Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Yeah pediwear have a good selection. It's tax free for all you lucky people overseas. I think they do free shipping from time to time too. Also check out the retrickers factory shop on ebay. You can speak directly with the guy who runs it (David) and he is willing to help you out if you want to order direct from him.

those EVisuxAS are so nice, the purple tab kind of remind me trickersxtedbaker, i do agree with moykky that leathersole outlast rubber as well.

the best part about the Evisu x Sargent is the crooked wingtip on the toe. It looks like the gulls. Most collabs suck (or are not really that different from the standard model), but this one is unique.

evisu-by-alfred-sargent-brogue-2.jpg

There's been a bunch of talk on the Stronghold thread about getting some custom White's ordered with Cap Toes.....You can read the last two pages of the thread here for pics and details... .http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=6466&page=12 Here's a cross posting....

"Good news ToeCap fanatics!! Just heard back from White's that they will make us some boots with Caps.

I need to put together a preorder for atleast four pair to get the order placed, BUT, the good news is that each order can be DIFFERENT..... Semi-Dress or Reg Toe Smokejumper. Cost breakdown is: $470 for Semi-Dress, $495 for SmokeJumpers in non-leather lined boots. Boots w/leather lining are an additional $30. Shipping is included in the States, $60 for USPS priority International.

Who wants boots!!??

Cheers,

-Bill"

A two-fold post:

First, I'm selling a pair of Grenson Kent shoes in burnt pine, UK size 8.5 in order to fund getting myself a new pair in the proper size (UK size 8):

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=58843

6632kentburntpinebgha6.jpg

Second, once I do acquire a pair in the proper size... these will be my first really high-quality shoes. I'm a bit intimidated by what must be done to keep them nice, but I figure as a starter I should know what type of shoe-trees and polish to get to keep them perfect. Can anyone point me in the proper direction?

There's been a bunch of talk on the Stronghold thread about getting some custom White's ordered with Cap Toes.....You can read the last two pages of the thread here for pics and details... .http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=6466&page=12 Here's a cross posting....

"Good news ToeCap fanatics!! Just heard back from White's that they will make us some boots with Caps.

I need to put together a preorder for atleast four pair to get the order placed, BUT, the good news is that each order can be DIFFERENT..... Semi-Dress or Reg Toe Smokejumper. Cost breakdown is: $470 for Semi-Dress, $495 for SmokeJumpers in non-leather lined boots. Boots w/leather lining are an additional $30. Shipping is included in the States, $60 for USPS priority International.

Who wants boots!!??

Cheers,

-Bill"

Bill

that is good news to hear for us. At least i know edmond is probably going crazy about it. But is there anyway whites can make the semi dress not as squarish on the toe. Cuz i do notice that the white's packer can have either the standard toe or pointed toe. It would be nice if the semi can do that as well. I would be seriously consider about it. By the way, since everything would be customize, we are expecting around 3 to 4 months maybe??

Bill

that is good news to hear for us. At least i know edmond is probably going crazy about it. But is there anyway whites can make the semi dress not as squarish on the toe. Cuz i do notice that the white's packer can have either the standard toe or pointed toe. It would be nice if the semi can do that as well. I would be seriously consider about it. By the way, since everything would be customize, we are expecting around 3 to 4 months maybe??

Pretty sure Whites will do a Packer in a 6" height, which is definitely as close as you are going to get to a semi-dress without the semi-dress toe.

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a pair of these from the wwiiimpressions site that someone very kindly posted up a few days back.

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/images/30180profile.JPG

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/images/30180sole.JPG

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/images/30180toe.JPG

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/images/30180stitching.JPG

Has anyone got a pair and if so how do you rate them in terms of quality, fit & wear. If anyone has any worn in pics they could post, that'd be great.

Many thanks

Tmadd, you are correct. The packer is avail in a six inch boot, and would be the only way to get a slightly more pointed toe on a low boot from White's. The packer boot also has a western heel, which is taller and narrower than the work heel that both the smokejumper and semidress use. The regular packer toe is just slightly more pointed than the semidress toe, while the pointed toe, also known as the cowboy packer toe, is much more pointed and western/cowboy-boot shaped. Its also important to note that the toes on both the packer and regular toe smokejumper come without any reinforcement in them standard... that is, they are a soft toe, like a sneaker. The soft toes flatten out quickly and can make the toe look more pointed than it really is. The semi-dress comes standard with a lightweight toe reinforcement in it to help the toe keep its shape. For the soft toe models, plastic and steel toes are avail....

Demon- The boots you show takashi wearing are regular toe smokejumpers, in dress brown, single leather sole, 8 inch tall (presumably)

^ in the article it said he chopped the tops off to make his smokejumpers shorter, just FYI.

They don't look aftermarket altered to me....especially since they have the right number of speedhooks and then an eyelet at the top.... maybe he meant he ordered them shorter??

I'd like to get a pair of everyday boots, to wear in the same way as I do my jeans, EVERY DAY, and for everything.

Would a pair of shell Alden be able to take this? Like, how would the leather hold up if you went out dancing to techno in them and had people step on your feet every ten seconds?

Any other suggestions?

Right now I'm going to get the Boondockers for this purpose but maybe in a year I want to get Aldens.

HJJ, you should always rotate at least 2 pairs of shoes/boots. They need time to dry out and air between wears. I don't think anyone would recommend otherwise. However, if you do choose to wear the same boots everyday, they will have a relatively short life so I wouldn't recommend shell alden boots at about $600. Whites would probably be more up to the job as they are a bit more hardcore.

I don't want calf because it's too soft and wouldn't hold up. Will shell hold up or will the leather tear?

It'll hold up, if you take care of it. Leather ANYTHING is a organic material that requires maintenance, and with proper care, can last for a really, really long time. If you want a no-maintenance boot, get synthetic.

As for your needs, White's Semi-Dress or the Corcoran 6" boots would probably be your best bet. Expect to have to re-heel them fairly often if you're wearing them everyday, however.