Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

Pulled the trigger on some pbj xx007. They seem like some really cool denim and judging from how many people love their 005, I'm really looking forward. I'm a 36 normally and ordered my actual waist. I hope they don't shrink too much cause these jeans seem pretty slim. This will be my first time soaking some raws.

I was at BiG yesterday talking to Gordon about them. He showed me a piece of fabric that they tried to fade an it looked very nice. A little different than the 45rpm fade someone posted in the other thread. I think it's pretty safe to go with your actual size.

He also told me that there is a possibility of xx008 being a 005 cut made with the lighter 006 denim. They would be perfect summer jeans but he's not sure if they will come out before June.

Few new things are dropping in store on Saturday and Monday including Samurai and SDA shirts so check it out.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at BiG yesterday talking to Gordon about them. He showed me a piece of fabric that they tried to fade an it looked very nice. A little different than the 45rpm fade someone posted in the other thread. I think it's pretty safe to go with your actual size.

He also told me that there is a possibility of xx008 being a 005 cut made with the lighter 006 denim. They would be perfect summer jeans but he's not sure if they will come out before June.

Few new things are dropping in store on Saturday and Monday including Samurai and SDA shirts so check it out.

Thanks PM.Like I said, I can't wait. These are going to be different than any other denim I own. I love my jeans to be dark, so these should fill that role rather nicely.

Shit. I'd buy a 008s if they were lighter denim. The 005s aren't super thick, but with the heat and dripping humidity right now, the jeans are sticking to me.

Shit. I'd buy a 008s if they were lighter denim. The 005s aren't super thick, but with the heat and dripping humidity right now, the jeans are sticking to me.

The 008 would have lighter colored denim, not lighter weight. It would be the same denim as the 006, which is light colored, non-slubby and gives a "vintage" fade.

34. these are a one wash pair that Gordon got for me. the story goes: i went to BiG over spring break and tried on the 34 raws. they were a tad too big, so I ordered a pair of 33s. unfortunately, that shipment was delayed a month, so i emailed Gordon. luckily, he was in japan and was able to snag me a pair of one-wash 34s. What a nice guy!

Fit looks right, 40oz. Get used to threads busting =/. Mine are on hiatus right now until I can get some repairs done. Though I've demolished my pair pretty hard, and I still haven't had a crotch rip, just some frayed/broken threads, so on second thought I guess they're pretty durable.

thanks 40oz! - fit looks spot on. nice stan smiths!

headtowall - i think they are quite durable considering the way you trash them. mountain climbing, etc. haha.

oh my. i am suffering the ever so common PBJ 005 / Eternal 811 dilemma.

i think the slub factor is going to get the better of me.

i cant wait to own a pair of slubby denim!

I too have a pair of 34 waist PB-005's. In the waist they fit great. Will wearing them while doing the soak and then letting them dry on me ala Levis stf yield the results I'm looking for or should I just not wash them and wear until they are softer and drape better?

-Jake

a quick question about the length of the 005s in regard to hemming-

are these at all prone to stacking ala diors? would completely avoiding hemming on these even if one is quite short work out, particularly if the fit was tighter(similar to dior i should say, once again)

or is heavy stacking not really an option?

Alright here they are:

pbj005004hd3.jpg

pbj005002fd0.jpg

pbj005003cj4.jpg

Right now they are at BiG because a couple of the crotch threads burst:(

and yes, i need to start working out more:D

for reference, im 6', 185

siiick

I want a pair

Agggh! This is my second pair of xx-005s and I still can't seem to get the sizing right. Maybe these jeans just aren't designed for tall skinny guys. The waist fits perfectly but I don't know if I can live with the super slim legs. They are one wash so no extra shrinking at least.

What do you guys think?

Photo100.jpg

Photo111.jpg

Photo112.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics/messy room.

Thanks, I am just not sure. A little too 19cm but I am in love with the top and the denim, of course.

These are from japan by way of Taiwan, just got them.

I am comparing to my Sam SV5000vx, both size 30 and it looks like the hem is .5" smaller, knee is 1.25" and thigh is about 1" smaller on the PBJ. According to BIG I would only get about .25" in each measurement if I sized up one so I don't even know if it would be worth it. And the waist is perfect!

Have to seriously think if I can get away with skinny jeans, otherwise these will be up in the Marketplace.

For comparison this is how my sammies fit (sorry about the socks)

Photo61.jpg

Cali - both fits look good, its allways good to have a couple of different fits to match with different fits of shoes and tops.

Shock! Horror! - Your blue tab is on the left pocket!!! Mines on the right! shit, so is the coin pocket and patch, madness..

Thats how they got around the lawsuit, just backwards ;)

I am kinda thinking of selling these and getting a 32, then just slinging them lower on my hips and wearing a belt. I get that the fit is different, but as a skinny f*ck it is not always good to accentuate the slimness.

Yeah I thought about that but the rise is a good bit higher (.75" in the front) and they taper .75" too. Same reason I won't go with the Oni's.

I wonder if i got the legs wet and stretched them width-wise? Anyone ever tried? It would make sense that if you could stretch length to pre-soak you could stretch width.

I'll also agree with everyone and say they look great on you! I actually don't think they look 'too' slim at all, definitely slimmer than the Sammys but they're supposed to be. Also, they will stretch out with wear, I know mine have, and mine were pretty tight when I first got them.

Good way to get an ego boost before I rock the skinnies in public, thanks.

I am actually warming up to them a bit more. If the thighs stretch a bit I might be fine with them. The lower leg could use some stretching too, might have to just pull on them. I do want a low rise/slim fit I just don't want to look too emo.

And like everyone says the denim is amazing. These are the BK (can't tell from the pics) and I really love the slubby blackness, kinda like corduroy.

Maybe I will just keep these and get the Oni's down the line when I want a looser fit.

Thanks for the support!

To refer back to my quoted post at the top of the page:

I was looking at those pictures and realized that i hate the way they are stacking now, so I'm going to cuff them a bit. comments/suggestion?

I also hated the way these stack. I had Gordon hem mine a second time to get them right. I think it's the softness of the denim that makes the stack kind of funny. These are the shortest jeans I've got but now I love them.