Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At present that's a possibility, you sound surprised.

I like the look and feel of a sturdy pair of dark raw denim worn but not washed. :)

I have been wearing my 005's for 6 months with no wash or soak - they are still really ridgid but i am visually in love with the fit - although i can't say they are too comfortable. I was going to do a short soak and wear dry but that seems like so much effort and I'm not ready to lose any length just yet.

My question is however - as i purchased with the plan of never washing- the waist is currently as tight as i can wear (i actually thought it would stretch out a bit more then what it has), will they be wearable after a soak if i wear them whilst still wet? Will then denim stretch more then while it is wet then its pre wash state?

Yeah i don't really care if the legs get tigther... just worried about the waist.

I just realised its going to be hard to soak denim in my new place as I dont have a bath tub.. maybe i can just wear them in the shower? Seems a little odd.

You have nothing to worry about the waist when soaking them, they stretch past their raw size. I bought mine raw in size 31 (sized one down) with the intention that they stretch past their raw size. I could only just buttom them up raw, couldn't button up the top button after soak, and completely comfy after a week.

Here's my measurements, pre soak, post soak, and after a week of wear (the most important one).

RAW:

Waist: 42cm wide = 33"

Inseam: 95cm = 37.4"

Knee: 20cm = 15.7"

Opening: 21cm = 16.5"

Immediately after soak:

Waist: 39.5cm wide = 31.1"

Inseam: 90cm = 35.4"

Knee: 19.5cm = 15.3"

Opening: 20cm = 15.7"

After one week:

Waist: 42.5cm wide = 33.5"

Inseam: Haven't measured, should be same.

Knee: 20cm = 15.7"

Opening: 20.5cm = 16.1"

Yeah, even with the knee stretch there is a tiny flare even after a week but I'm betting that will reduce the more the knee stretches. And don't take the 20cm knee and 20.5 opening as that different, every measurement can be taken half a cm each way. I get slightly different measurements each time depending on how much I squish the denim down.

As far as soaking. I soaked mine inside out in a bucket for an hour and a half and just turned them over / agiteted a few times so no need for bath.

Gimme, To be honest, I didn't even think to measure, but I don't believe it was. Unless they messed up on a few pair and cut them with a little bootcut or something.

SB: I just measured mine, and its closer to 1/2", not 3/4".

Are there any other options besides tailoring?

And a semi-related question: Would it be dumb to hem them like 3" after so many months of wear? I figure this will keep them from totally eating my slimmer shoes, since I don't really trust any of the tailors around here. I would be sending them to BIG for a chainstitch, since no-one around here does it.

Just had my XX-007s hemmed after about 70 days wear. I liked the look before, but they were reaching a level of thrashed that said they were gonna look like shit in a little. The hems are too clean right now (no roping, no wear, no fading yet), but as long as they rope up (I hope), they'll clearly fade as hems do in short order and look good again in another few weeks of wear.

EDIT: But, I have a much more apathetic approach to jeans than most here. I don't bother with soaking, I wash my jeans when they're new, I wash them when they smell bad (whether it's a week or 2 months of wear), and they look how they look in the end.

Just had my XX-007s hemmed after about 70 days wear. I liked the look before, but they were reaching a level of thrashed that said they were gonna look like shit in a little. The hems are too clean right now (no roping, no wear, no fading yet), but as long as they rope up (I hope), they'll clearly fade as hems do in short order and look good again in another few weeks of wear.

EDIT: But, I have a much more apathetic approach to jeans than most here. I don't bother with soaking, I wash my jeans when they're new, I wash them when they smell bad (whether it's a week or 2 months of wear), and they look how they look in the end.

I'm a little on the apathetic side too I guess, I wash pretty often. I think that was one of the big issues for me, the roping and stuff, its kind of an important detail to me, just like train tracks. I guess a too clean hem is better than a torn to shit one. Well, at least to me it is. :P

• 2 weeks later...
I'm planning on ordering a pair of XX-005 from BiG, but I wanted to confirm with you guys: Does BiG offer a one wash service?

Um ... yeah, have you looked at Blue in Green's website? It clearly states that they do. But Gordon won't be back from overseas until the 10th.

okay, i think i'm going to have my peebz tapered

they were given a hot wash and a tumble dry by big

if you were in my boat, before sending them to a tailor would you:

1) give them another hot wash and tumble dry to get even more shrinkage out of the way

2) give them a hot soak, no dryer

3) give them a cold soak

4) don't do anything, have them tapered, and then only wash them cold and delicate and hang dry throughout their lifespan

i'm leaning towards 4, as cold washing and hang drying is my usual m.o. (as long as the pair in question doesn't need to be shrunk at the time of washing)

okay, i think i'm going to have my peebz tapered

they were given a hot wash and a tumble dry by big

if you were in my boat, before sending them to a tailor would you:

1) give them another hot wash and tumble dry to get even more shrinkage out of the way

2) give them a hot soak, no dryer

3) give them a cold soak

4) don't do anything, have them tapered, and then only wash them cold and delicate and hang dry throughout their lifespan

i'm leaning towards 4, as cold washing and hang drying is my usual m.o. (as long as the pair in question doesn't need to be shrunk at the time of washing)

just to be sure.. leave a inch allowance when you have them tapered.. or 2 inches in case you cold wash them and maybe in the future youll give them a hot wash and dryer... its easier to cut than to have a too short of a denim

just to be sure.. leave a inch allowance when you have them tapered.. or 2 inches in case you cold wash them and maybe in the future youll give them a hot wash and dryer... its easier to cut than to have a too short of a denim