A.P.C.

jeepster

can anyone help with this problem with my apcs

now that i finally got an indigo pair, i started cuffing my jeans cause i dont want them to bleed. and then i realized that the right leg selvedge line doesnt go straight down my leg ><so when you cuff it, the selvedge shows on the facing the front of my foot, instead of the side. i checked my black ns and the same thing! only on the right leg, not the left...help!! rearanging the stacks dont work :<

This is called leg twist; it's a fact of denim. Right hand twill jeans (where the lines run diagonally from bottom-left to top-right) will twist counter-clockwise, and left hand twill will twist clockwise. If you don't want this to happen, you have to buy broken twill (zig-zag weave) jeans.

if I soften them immediately does that mean I cant get the creases or whatever? And Ive been reading through the pages regarding sizing. Some say you should size down 3-4 and some say 2. I tried on a pair of the NS in store and 30 fit pretty snug, and that is my true size but I assume they would stretch? I might purchase a pair of PS or NS, but looking for more of a slimmer fit.

they're not skin tight..... ok yes they are. but still, it doesn't happen to everyone who's apc's aren't skin tight

Ok, so I have been through pretty much every single post in this thread, at least twice, and I've gathered a lot. However, every time this one question is asked, NO ONE answers. It's pretty unnerving, so here I go (I even made an account just to ask this):

Petit Standards are slimmer than New Standards but NOT as slim as New Cures, correct?

I've come to this conclusion based on general fit pics and some of Tyang's posts. So if I'm a 32 waist and want a slim fit a 30 in PS should be perfect, and a 30 in NC will be a bit slimmer? Thank you!

EDIT: I've looked around the thread some more and some other websites and everything seems to confirm this, so please disregard the original question. So is there any reason why context clothing lists the PS as slimmer than the NC? I'm almost positive now that they aren't: http://www.oipolloi.com/store/APC-NewCureIndigo-2759.html

Yeah, you seem to be right. Just looking at the measurements provided on that site you posted, the PS is almost just a slim straight-leg. All the measurements per size indicate that it is sort-of just a scaled-up NC or intermediate fit between the NC and NS.

Rise is higher, thigh wider, hem opening all slightly larger than NC. I was always under the impression that the PS was a skinnier jean than the NC for some reason, but I guess not. Not sure what fit you're specifically after, but the NC is pretty skinny, especially if sized down.

Ok, so I have been through pretty much every single post in this thread, at least twice, and I've gathered a lot. However, every time this one question is asked, NO ONE answers. It's pretty unnerving, so here I go (I even made an account just to ask this):

Petit Standards are slimmer than New Standards but NOT as slim as New Cures, correct?

I've come to this conclusion based on general fit pics and some of Tyang's posts. So if I'm a 32 waist and want a slim fit a 30 in PS should be perfect, and a 30 in NC will be a bit slimmer? Thank you!

EDIT: I've looked around the thread some more and some other websites and everything seems to confirm this, so please disregard the original question. So is there any reason why context clothing lists the PS as slimmer than the NC? I'm almost positive now that they aren't: http://www.oipolloi.com/store/APC-NewCureIndigo-2759.html

I've been debating whether or not to snag a pair of petite standards myself, and have been confused about sizing as well in comparison to the new cures. But according to Context Clothing's measurements on the APC New Cure and Petite Standards, here's what I came up with after analyzing for what I would personally need for a literal ~30" waist (not aiming for a skintight fit, saving an inch for stretching):

newcure.jpg

petitestandard.jpg

Now based on the same literal measurement on a tagged size 27 (literal size 29"), the knees are the same - 7.25". However the difference in thigh-to-knee in NC is 3.25" while the thigh-to-knee in PS is 3". With that said, the NC has a quarter inch more in the thigh.

Going to the knee-to-leg opening specs, the difference in NC is .5", while the knee-to-leg opening difference for the PS is .75". With that said, the PS has an ever so slightly bigger opening - having not as much a taper in comparison to the NC.

So here's more of an extreme exaggerated example (with a ghetto illustration):

NEW CURE

NCSIL.jpg

PETITE STANDARD

PSSIL.jpg

Putting the rise aside, the NC has slightly more room in the thigh, but with more of a taper. The PS is "straighter" more or less, all the way through, but may not have so much a taper as the NC.

