Levi's Vintage Clothing

So, guys. I'm looking for a pair of Levis as my next pair. I currently have ESODs and Red-D Dry Bones. I want a more relaxed pair of straight leg that I could wear some sneakers with or high tops or something, not having to wear boots or slip ons like with these tapereds. Something mid-high rise as well to give my *cough*junk*cough* a bit more room. Any suggestions?

So, guys. I'm looking for a pair of Levis as my next pair. I currently have ESODs and Red-D Dry Bones. I want a more relaxed pair of straight leg that I could wear some sneakers with or high tops or something, not having to wear boots or slip ons like with these tapereds. Something mid-high rise as well to give my *cough*junk*cough* a bit more room. Any suggestions?

id say give the 1944 war edition 501's a shot.

1955s. I think Dejan has'm raw.

Agreed. The 44 is a baggier, vintage shape, that of the 55 is perhaps the quintessential Levi's cut, and is definitely more wearable. I would buy actual waist size in these, though. I've added more photos of the 55, complete with comparisons to the 47, on the 501 thread, here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599612&postcount=4

Agreed. The 44 is a baggier, vintage shape, that of the 55 is perhaps the quintessential Levi's cut, and is definitely more wearable. I would buy actual waist size in these, though. I've added more photos of the 55, complete with comparisons to the 47, on the 501 thread, here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599612&postcount=4

Thanks Paul for posing that..

Did you see a while back? I picked up a pair of those 333s...

They are SWEET.

I just dealt with the sizing deal with RAW 1947's. I kept reading about how to size 2" in the waist and 3" in the inseam, b/c the waist will shrink 2" and the inseam 3". I wear a 36W, so I bought 38X36". Well, I 1)hot soaked for 20 mins and they only shrunk maybe 3/4". So then I 2)hot soaked for like 4 hours. Still too big, only shrunk down to a 37". So then I 3)soaked AND hot dryer. STILL too big. I know, people say it takes like 10 washes to get the full shrinkage. But hell if Im gonna wear baggy ass jeans like that, esp. in the '47 for months until they shrink. So I bought a true to size 36"W, am wearing now, and they fit great-haven't soaked them yet. Im gonna wait until they stretch and I get some fades, then shrink back down to this size. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that info.

Just to repeat myself... again...

The ONLY fool-proof way of sizing LVC, thanks to year-on-year variation, is to measure them or ask the retailer to measure them. Assuming one inch shrinkage in the waist will be fine if they're a style that will stretch.

Soaking usually achieves around half the shrinking, you won't get substantial shrinking (or leg twist) until the first wash.

Previous 1947, from 204-2007 were undersized. But it's always possible it was just the 30, 32 and 34W that were made small, we haven't had reports of the bigger sizes. So again, ask your retailer.

LVC are now being made in a different factory, so it's possible some of the assumptions we've made in the past, or on the 501 Visual Guide thread, may need to be updated.

I can get the Japanese LVC for those who're interested. Basic models are 21,000 yen and I will charge the normal fee for paypal and service.

I didnt they there would be any difference but the denim is much nicer on these ones than on the EU Cone stuff. Darker and more hairy.

I'm getting the 125 1890, 44, 37 for myself and probably the 66 as well.

The 125 is a sweet limited jp-only model with one backpocket. Great denim!!

And yeah, sizes are much smaller here, for example the 125 sz 31 shrinks to 29".

Great for me and Sympathy for the denim!!

I can get the Japanese LVC for those who're interested. Basic models are 21,000 yen and I will charge the normal fee for paypal and service.

I didnt they there would be any difference but the denim is much nicer on these ones than on the EU Cone stuff. Darker and more hairy.

I'm getting the 125 1890, 44, 37 for myself and probably the 66 as well.

The 125 is a sweet limited jp-only model with one backpocket. Great denim!!

And yeah, sizes are much smaller here, for example the 125 sz 31 shrinks to 29".

Great for me and Sympathy for the denim!!

That sounds interesting, so you´d ship from the USA!? Do you get em directly from Levi´s Japan, or through rakuten? Maybe you can show up some photograph later, wearing em... I was fascinated by the japan 33s. And aswell some pics of 1890s please, I remember that they have beautiful flat rivets!? Thanks!!!!!

That sounds interesting, so you´d ship from the USA!? Do you get em directly from Levi´s Japan, or through rakuten? Maybe you can show up some photograph later, wearing em... I was fascinated by the japan 33s. And aswell some pics of 1890s please, I remember that they have beautiful flat rivets!? Thanks!!!!!

I would buy them at the Levis stores, im in Tokyo for a year. Yeah im gonna get photos of the jeans when I buy them for myself. You can also look at them at levis.jp they have the lvc collection up.

I think I can get everything on their website.

lenn, for sure! I have taken photos of PBJ and the SDA stores and I will post a lot of stuff. I just dont have internet at home now so I cant upload pics.

I have a pair of 503 bxx's. I made a thread and everything, and had contemplated selling them. Now I have fallen in love with them and want another pair.

Does anyone know how LVC decides what to repro? Are they open to suggestion, how do they determine what to reproduce?

I would really like another pair of 29-34 503 bxx's. As I said, I've fallen in love with my current pair and at some point in my life will need/want another pair or two. They don't seem to be a popular cut, or atleast not a cut thats as popular as 501,505,517 etc.

Obviously another pair of worn, or deadstock would be ideal, but this seems far harder to come across than a pair produced in an LVC line.

Are there any 'powers that be' that could be emailed, etc to suggest such a jean be added?

thanks.

robbie

but the picture has me worried...those look like the EGxLevi collaboration jeans...not "authentic" 1947 repros...and they're $235!!!!!

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2116308&cp=3146842.3146846.3146929

that looks so stupid. what the hell is that weird type on the cuffs and seat? and that red seam at the bottom? wtf. at least its expensive as hell.