Levi's Vintage Clothing

Great photo, Fardin!

Are we sure that's the same jumper? Many similarities, but the pocket shape looks very different. I love those early shirts but know little about them.

If those are Levi's pants, they must be very early, according to the suspender buttons - and they must be the XX model, with that watch-pocket positioning.

I'd post my fit pic, but I can't compete with that dude. Especially now Dr Heech has implied i"m a geek for mentioning the rivets!

Lol Paul T

Maybe not a geek like me, but an obsessive nonetheless.

Could those pants could be the early 201's, with the donut suspender buttons. I read somewhere that levis made a budget 'open front jumper' too, under the 200 series.

I had a Lvc repro of the one pocket denim version and the fit was whack - really wide fitting.

Rivets aside, the details on that duck shirt are beautifull however

Obsessive? Moi?

Actually, I tucked the shirt in and it looks better. Ridiculously wide, and pretty short, would work better with higher rise jeans. I'll post pix both ways tomorrow.

I'm really happy with it, because it's so unusual, and hardcore. I would definitely recommend it, but if you're a 36 or 38 chest, like me, I would opt for the small. I got the medium, figuring there'd be more shrinkage.

Nice looking duck canvas shirt Paul T. I was in the city at the unionmade store and saw a new distressed version of the duck canvas jeans that are really beat up and stained with holes, etc. First time I'd gotten to see the material up close - very nice looking fabric.

i did some research on the pic and it seems to be from the 30s. so maybe the jumper is a bit older but not as old as pauls. hence the different pocket shape. the suspender buttons look odd for 30s levis. but happy you guys liked the pic.

Sooo....about those discount codes? ;-)

...too soon?

lol, sadly they only work on the US levis.com website so I am really hoping that they decide to start selling the lvc stuff through the "official" levi's site!

Here we go: tucked in, like our fella.

Whatever the hype, 55 LVC take a lot of beating. I owned a pair of originals at one time, and these match that smoky colour exactly, with pale grey highlights. If these were the only jeans I could wear for the rest of my life, that would be fine...

Duckand55.jpg

edit: Fardin, Dr, you two reminded me that guy's pants must be the 201. Lovely. Don't think I've seen the shirt that matches the 333, allen, anybody got pix? I love those pullovers.

THis one maybe would have been slightly better in a smaller size, I still love it. Makes me jones for a few more closed-top jumpers, though...

There was a links to several sellers a couple of years ago and it was a button up front and there was an arcuate on the pocket. It had the 333 label and I almost pulled the trigger.

LVCs 1955s are probably LVCs most accurate repro and has been. I've seen them right next to originals and they could have came out of the same factory.

Electrum, I think LVC is very up front with the raw weight on their repros as of late.

Just picked up this 1920s Sunset work shirt today. At first I wasnt sure about the fit, as its a bit boxy and 'hang's' a bit on the shoulders but after a few minutes thinking about it I just had to have it. I love it. I guess it doesnt fit like tailoured shirt and of course its not supposed to but it took a while getting used to. Anyhow thought maybe you guys might like to see some pics as I know not everyone can get to a store to check LVC stuff out.

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

PaulT- I really like that duck shirt on you. Looks really authentic and not like a fashion piece the fit looks great.

Sorry about the picture sizing, cant figure out how to make them smaller.

Just picked up this 1920s Sunset work shirt today. At first I wasnt sure about the fit, as its a bit boxy and 'hang's' a bit on the shoulders but after a few minutes thinking about it I just had to have it. I love it. I guess it doesnt fit like tailoured shirt and of course its not supposed to but it took a while getting used to. Anyhow thought maybe you guys might like to see some pics as I know not everyone can get to a store to check LVC stuff out.

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

PaulT- I really like that duck shirt on you. Looks really authentic and not like a fashion piece the fit looks great.

Sorry about the picture sizing, cant figure out how to make them smaller.

That shirt is sweet....

Duckand55.jpg

That is one tough ass shirt -- much different/better than any promo fotos I've seen. Although you say it's a bit large, the way the material lays it looks real cool making it a very handsome piece of work, and it works well with the '55s too. Aught to look even better when you're wearing it down the road when you're in your '80s while painting those window frames. Great stuff thx for posting.

@PaulT: I'm know it's heresy, but I don't care. You think I could size a pair of 55's down enough to make them as slim as my 47s? I may be wrong, but the denim looks nicer. Maybe it's just the abundant wear you've got. :-)

@PaulT: I'm know it's heresy, but I don't care. You think I could size a pair of 55's down enough to make them as slim as my 47s? I may be wrong, but the denim looks nicer. Maybe it's just the abundant wear you've got. :-)

NO, you're not wrong, it's a good way to go. I think I prefer the 55 denim, too, it's not necessarily superior in quality, but it gives a better look at every degree of fade, whereas the 47 takes longer to come thru and, I think, is more variable.