But overall, it depends on the wearer, where the jeans like to be sit - because of the differences of the rise, one may have to size up or down on either, but from there, the specs will change :P

I will just venture to say (to myself and others with never-ending sizing questions), read through the forum(s) on all the information on sizing, make an educated guess, and just buy a pair of jeans and try it on for yourself. You'll never know until you actually do it. Consider any shipping prices/money lost from re-selling it part of the investment of the jeans if you can't try it on locally.

That's all.

With that said, the PS has an ever so slightly bigger opening - having not as much a taper in comparison to the NC.

Think you mean ever so slightly smaller leg opening, and more taper, as the measurements you posted show. In any case, all of this should be taken with a grain of salt, as the measurements are approximate, and the way they scale for each size is pretty inconsistent.

Having tried on the NC in a 26 and owning a PS in a 26, I can safely say the NC are a fair bit slimmer. The PS were snug and hard to button at first but I could barely get the NC past my knees. The calves are way, way tighter I found and the thighs seemed to be as well. But that being said, a 27 was actually too big. So just try a pair on if you can.

Very informative, thank you asher_roslynn. And lintmuro, that first-hand experience is really valuable. Unfortunately I can't try them on anytime soon. San Francisco is about an hour and a half away, and my car doesn't exist yet.

I know some people have said NC is slimmer than PS, but according to Context, PS is slimmer. Just going by the numbers.

This is what confused me in the first place. All testimonies seem to be that the PS is not as slim as the NC (like lintmuro's), and most other online retailers excluding contextclothing have measured their PCs to be around 1cm-ish bigger in most areas than the NC, like that oipolli or whatever site I posted before. I appreciate all the effort you put into making a diagram, though, and it is very informative. However, I think I'm going to try the PS out. If worse comes to worse I can trade them for NC or exchange them.

my true waist is about a 31.5 so my tag size should be about a 30 and i should of sized down 2 for my NS?!. i got a size 29 NS. so is it going to end up a baggyish fit? cause right now its only tight around my thighs and crouch area. putting on is a bit of a hassle but the buttoning up part isnt so bad. help guys? comments or suggestions?

i think theres confusion because the PS and NC are somewhat the same in terms of how slim they are. im not completely sure about this one, but it may seem as if the NC feels more slim because of the higher rise. due to the higher rise, it will sit higher on the waist and your thigh will be matched up higher compared to if you were wearing a low-rise jean(if that makes any sense).

i think theres confusion because the PS and NC are somewhat the same in terms of how slim they are. im not completely sure about this one, but it may seem as if the NC feels more slim because of the higher rise. due to the higher rise, it will sit higher on the waist and your thigh will be matched up higher compared to if you were wearing a low-rise jean(if that makes any sense).

sounds right, my friend has both in the same size and swears on how much tighter the nc feels

aight man just wear your new standards wear wear wear war. they'll stretch. I slept in mine a couple times and now theyre awesome. I mean I've got rescues but the denim is the same, it stretches just as much. apcs willlll stretch out considerably if you put the work into them

secondly!

I got some used new standards sz 29 but the waist is now at a 31-32, if anybodys interested PM me and I'll get pics and such asap!

my true waist is about a 31.5 so my tag size should be about a 30 and i should of sized down 2 for my NS?!. i got a size 29 NS. so is it going to end up a baggyish fit? cause right now its only tight around my thighs and crouch area. putting on is a bit of a hassle but the buttoning up part isnt so bad. help guys? comments or suggestions?

You need size 27. maybe 28.

Is the APC NS indigo jean suppose to look like black?????!??!??!?!

I just got my sz 28 and it doesn't really fit so my sz 27 & 28 are up for grab or trade

I can only button up the 4th botton (the last one) how much do I need to size up?

so...28 is too small for me in ass, thigh area but calf, leg opening, and knee are perfect. Should I got with sz 29 NS or sz 30 NC???

keep in mind that the petit standard has a tapered opening, to give it more of an appearance of a straight leg. right above the opening it is wider. i think someone actually needs to measure a pair of these, or photograph two, because i'm pretty sure the new cure is tighter then the petit standard.