Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

ohh I dont want an oxford, actually the whole "boot that doesnt look out of place with slacks" is exactly what I mean.

I mean I already have a pair of black oxfords.

And I completely understand what you're saying, and yes what I'm asking for is quite a bit conflicting...for example Ive seen some calven klein boots that match my description...not too keen on spending 300 on CK though..that money would be better spent on something like RW or Whites.

booties collection!

That's an incredible collection man, but seriously, you just must love punishment or something -- I'll be counting the minutes until the next snide comment about the money you spend on boots. More power to you, though -- your Beckmans, Indys, and black SDs are looking good!

Dude, don't be a piece-of-shit consumer cop. Price doesn't always have to be the only determining factor. I don't mean to call you a piece-of-shit, but I just did anyways, and then tried to half-ass apologize for it. While I totally could get whites for cheaper from other places, probably even cheaper than Whites sells them for, I prefer to spend a little bit more at the stronghold because:

a) if the order is even a tiny bit custom, I am totally comfortable that Bill will make sure the guys at Whites "get it" and do it right, other places would probably be pretty surprised and likely not very helpful or reliable if I came and asked for a pair of 6 inch ltt smokejumpers with a roughout black upper and a tan bullhide lower portion with triple leather soles with natural edgetrim etc etc.

B) its a place I am much happier spending my money than most other places that sell Whites that I have come across, and I would rather spend a couple extra bucks there than go to some weird internet place just to save a few bucks on boots.

c) the service at the stronghold is better than 99.9% of businesses I have ever encountered

Those reasons might not work for everyone, but I think its definitely enough of a reason to not demand people not buy their White's there.

Also, with all due respect, recommending GTs in the place of smokejumpers is laughable. Its not that I have a vendetta against Red Wings, but in terms of overall quality, and being a super solid boot that will last forever, upgrading from a pair of Whites to a pair of Red Wings is kinda like upgrading from a Bentley to a Mercedes.

yeah it really pisses me off that Denim Phenom is not in love with Stronghold like I am. How dare he give advice how to save $100?

^^^Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiit you certainly are a baller, eddie. Hmmm… I count about $8000 worth of booties there. Down payment for something…? Nevertheless, you got a nice collection.

Here is my dress shoe stash. These don't get much love, because my work boots are my main bitch right now. Anyway, I feel like a dick posting after eddie.

aldena.jpg

aldenb.jpg

guccia.jpg

guccib.jpg

ps2a.jpg

ps2b.jpg

hey coleslaw you got some of the best collection right here.. err to tell you the truth you inspired me to collect like greg and the rest of the gang here..

hey DP err hwo come the natural colored midsole? where to cop those black un- leathersole indies right?

hey DP err hwo come the natural colored midsole? where to cop those black un- leathersole indies right?

Because that's how the Alden shop on Madison Ave. in New York decided to design them. I think it looks cherry.

I don't know where you can "cop" them but you could give the Alden shop on Madison Ave. in New York a call to see if they still have your size for "purchase". I called at the end of May to reserve my pair so who knows how many are left.

I was curious to see how the black indys would turn out from the NYC alden shop. I liked how the Leathersoul black ultimate indys look, all blacked out. But these "regular" indys in black leather with white stitching and natural-colored sole with standard orthopedic neoprene look great as well!

booties collection!

_MG_0586.jpg

_MG_0587.jpg

OMG what a tourist!!!

Man those black indies are looking good. I was expecting a hideous shoe, but I am pleasantly surprised. These look way better than the leathersoul black indies.

EVISU & Alfred Sargent Collaboration

IMG_2872-1.jpg

IMG_2877-1.jpg

IMG_2873-1.jpg

IMG_2875-1.jpg

IMG_2876-1.jpg

IMG_2874-1.jpg

Originally the shoes came with both leather heel and sole, but first month of wearing I managed to fall two times :( cause by the slippery leather sole, beside the leather sole wear out super fast.

I do need some tractions here so I decided to add the rubber half sole and Vibram heel. I love the color and the build quality ,this shoes is only 1 month old still need to break in :cool:.

EVISU & Alfred Sargent Collaboration

Originally the shoes came with both leather heel and sole, but first month of wearing I managed to fall two times :( cause by the slippery leather sole, beside the leather sole wear out super fast.

I do need some tractions here so I decided to add the rubber half sole and Vibram heel. I love the color and the build quality ,this shoes is only 1 month old still need to break in :cool:.

They're nice! Funny though, in my experience the leather sole outlives the rubber ones easily.

pda:

I really like those.... what do they run?

I know what you mean about slippery... I've been wearing my vintage Florsheims and Nettelton's and besides both having leather soles and heels, they put metal nails all around the heels and metal v-cleets and round cleets on the heels... if you hit the heel just right it's like you're on ice. I've wiped out once (bad) and many smaller wipe outs.

you have to learn to walk slower wearing them...

moykky: probably what amlai mentioned the way i walk and the concrete pavement

here get more coarse surface :(.

Happy Hooligan: I am walking slower now.:P

amlai: I got your point on where/how to stress my weight on when walk, the slippery

bits made me change my mind.

fattybfat: I would love to get a hand on Tricker next time, may be my next trip to Japan :rolleyes:.

BTW, Thanks for all the rep!

^^^Well, for myself I wear a 8.5 D (USA) in dress shoes. Here's what I have for my boots:

Alden 405: 8.5 D

Red Wing 1914: 8.5 D

Wesco Jobmaster: 8.5 D

White's Dress Packer: 8.5 D

Chippewa 27864: 8.5 D

So I pretty much wear the same size. Some are a little bigger than others, but by such a small fraction, that since I usually put insoles in them and it makes them all fit great. The only time I have to try stuff on are English shoes, where depending on the last, I have to size down a half or a full size, from tagged size.