...keeping that pretty close to 86 specs, and more along the lines of a service shoe. If everyone else is cool going sans-tab, I am cool with that too.

Black.

I have a pair of Modified Last straight tip bluchers in black kid. They are really soft and light but I don't like them because they really have a lot of wrinkles and I like a little more support.

pics would be very much appreciated if you wouldn;t mind! :)

I presume you mean you personally own these shoes, rather than that you have them for sale?? If not then order me up!