A.P.C.

jeepster

I've been wearing my APC NS for a little over a month now. I kinda want them hemmed but I was wondering how that would affect my stacks and everything else for that matter. If I hem them about 2-3" would it mess things up? There is already some slight fading in my stacks.

I've been wearing my APC NS for a little over a month now. I kinda want them hemmed but I was wondering how that would affect my stacks and everything else for that matter. If I hem them about 2-3" would it mess things up? There is already some slight fading in my stacks.

Before you hem, do a quick 30 minute hot soak. They shrink a lot at the inseam. Do that, then hem accordingly. It won't mess up your stacks, it'll just take off from where you left them.

why would you want them hemmed? just curious? idk Im not very tall but I dig the inseam on my rescues

why would you want them hemmed? just curious? idk Im not very tall but I dig the inseam on my rescues

Well, I am really really short. haha. Like 5'2" to be exact. :cool: And I never hemmed at all so I have mega stacks that are kinda weird IMO.

Before you hem, do a quick 30 minute hot soak. They shrink a lot at the inseam. Do that, then hem accordingly. It won't mess up your stacks, it'll just take off from where you left them.

Uh, when I hot soaked mine in the inseam after close to a year they didn't shrink at all in the inseam. You might get, like, half an inch.

Uh, when I hot soaked mine in the inseam after close to a year they didn't shrink at all in the inseam. You might get, like, half an inch.

truth. they dont shrink hardly any in the inseam with washes/soaks, the waist is another question haha. but yeah my dude I mean if youre short get them hemmed I suppose, but dont do too much. it's better to have too much of an inseam than not enough.

Hey guys, quick question: right now I wear Rescues size 29 (waist has stretched to 17", thigh to ~11.5"), and they fit great except for the top block, and there's just too much material there around the butt resulting in a bit of hip flare.

Could this be resolved to switching to NS? I'm afraid a 29 NS would be great in the waist but too tight in the thigh, but a 30 would be too loose on the waist.

Oh, my natural waist is 32".

After getting tired of Earnest Sewn full leg Hemingways for the past year or so, I went down to the APC store in soho today and tried on some NS 30's - the slimmest I could actually get my legs into and definitely had to struggle to close the top button. I still think I need to try on a pair of 29's and make the breaking-in process an at-home only thing for a few weeks.

I liked the look, just wasn't sure with the length. Do most people wear them for a few weeks before getting hemmed? I just can't deal with a big rolled up cuff, not the best look for me.