Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

so I went the whole day in my new Nettelton's only to sadly find out they're too small for me... I thought I could do it, but my feet tell me I can't...

If anyone wears a 10.5 C or 11ish but not an 11.5... let me know

hmmm, thanks for the enlightening words of wisdom...

comments not authored to show off are also welcome

those shoes suck horse cock. Plain as that. Take that photo of those abominations out of this thread immediately.

hmmm, thanks for the enlightening words of wisdom...

comments not authored to show off are also welcome

Sorry Mr. Smug but the thing the comment you speak of was showing off was a moderate amount of good taste. Also, judging from the picture, the shoes seem to be of middling quality at best.

I'm getting the impression you're not that into the shoes. I can live with that. I wouldn't know about discos in Scottsdale

Got to admit the first time I went into the shop I walked straight out. Anyway, just found out that I can get John Lobbs from the factory in Northampton for £200 - 300 so I'd be crazy to get the JWs. As for taking the abominations off the site...miss all the overaction?

btw I'm thinking of starting a proxy for Northampton shoes from John Lobb and C&J factories - everstocks etc. Check the supermarket for the post if I do

those shoes suck horse cock. Plain as that. Take that photo of those abominations out of this thread immediately.

True dat.

But you should've known that posting dem shits, when the last few pages were all vintage shoes and work boots. I guess those would look cool if you worked for the Russian mob in Brooklyn.

I love my J&M's but I bought them back in '99 and have no idea if things have changed since then. They are one of the most comfortable shoes I own.

Mine look similar to these only in more of an antique burgundy

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/11204807/c/24716.html

If they fit as well as mine do you can't go wrong with a black pair of cap toes. Very classic staple shoe for subtle suite style.

The only Johnston and Murphy that are well made are the $350 models. The model names are something like Aldrich, Aldrich II, etc. And then, at that price, you might as well get Aldens.

Demonito, I know you spend a lot on other shoes and clothes, yet you seem to be trying to skimp on these dress shoes (did you mention it was for your own wedding? not sure). I can't think of a quality shoe where the retail is less than $300. If you are looking to save some money you can go to ebay and buy Allen Edmonds for under $200 at any time, for practically any model they make. If you are gonna skimp, you can get any number of crappy black dress shoes from Zappos, Sears, or the mall, like the ones you linked. They are not good by any means, but hell I have even bought emergency shoes from Sears for $70 when I went to a wedding and forgot to bring my dress shoes.

I agree, skimping when you don't have to skimp doesn't make sense. Especially if you have one of the most serious and intense high end, non-vintage, work boot collections in the world. In my book, part of "dressing up" is that you are wearing clothes that are nicer than your everyday thread. It seems like it would be kinda funny to see someone who is constantly wearing amazingly nice work boots just wearing a pair of "whatever" decent dress shoes. Get a pair of black balmoral boots from John Lobb or Edward Green, and then whenever life calls upon you to wear a black suit, you will be ready with a pair of the nicest classiest shoes that are clearly appropriate no matter how serious the occasion.

I agree, skimping when you don't have to skimp doesn't make sense. Especially if you have one of the most serious and intense high end, non-vintage, work boot collections in the world. In my book, part of "dressing up" is that you are wearing clothes that are nicer than your everyday thread. It seems like it would be kinda funny to see someone who is constantly wearing amazingly nice work boots just wearing a pair of "whatever" decent dress shoes. Get a pair of black balmoral boots from John Lobb or Edward Green, and then whenever life calls upon you to wear a black suit, you will be ready with a pair of the nicest classiest shoes that are clearly appropriate no matter how serious the occasion.

Life never calls on you to wear a black suit at a serious occasion. Charcoal or navy, yes. Black, no. Black suits are best for clubs and nights out, and you can have more fun with footwear for less money for going out.

^Yea. I don't think anyone would argue that a pair of straight-tip oxford shoes like that is anything but appropriate. They look like calf, and the toe is a very conservative shape.

Personally, I try to spend money on things in proportion to how much I use them. So, if I was only going to wear a pair of dress shoes once a year, I wouldn't bother getting an expensive pair. I'd rather spend more money on the shoes I wear frequently. Just my opinion.

Uhhh, do you need somebody to wipe your ass too Edmond? Do you still not know what kinds of shoes you like? If you like them get em, if not don't.

If I were you I would buy them... or maybe I am just saying that to get you to not buy them, or maybe I am saying it to get you to think I don't want you to buy them, so you will buy them. Or I am saying it to not make you think that I don't want you to not think that I do not want you to not buy them.

Yeah demonito,

come on man. Up the antie abit...:P

The last pair of Murphy's I owned were a piece of crap. They felt like i was wearing Terra cotta flower pots on my feet. Jabbing into my feet at every step. The leather felt really cheap too.

The Allen Edmond park avenue is a great shoe. Better than the Murphy.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/118479/c/8607.html

My dad was a "religious" wearer of J&M's for about 25 years....He went into one of their stores about 9 years ago and asked to buy the same pair he always does. (it was his 3rd pair, same shoe, still had the others, just not spiffy enough for work enviro) and they told him they no longer carried wides, and that the shoes were now made in China, and did not have steel shanks.....

Don't buy that shit is the easy way of saying it.

On another note, does anyone here own any boondockers/roughout boots?

DSC02822.jpg