Those jeans are actual waist size - ie, I always take a 32 waist post-shrinking, but in those I bought a 32 tag size, which actually measured 32, and stretched the waist. THey're still roomier than my 1947, which are one size larger.

If you want them slimmer than I'm wearing, try downsizing further. Try them on first if you can, though! As long as you have some room around the seat and thighs, the waist will stretch back out. Beware of the fact that current production is oversized, so only go by measured, rather than tagged size.

Even in a few weeks wear over the last wash, the 55 are looking even nicer - they have the classic 'salt and pepper' fading, in little dots, but without the exaggerated slubbiness you get on, say, Samurai. These haven't had a mega amount of wear, maybe 10 months, altho I do seem to wear my jeans pretty quickly compared with some. The only thing I'd improve on them would be to have yellow stitching on the hems (the same with the 47). Thanks for the compliments!

great fit on that duck shirt Paul T

Haku, how is the sizing of that sunset shirt; i have seen recommendations to size up one for that shirt

great fit on that duck shirt Paul T

Haku, how is the sizing of that sunset shirt; i have seen recommendations to size up one for that shirt

I think the sizing is pretty standard tbh. I normally wear either a sml or med depending on the brand. In this I took a medium and it fits well. (in gap and jcrew i take a small, most jap brands take a medium). Heres a few quick measurements for a med if it helps:

Pit to Pit: 21"

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 19"

Length from top button down front: 25" (the shirt has a longer tail)

eltopo, I love you and hate you. That shot is guaranteed to promote terminal buyers' remorse. My only compensation is that my dry 1901 are looking nearly as good. Nearly.

My barber-guru Gerald was admiring the cotton duck jumper, we googled to find who had them in stock, and I found this earlier model - mauybe it's the 200 series version airfrog mentioned? But I think the dude needs to tuck it in & choose more of a dust-bowl backdrop...

Pic courtesy Dr Cowboy, http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/drxxxcowboy/article?mid=2839&prev=2843&next=-1apf2320100123042139892.jpg

1901 Indigo Immortal

Thanks Paul!

Wow. I really like some of the LVC pre-wash and distressed models and those look great. I know I am in the (very)small minority of people that like some of the washed LVC and I am looking forward to see what this Fall has in store too...

Wow. I really like some of the LVC pre-wash and distressed models and those look great. I know I am in the (very)small minority of people that like some of the washed LVC and I am looking forward to see what this Fall has in store too...

eltopo's jeans were distressed by Bart SIghts, who also did the original Indigo Immortal - both of them are fabulous finishes.

One of the reasons they look so good is that they seem tinted.

1901frontmain.jpg

TO get a similar feel with tht dry jeans, they need to be pretty funky

1901lap.jpg

HEre are the same jeans, before they were washed. but they did, how can I say it, smell a little...

1901dirty.jpg

Many key future LVC finishes will be done by Denim Tech, whcih features several ex-Sights employees. We've seen a couple posted here, and I've seen development shots that looked amazing.

eltopo's jeans were distressed by Bart SIghts, who also did the original Indigo Immortal - both of them are fabulous finishes.

One of the reasons they look so good is that they seem tinted.

Many key future LVC finishes will be done by Denim Tech, whcih features several ex-Sights employees. We've seen a couple posted here, and I've seen development shots that looked amazing.

Wow, they look beautiful. Who is that guy that creates looks like this (Bart Sights)?

I'm a friend of authentic looking prewashes besides the real raw thing, but they're pretty rare imo. A good prewashed jean looks better with wear and frequent washes, I love my LVC 54 rootless for example, another nice one is the 66 roadside:

50166roadfroz.jpg

Btw, if you're looking for real nice japanese jeans (you've asked that a few days ago), check the denime 66xx take5 contest thread. They're awesome jeans, maybe the nicest jap denim ever, I really love my pair.

Great looking photos Paul. I've been looking online but can't find a photo yet of the Duck Canvas jeans in a distressed version that I saw over the weekend at UnionMade. From what I remember it looked pretty cool with lots of dark staining and wear - thought it was interesting they did a distressed version of them. Not sure what I would pair them with, one of the guys there was wearing a duck canvas jean with a denim top which looked pretty cool.

Im just looking for some quick info that I cant seem to find a clear answer to anywhere. Whats the cut/fit differences between the raw 1890, 1901, 1915 and 1933's? If anyone could help it would be really appreciated. Thanks

Im just looking for some quick info that I cant seem to find a clear answer to anywhere. Whats the cut/fit differences between the raw 1890, 1901, 1915 and 1933's? If anyone could help it would be really appreciated. Thanks

Paul T to the rescue! The 1915's aren't here, but everything else is:

http://www.trynka.net/Site/501%20FAQ.html