A.P.C.

jeepster

Has anybody seen any Black NC?

I want to buy a pair but cant find them anywhere, i might have to go with the Black PS.

How much of a cut difference between the PS and NC? like i know 3 buttons and lower rise, but anybody really feel the difference in that or the legs going from like a NC 28 to a PS 28?

haha Yeah I see what you mean. Well the waist was tight at first and it was hard to fasten the top button at first. But within the hour it fastened and a day later of wear it felt snug. Now it's a perfect fit to my waist so it wasn't too much of a stretch since it was initially a 29 and is now 29.5ish. My advice would be that if the waist on your NS was a tad tight at first but loosened to exactly your waist size, then go with that tag size. It'll give you the perfect waist and it'll be slimmer throughout the entire jean and smaller leg opening. Also keep in mind that it has a lower rise than the NS as well. Some people would recommend simply sizing up 1 from NS when going with PS

If people recommend going one up then I feel like going with the same size would be good for the fit I want. I was thinking of one more down but that's probably taking it too far haha.

but yeah for your case it sounds like one more down for ns would be great. tight for sure, but I doubt you want it too big.

Hey JBenz, so if I wanted a fit like yours for Petit Standards, and my true waist is around 29, I should size down 2 and get 27 right?

Yes if your true waist is a 29 you should size down 2 to a tagged size 27. I have an athletic build so if you're the same it should be tight at first and it should contour to your shape within a week or 2.

my true waist is 29 too and i sized down to tag size 26.. they've stretched out to 31 already though.. been 2 weeks..

heres my day 1 fit pics. did stretch them out the night before thats why i managed the top button.

13thFeb2010back.jpg

13thFeb2010front.jpg

I'll be posting up pics once i reach the first month. i already see fading!

Alright thanks guys for the input. I think I'm going to lean towards ordering the 27 since I don't really want it that tight/skinny. Is ordering them on apc.fr my best bet? or is there somewhere I can get them for cheaper.

Contextclothing.com is where I got my PS from, they were pretty fast with shipping and it was free without taxes as well. So 155 straight up is pretty much the cheapest you'll find it

Made in Japan you say? Hmm now I can't wait to see how the fades turn out since the denim is different (at least I hope it is)

Here are some current fit pics, been 4 months now. I tried to get the color as close to real, I'll post close ups of the fading and stacks/combs soon

4408097878_025c55b7fe.jpg

4407330283_d28ca15b96.jpg

Petit Standard tag size 27 with true waist 29

Im in a dilemma. Im going to buy a pair of New Standards tomorrow. Im a true size 32. My jeans and khakis are all 32. Should i get a size 30? or should i get the size 32 APC? I love the baggy look. But I dont want them to be TOO baggy. I also do sag. Any help is appreciated.

Made in Japan you say? Hmm now I can't wait to see how the fades turn out since the denim is different (at least I hope it is)

Here are some current fit pics, been 4 months now. I tried to get the color as close to real, I'll post close ups of the fading and stacks/combs soon

4396726771_b5f719cbe3.jpg

4396727331_873684b596.jpg

thanks for these. you have the exact fit i want and are the same size as me. im just curious as to your height and weight? sorry if its creepy hahaha.

4396726771_b5f719cbe3.jpg

4396727331_873684b596.jpg

Great fit, pretty much exactly what I want when I get my next pair.

So I went through with the hot soak I was considering..my first impressions were great. less sheen, better length. I was happy with how they turned out

img00622201002282226.jpg

They loosened up extremely fast though..I think even more than they'd been before. These pics are from the first day after the soak (today).

mar01.jpg

I'm hoping they don't stretch any more..

should think about the apc x supreme series since the denim is actually made in japan. i checked the tag.

Haha what the hell, how perfect. I just ordered the Supreme APCs and noticed on the website it said "Japanese canvas" and immediately wondered if they used Japanese denim for the collab, but no one I casually asked seemed to know, so I came on here to ask. Awesome.

So I went through with the hot soak I was considering..my first impressions were great. less sheen, better length. I was happy with how they turned out

img00622201002282226.jpg

They loosened up extremely fast though..I think even more than they'd been before. These pics are from the first day after the soak (today).

mar01.jpg

I'm hoping they don't stretch any more..

Nice fit, one question though. How many inches of inseam did you lose?

I;m just asking because against all advice and research i decided to hem off a lot of my jeans cuz i got sick of it and want to know how much more inseam i can except to loose. I'll prolly cold wash/soak em in the future to avoid a lot of inseam loss though.

@spike27z: yea, shrinking on them dun really do much diff as apcs are sanforized. so the shrinkage obtained at first will be written off after u start wearing them back again.

prolly shud have gone a size dwn further at least or two imo due to apc's vanity sizing. but pre soak pics look fine to me. u could try uploading a better angle pic for the post soak. tts my 2 cents

I didn't measure inseam before/after but it's noticable but not a ton. You can compare the before/after pics and see the difference. maybe 1.5", idk.

and kkurenaii, they're already like 3 down from my true size. idk if I could have managed the waist smaller. I'm thinking I'd like a PS fit a lot..from my ns fit, should I size the same or another down?

edit: shit, this was spike27z, i didn't realize my girlfriend was logged into her account lol.