Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^^^ I believe quite a few sufu'rs have a pair of Grenson's.

Just wanted to comment on how fast Cat's Paw heels wear out. I like the aesthetic a lot, but Vibrams are just a but more technology advanced. I mean it only been like 2 months, and they're already halfway done on all of my boots that have 'em.

Those C&J are really pretty. Just don't know for what occasion I could wear them cause they're not shoes for business apparel imo, and not casual enough for me either. But I have to say that if you feel you'll wear them, go for them cause they are beautiful

I also got a call from Alden about my black Indys being in. I need to call and purchase them before the 10 day hold period is over.

I'll be attending my own wedding next summer so I'll be in the market for a pair of nice boots/shoes as well. I was thinking the Alden cordovan wingtip boots on the plaza last. I'm really liking the shape of them so I'll have to try them on at Leather Soul and see how they fit.

i am opposite from you, i use shoe cream. Reason being is that shoe paste seems to crack and dry up too fast (Maybe i just dont know how to use it when i was little). Applied lexol conditioner first, then shoe cream. Secondly, i think shoe cream will nourish the leather more than paste does.

by the way, i uesd the saddle soap to clean shoe, how would you compare to the orangle lexol cleaner you have there? I feel like it would be more convienience since it is liquid already.

I agree that paste is probably not as nourishing as cream, but since I use a conditioner I don't worry about it too much. What I like about the paste is that you can use a rag (I use the back of my jeans) and just do a quick buff and the shine comes back again throughout the day. Once I build up my polish, I use very thin coats, I don't polish them again till a few weeks later.

I like saddle soap, but I realized that the Lexol is gentler on the leather so I made the switch, but either way as long as you use a conditioner, you'll be okay.

Decided to put these up for sale:

photo-32.jpg

1940's Bal Oxfords in black Scotch Grain. "Wingfoot" Good year heels are well worn, but very wearable still before being due a reheeling. The shoes are in very nice shape, with a few scuffs here and there, including on the toe of the right shoe. These would easily polish out, but I'm leaving that up to whoever chooses to buy them. Otherwise they are completely sound and solid; no structural issues whatsoever.

I bought these origionally for the last....it reminds me of the Anatomica-famed Alden Modified last, the way it juts out along the outside of the ball of the foot. Good wear on the heels and fronts of the soles give the outsole that great, worn, rounded out look.

There is no branding on them that is still visable. The size is stamped 10 C, but they do not feel particularly narrow to me, most likely because they have been broken in and shoe kept to keep the lasting full.

Considering their age and condition, I think these are a steal at $165 shipped.

photo-28.jpg

photo-29.jpg

photo-30.jpg

photo-31.jpg

currently im actually using a pair of my Old military boots from back when i was in the army. Polished em god knows how many times. Been on many jungle training missions with them...Ill post a pic asap

It still doesnt look as good as those old school WWII military boots but slowly getting there

for the guys who like vintage...

My small collection...

dsc07520zz1219636911zz.jpg

Vintage "can't read" Spectators - resoled but left the original catpaw heels.

dsc07521zz1219636930zz.jpg

dsc07526zz1219636942zz.jpg

dsc07530zz1219636951zz.jpg

Vintage Florsheim Imperials (with v-cleat)

dsc07523zz1219636923zz.jpg

dsc07524zz1219636936zz.jpg

dsc07527zz1219636945zz.jpg

And my ultimate newest... Nettelton with round metal cleat (waiting on some shoe trees...

dsc07522zz1219636927zz.jpg

dsc07525zz1219636939zz.jpg

dsc07528zz1219636949zz.jpg

hey bill can i wear those with a suit for my wedding? and can you have eddie change them soles to leather single sole with cleats?

It could be done I'm sure.... But Scotch grain isn't the most formal by any means....

I just received my redwing 875 and Im looking for a protector that will make them a little darker,will obenaufs LP do that for me?

Obenaufs LP will darken them slightly, while Obenaufs Leather Oil will darken them considerably.

Careful with that stuff.

hey bill can i wear those with a suit for my wedding? and can you have eddie change them soles to leather single sole with cleats?

I really wouldn't wear scotch grain with a suit... especially to a wedding. Well, I guess you might have if you were wearing a suit in say early 1900's or so as the suit used to be beachwear... as was the wingtip shoe....

I just received my redwing 875 and Im looking for a protector that will make them a little darker,will obenaufs LP do that for me?

i suggest you just wear them for a while, the 875/877 leather tends to get darker pretty fast. it ages beautifully