Levi's Vintage Clothing

Out of curiosity I tried to compile a list of what models were produced at Valencia street. These are ones that either I or Dr_Heech have (that I know of):

1873 ducks

1873 duck jacket

1873 duck vest

1879 pleated front jacket

1890 501

'20s 201

'33 (?)

'37 201

'44 501

'44 506

'47 501

'55 501

'63 551zxx

'66 501

'67 505

'60s "white Levi's"

Who has other models with 555 stamps/tags?

Dont forget the 1873/1st blue/125th anniv. came in natural, and later on, a synthetic version(both made at Valencia st)

Also there was the 1971 517 and the 1929 213 jacket.

Oh yes, and the 1st version of the Sawtooth shirt (red tab).

Thanks Dr_,

so then:

known 555 repros:

1873 denim pants (natural indigo & synthetic version)

1873 duck pants

1873 duck jacket

1873 duck vest

1879 pleated front jacket

1890 501

'36 506 jacket

'20s 201

'29 213

'33 501

'37 201

'44 501

'44 506 jacket

'47 501

'53 507 jacket

'50s sawtooth shirt

'55 501

'62 557 jacket

'63 551zxx

'66 501

'67 505

'67 505 jacket

'60s "white Levi's"

'71 517

^I wasn't sure about that, if the jackets were really distinct or LVC had changed the labeling at some point. How are the '62 and '67 557s different?

i had the 67' i know the lot # was different. it was 70505 instead of the earlier 557. i think some of the details were different too the bar-tacking & thread color. i don't remember for sure though.

^I wasn't sure about that, if the jackets were really distinct or LVC had changed the labeling at some point. How are the '62 and '67 557s different?

As Colgems pointed out, the 557xx has different bar-tacking under the pockets and more distinctive colour threads. Apart from the label size/lot #, the 557xx is about 1.5 inches longer IIRC.

Obviously (if you look at www.vintagemotorcyclejackets.com) the 1962 is actually a 1964 (as it doesn't have the 'every garment guaranteed' lettering) and also it's double stitched on the inside of the waistband and cuffs, which didn't happen until much later on.

[edit] When the Lvc's are laid next to each other, apart from the difference in length, the 557xx is darker raw than the 70505.

Thanks to Almostnice I got my hands on these WWII LVC. Sorry for the bad fitpics. Making hangover affected pics right before going to work and while having breakfast is now on my "Things not to do again-list". Which is growing daily, btw.

kopievondsc01563.jpg

dsc01568zb.jpg

jvbk.jpg

dsc01572bm.jpg

dsc01573ia.jpg

dsc01575iz.jpg

Thanks again, always a pleasure!

I have 2 pairs. I prefer the 2005ish ones with the striped pocket lining if I'm honest.

i have two pairs myself. some 554's and the same 2005 you mentioned. only bad thing about the 2005's is mine had a real crummy back patch. kind of a plastic looking leather. the patch shrunk pulling out part of the stitching and distorting the text, but 6 yrs in it still has that plastic look. worst patch on any of my lvc, otherwise i like them.

I have 2 pairs. I prefer the 2005ish ones with the striped pocket lining if I'm honest.

i have two pairs myself. some 554's and the same 2005 you mentioned. only bad thing about the 2005's is mine had a real crummy back patch. kind of a plastic looking leather. the patch shrunk pulling out part of the stitching and distorting the text, but 6 yrs in it still has that plastic look. worst patch on any of my lvc, otherwise i like them.

^agreed, those 2005 issues are nicer than the 555 versions.

The 2010 versions have a non-'R' red tab, nice thick/embossed patch, but the belt loops let them down somewhat.

I think the variation in details over the years mirrors what you would have been able to pick up during that wartime era, going by pics of originals I've seen.

Rob, you need to post some updated pix ! :)

^agreed, those 2005 issues are nicer than the 555 versions.

The 2010 versions have a non-'R' red tab, nice thick/embossed patch, but the belt loops let them down somewhat.

I think the variation in details over the years mirrors what you would have been able to pick up during that wartime era, going by pics of originals I've seen.

Rob, you need to post some updated pix ! :)

the 2005 44's are nice. my only complaints on mine is the back patch as i said earlier and the striped pocket linings (shirt material) are obviously a poly/cotton blend which is anachronistic. i wish they had used all cotton shirting. the older mine get the more the pockets pill. it's really not too often all the elements come together for a perfect pair. usually an issue of overlooking small things and learning to love em'

the 2005 44's are nice. my only complaints on mine is the back patch as i said earlier and the striped pocket linings (shirt material) are obviously a poly/cotton blend which is anachronistic. i wish they had used all cotton shirting. the older mine get the more the pockets pill. it's really not too often all the elements come together for a perfect pair. usually an issue of overlooking small things and learning to love em'

Guest rusholmeruffian

I had 2 pairs of the "rust & blue" edition. Came in a lunch tin. They had plaid flannel linings but the distressing was way ott.

Guest rusholmeruffian

I had 2 pairs of the "rust & blue" edition. Came in a lunch tin. They had plaid flannel linings but the distressing was way ott.