A.P.C.

jeepster

look good, probably pretty stiff though so the extra inseam is making them look odd.

hack it to your usual inseam and go

if he hacks it to his usual inseam, once he washes he is screwed. i've heard various amounts of shrinkage after a wash (from minimal to alot). but i havent heard anyone say that their inseam did not shrink at all after a wash.

length sure looks pretty alright to me without needing a hem. how tall are you?

Im 6'4"

if he hacks it to his usual inseam, once he washes he is screwed. i've heard various amounts of shrinkage after a wash (from minimal to alot). but i havent heard anyone say that their inseam did not shrink at all after a wash.

The lenght is fine, and once they soften up the stacks will turn out ok.

But I would like to get them tapered some more. The bottom part is too wide for my liking...

So if Context measurements are pretty accurate, it seems that Petit Standards when sized up a little have a nearly identical cut to Skull 5010s (for the waist sizes I'm looking at, at least). 27s in 5010s is almost spot-on with 28s of Petit Standards, sans for the rise being 0.75" different. However, going with 28 for the Petit Standards would mean I'm going true-to-size, has anyone here purchased their true size for APCs? I'm afraid the waist will be loose, and I don't really like belts.

Thanks.

(EDIT) ranonranonarat those are the sickest APCs I've ever seen, holy shit. Good job.

Guest umhaha84
Why do i feel that, 2nd hand APCs hold their price really really steady.... lots of ppl selling their 9/10 condition for $130-150....WTF?

fuck no. people selling APCs for $130~150 will eventually drop their price to 100 to sub 100 to sell.

So if Context measurements are pretty accurate, it seems that Petit Standards when sized up a little have a nearly identical cut to Skull 5010s (for the waist sizes I'm looking at, at least). 27s in 5010s is almost spot-on with 28s of Petit Standards, sans for the rise being 0.75" different. However, going with 28 for the Petit Standards would mean I'm going true-to-size, has anyone here purchased their true size for APCs? I'm afraid the waist will be loose, and I don't really like belts.

Thanks.

(EDIT) ranonranonarat those are the sickest APCs I've ever seen, holy shit. Good job.

Do not go true to size, I'm around a 32 and I wear a 28 in PS. Any bigger and they would be falling off my waist, I'm even wearing a belt with the 28's.

Do not go true to size, I'm around a 32 and I wear a 28 in PS. Any bigger and they would be falling off my waist, I'm even wearing a belt with the 28's.

Haha you probably aren't a 32 waist then...

I mean I've seen a few fits of people going true-to-size, but they've just randomly come and go so I can't remember any usernames specifically to ask questions, but while my true waist is a 28 (and my current pair of raw jeans are as well), I had worn 30s prior with Levi's and such to compensate for sag, so I didn't think this sounded like too bad of an idea.

New here but have been lurking for a little bit. Have been working these Petit Standards for about 4 months now. The color contrast is a bit better in real life but I'll have to work them harder to get the results I want. I sized down 2 and I think it was the perfect fit

4368722981_287ed1b6b7.jpg

can you post pictures of the back?

I personally could not imagine sizing down four, but if it works for you then more power to yah bro. I only sized down 2 and I felt that it was the perfect size since it took about an hour to get the last button to fasten and the waist was tight for about a day. Now the entire jean is perfectly contoured and I believe the stretching process has stopped. When you size down too much the jean stretches out alot more and for some people, they end up being too big :-/

And to Khez, I'll try get isolated pics of the front and back by the end of tomorrow, thanks for the compliments every one

yeah I definitely know what you mean. Alot of people don't really understand that sizing down 4 is really sizing down 2 inches from your true waist. I know some people do it but I only went with 2 on my PS since I figured they would be skinny and maybe a tad slimmer than my Levi 511 (and they were). It all worked out so I'm super content with them. With the NS I'm going to size down 3 (or 1 from my real waist). Hopefully the fit will be similar but with a bigger hem

Your PS fit is only 2 down from your 511 size?

I have NS in 28's and 511 in 31's. I think I could have managed 1 more down.

btw, REALLY good fit on them dude. makes me wanna buy some right now.

unrelated, but I decided to go for the soak I was considering a few pages back. they're in the tub right now. comparison pics once they dry

Your PS fit is only 2 down from your 511 size?

I have NS in 28's and 511 in 31's. I think I could have managed 1 more down.

btw, REALLY good fit on them dude. makes me wanna buy some right now.

unrelated, but I decided to go for the soak I was considering a few pages back. they're in the tub right now. comparison pics once they dry

You feel like you could still manage another size down? hmm, in that case I might just head into APC in SoHo and try on each size myself. Do you mind if I ask if you sag your jeans or not? And yes I only sized down 2 from my 511 size, i wear 29x32 in levi 511 and my true waist is 29 and a little bit

Yeah, I could EASILY have managed downsizing more everywhere except the waist. And I think had it been tighter, it'd have stretched out enough to be ok over time.

I do sag a little bit, but not excessively.

Going by how your petits fit though, I'd think 1 more down for ns is good..how's the waist on them? they look like a perfect fit throughout, so I'd think sizing down more would rape your waist/thighs.

I want comparison fit pics when you get your new standards haha. cuz I'm unsure how to size the petits, we're kinda in reversed situations

haha Yeah I see what you mean. Well the waist was tight at first and it was hard to fasten the top button at first. But within the hour it fastened and a day later of wear it felt snug. Now it's a perfect fit to my waist so it wasn't too much of a stretch since it was initially a 29 and is now 29.5ish. My advice would be that if the waist on your NS was a tad tight at first but loosened to exactly your waist size, then go with that tag size. It'll give you the perfect waist and it'll be slimmer throughout the entire jean and smaller leg opening. Also keep in mind that it has a lower rise than the NS as well. Some people would recommend simply sizing up 1 from NS when going with PS