Levi's Vintage Clothing

thank you! yes paul i wear them like a straight fit in the legs but that means im stretching the waist alot after a soak, they are wider in the hip than in the waist thats why its quite tight in the waist but not in the legs.

i really like the fit maybe i should wait with the washing until they stink...

I like the shallow arcs on those jeans. I believe Levis has gone back to the deeper arcs on their STFs.

damn those 201xx are really nice, the first time now i see a worn in pair, so i should go more often with my own pair...

some STFs: from left 1984 1996s(524) 1993s(555) btw. I always thought Levi´s only produced LVCs at Valencia Street.... I really love the denim of the firtst two pairs, it´s very vintage like for open end denim:

img2330l.jpg

That middle pair is seriously slubby!

Am I the only one who likes the lemon stitching and the white on the LVC's? I was just looking at airfrogusmc's "1927 501s from early this year" on the last page of the 501 visual guide thread and man the blue of that denim and the white stitching looks cool!

Did Levi ever do an all yellow stitching jean?

Am I the only one who likes the lemon stitching and the white on the LVC's? I was just looking at airfrogusmc's "1927 501s from early this year" on the last page of the 501 visual guide thread and man the blue of that denim and the white stitching looks cool!

Did Levi ever do an all yellow stitching jean?

The Levi's 1933 jean is 99% yellow stitch, similar in cut to the 1927.

i agree i love that pic, very cool. i have actually been considering both the menlo and the 1901. i would like to see more pics of the jacket if you could and what size chest (inches) are you?

also tell us more about your hat, scarf, boots and piece of wood. thanks.

Very cool MHP. Love the 1901 especially. And the piece of wood of course.

Just washed my newer 47 - I have been iffy about the denim before, but I really reckon these have come through well - they need a couple of washes to show them at their best. I'll post pix tomorrow when they're off the line.

IN the meantime, I've swtiched to my 1955 for the spring. Here they are, one wash, five or six months wear, worn actual waist size. THigsh are still reasonably generous after a 40 degree wash. These look VERY close in colour to a pair of original 60s jeans I posted here and sold on eBay.

The pics seem to come out weird on photobucket, for more info go to my 501 FAQ:

http://www.trynka.net/Site/501%201955.html

1955front-1.jpg

For the last few months I've been a bit down on the recent 1947 - almostnice commented his recent ones hadn't kept their indigo as well as his earlier ones, and I was thinking the same.

WEll, I was wrong. I think they just needed a harder wash, which really brought out the blue. So I'm pretty happy with these now, I think they're about as good as the earlier pair that I sold to beatle. Photobucket seems to lose some of the contrast of the original photo, but this is still reasonably close.

47.jpg

And, for comparison, here is the 47 vs the 55. I find it very hard to get the shade of these right in photos, I need to work out how to manually expose on my G9. But this gives a pretty good idea of the 2-wash 47, nine months in, vs the one-wash 55. Both keep their indigo as well as the other; the 5il fluffier denim. THey're distincitly different in the flesh.

5547.jpg

Chuck 1886s might be going up for sale soon. I said might and they now have a good deal of wear. My 27s were worn hard EVERYDAY for the past 6 months or so and look it now.

Airfrog,

How are your 27's coming along, could we have some pics? What are your feelings about them?

You really sellin' your 1886's !!!??

Airfrog,

How are your 27's coming along, could we have some pics? What are your feelings about them?

You really sellin' your 1886's !!!??

I like the 27s. Let see these are a couple months old but show some wear... I like the 1917s better...

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

Heres so photos of my 1937 201s 555 tagged 40/34 actual measurements are 36 31 /12. I really don't want to put these on e-bay so someone here PLEASE BUY.

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179_1.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

http://i4.photobucketI have a new Good wear M 422 Monarch which John said should be finished in a week or so. I have to finish financing it so maybe the 1886s will be for sale also.

Dr H heres the proto type. Mine will have 1940s original mouton draker and more golden and the jacket will be darker and have brown buttons. Triple stamp Talon NOS puller and repro deco talon stamped stopper box just like the original.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/M422_01_46/

He also makes a killer A-1.

Absolutely beautifull !! Is that not an M-422a though, judging by the "pencil pocket" inside the L/H side patch pocket?

Do you know when they will be producing the actual repro Jacket for sale?