A.P.C.

jeepster

you could consider having them tapered so the fit below the knee more closely resembles the fit above the knee, I suppose. however, that's essentially what the New Standard is in relation to the Rescue, isn't it? what was the problem with your size 30 New Standards?

Guest chiquita_chaser

@Griffin

Jeans look good. But several years, really? How did you avoid the murder of the crotch? Had three repairjobs done on my NS so far. And they're one and a half year. My PS are going the same way. Any tips on how to avoid this?

Also, and I'm sorry, but longsleeves under t-shirt are only okay if you're going skiing and you are wearing thermo-underwear. Or wait. No then it's not okay either. It reminds me of Home Guard parking lot security. Only they have flashy neon t-shirts. Wait. I also remember a drummer from Blink182 back in the 90s who did it sometimes.

//CC

Guest chiquita_chaser
Full on Machine wash. Then lay flat to dry.

Finally got my turn at the washing machine in this housingproject. Will post results tomorrow!

I see what you mean about the difference in fits. I would agree that the Rescues are a more suitable cut; the bit of extra play in the calf is just nitpicking, and will settle down naturally with some wear.

Guest ahmudala
i was planning to purchase a pair of New Cures as a starter. My true waist is about 30-31inch. I wear a 30 or 31 for nudies. Should i get a Sz 28 for the new cures ? Appreciate opinions!

Hi anyone able to help me on this. Much help appreciated. =)

I traded in the new rescue 29's for new standard 30's in black.

the APC store in nyc was actually out of new standard 30's in indigo! They only take exchanges so I had to go with what they had, but I really like the black. I could have gone to Scoop or Barneys and gotten the NS's but oh well.

Been wearing these all day, will take some fit pics later. Also copped a red chambray shirt from American Apparel on the walk back.

@Griffin

Jeans look good. But several years, really? How did you avoid the murder of the crotch? Had three repairjobs done on my NS so far. And they're one and a half year. My PS are going the same way. Any tips on how to avoid this?

Also, and I'm sorry, but longsleeves under t-shirt are only okay if you're going skiing and you are wearing thermo-underwear. Or wait. No then it's not okay either. It reminds me of Home Guard parking lot security. Only they have flashy neon t-shirts. Wait. I also remember a drummer from Blink182 back in the 90s who did it sometimes.

//CC

They're really about 2 years old, now that I think about it. I'm a skinny, skinny man and while I couldn't do up the top 2-3 buttons when I first got these, the thighs always fit me fine and didn't stretch much. In fact, the crotch is in great shape after all these wears. I have two friends whose APCs ripped, and they both have thick thighs so maybe that is why.

Guest chiquita_chaser
why do guys feel uncomfortable taking pictures of girls' butts?

If the butt is wearing jeans like that I would have no problem taking its picture. How often does she wash them and how old are they aprox?

Yeah, any regular old tailor will do a fine job for $10-15. APC does not chain stitch their hems, so no worries about that. Are those New Standards working out for you? It's all about whatever makes you feel most comfortable.

OK I found my pair - NS 30's in black. I've been wearing them for two days, can definitely feel some stretch happening in the waist, hoping for a little more around the thigh/quad.

Obviously a little two long - would love to know what I can do to get some sick stacks going, if anyone has suggestions.

p1020182w.jpg

p1020183.jpg