railcar fine goods

kayodic

2 minutes ago, Steven RFG said:

Hi again. I was hoping this was over in the public forum.

- We missed a detail on the alteration after we repaired the previous work.

- We offered to fix the detail that we missed.

- You replied back and made it pretty obvious we could not meet your needs.

- We refunded you the whole amount for the service to your credit card. Repairing the jeans and altering them at our loss.

- We felt like we could not meet your needs and your expectations and you should try the other tailors you mentioned in your email.

Hopefully we could just end this. Thanks.

You were hoping I would just swallow your response full of incorrect statements?

You stopped responding to e-mails – not the other way around. This could have been totally private.

You did not "repair" previous work, nor would it be relevant to any of your points if you had.

You did not "miss a detail." You did an obvious hack job on a leather patch that cannot be replaced.

I did not make it obvious you could not "meet my needs." I explained that your initial response made no sense to me, explained exactly why, proposed an alternative solution (just hem the jeans again to get me some spare material, and let me re-stitch the patch myself if you can't do it perfectly – and if you can do it perfectly, go ahead), and I asked to come in that day and put it to bed.

If you have refunded me, excellent. I am still waiting to receive said refund, and I also have no receipt of refund having been issued, because you cut off private communication.

We could have ended this Friday with five minutes of your time. I was willing to commute out there again to put it to be with a simple hemming job. You just didn't like having your points demolished, and let your ego get in the way of an easy solution.

Any time you wish to e-mail, you are free to do so. I sent the last e-mail, not you. You can quit posting falsehoods and spin and go back to private communication any time you wish.

Nobody needs to have any "interest" in this. Nobody needs to like any of my posts. The point is that it's posted, and there it sits. Private communication was shut down unnecessarily, over a very easy to solve issue. At that point, it turns into a publicly viewable complaint that hopefully makes a few people think twice.

As explained in my initial post on the issue, this is a case, metaphorically speaking, of "the attempted cover up being worse than the crime."

The work was an embarrassment. However, I kept my cool about it and was reasonable about a solution, giving a little on my end just to settle it quickly. In the end, the real-world solution would have been easy: hem the pants higher to salvage some material for me. I'll fix the patch by hand. I'll compromise with Railcar by spending 40 to 60 minutes of my time driving there and back, and 20 or 30 minutes of my time hand sewing the patch. They spend five minutes doing a hem job. Done, and seems beyond fair to Railcar. Why that very reasonable offer of mine was an unacceptable solution to them is beyond me. They keep saying they couldn't have satisfied me...but I told them exactly how they could, and that they could knock it out that day if they were available.

Instead, I get a bunch of nonsense from them simply because they took personal offense. Then they come here and post distortions and lies and continue their nonsensical arguments.

Again, five minutes of their time to realize a solution that is beyond fair...or possibly get this crap (which, believe it or not, I dislike too)? Hopefully THAT is the "learning experience" that the owner spoke of.

I quite honestly don't care what people think of me, and I didn't come here for "support." I'm not going to dive in to that whole leg of the discussion beyond this paragraph. I came here to lodge a review, and I was truthful in my posts. I don't run a business here, and it's just a hobby club, so been unpopular doesn't "ding" me. We don't need to love each other or agree with each other. I've stated what I felt needed to be stated to make my points to at all steps of the way, and that's good enough for me, regardless of how it is received.

Totally willing to go private again, but if nonsense and bent truths keeps getting posted by RFG, then I will, of course, respond with sensible counter-arguments.

This really had to be two posts at most. I complain. RFG says sorry we'll fix it like you wanted after all. Oh well.

24 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I think by this stage, you're only talking to yourself here...

Perhaps, and perhaps not, and no way to know. But I said what I meant and meant what I said, and that's all that matters to me. You can't force anyone to read something or to hold a certain opinion. None of that is my goal. With limited options, I did was I could to make a truthful series of statements, and I can't do much beyond that.

23 minutes ago, 428CJ said:

Perhaps, and perhaps not, and no way to know. But I said what I meant and meant what I said, and that's all that matters to me. You can't force anyone to read something or to hold a certain opinion. None of that is my goal. With limited options, I did was I could to make a truthful series of statements, and I can't do much beyond that.

You’re spamming up the thread, man. Same reason you got negged initially. 

Here's a Mildblend Chicago exclusive we made for them. Starchy, crispy 16 ounce Japanese blue line selvedge from Kuroki Mills. If you're in that area please check it out. Here is the  link to their product page. https://mildblend.com/products/railcar-x-mildblend-spike-16-oz.

They just received them this week.

IMG_3544.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I am currently on the hunt for a nice duck chore coat. Have a couple questions about the RFG model. I am wondering about the fit. Some writeups describe it as "updated", "modern", etc (which I take to mean slim), others "regular", so I was wondering how anyone who is familiar with the jacket would characterise it in this regard. I am looking for something on the boxier, more traditional side of things. I've tried on a Carhartt WIP OG Chore Coat (like this one: https://www.flatspot.com/products/carhartt-og-chore-coat-hamilton-brown) - maybe as a reference point if anyone could say whether the RFG one is more or less fitted. That would be great. What I really don't want is a jacket that fits like a tube. haha

Thanks!

Edited by duggabax

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, duggabax said:

Hi there! I am currently on the hunt for a nice duck chore coat. Have a couple questions about the RFG model. I am wondering about the fit. Some writeups describe it as "updated", "modern", etc (which I take to mean slim), others "regular", so I was wondering how anyone who is familiar with the jacket would characterise it in this regard. I am looking for something on the boxier, more traditional side of things. I've tried on a Carhartt WIP OG Chore Coat (like this one: https://www.flatspot.com/products/carhartt-og-chore-coat-hamilton-brown) - maybe as a reference point if anyone could say whether the RFG one is more or less fitted. That would be great. What I really don't want is a jacket that fits like a tube. haha

Thanks!

Hi! Fitment is very unique to everyone. So its hard to say. Our "modern fit" doesn't mean slim. It actually means it's more tailored. The arms are thinner and the body isn't huge. Probably the best way to see how they fit is check out this link. https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/railcarchorecoat/

There's a lot of examples of different people wearing them in there.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...