Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to buy the XX-005 with the blue backpocket tab somewhere?

Check rakutan. If there are any at all, you would find them there.

Has anyone ever removed a rivet (on the 005)? I want to remove one of the coin pocket rivets cause it keeps digging in to my belt when I sit...Now there's a bunch of marks on it :(

You probably should just try to pry it off. Doesnt exactly seem like there could even be some trick to removing it considering its just two pieces of metal stuck into each other. I bet a tiny flat screwdriver could get in between.

Hi just wondering how slim the thighs really were. I mean I heard that size 28 had 9.5" and that just seems ridiculous to me. I mean on BiG they are listed at 11.25 which is a HUGE step up. Also it says they are STF, so wouldn't the thigh have to be quite big?

So when I get my raw PBJ's, I should hot soak for 45 min, then wear them till they dry?

So when I get my raw PBJ's, I should hot soak for 45 min, then wear them till they dry?

yes. And the thighs are pretty fucking small, but they'll stretch with wear. Mine definitely have stretched a fair amount. The denim is very malleable when wet, so wearing them until they dry is not a bad idea if you can deal with that wet ness

Yo I've got some PBJs at around 4 weeks of wear I'll take some photos and upload later.

I also made a trip last weekend to Ueno and got a pair of s710xx[samurais].

But I'm working on my PBJs first, the wallet fade is really making me happy it's really 3d, I guess it's cuhs my wallet is so fat.

Aside from that I really wish I sized down one more[i got a 31], the thighs are pretty tight, but one size down I think I could deal with, but what bugs me is the waist, lol.

I got a belt from Uniqlo though, I'll take pics and post it up ASAP.

I know what you mean about the waist! I noticed the other day while sitting on my couch without a shirt that the waist is really loose, suspended away from my hips like a hula hoop. I definitely couldn't have sized down though because of the thighs. For a while I even wished I went up a size, but now I'm happy with how they look and feel.

I'm also happy with my wallet fade... But it's kinda fucked up now since I lost my wallet! (which contained $223 which could've gone to a new pair of jeans!) Should I try to get a similar wallet or just use one of my spare wallets, which aren't similar at all?

had these a little over a year now... maybe 8-9 months of actual wear? havent worn them since i blew another hole in the crotch...

the waist stretched to about raw size, the thighs dont fit properly anymore ever since i started biking...

3 hot soaks, 1 wash

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

I dig my wallet fade too, I'll post pics up tomorrow, promise of my wallet fade and the jeans, they are fading pretty good because I've been in Japan for a while now[one month] and I still have a month left, I think the humidity helps a lot.

As for the wallet I think you should just forget about trying to change to another wallet if you already like the fade, maybe put the wallet in the other pocket? I dunno personally if I lost my wallet I would just give up on putting in a wallet in at all since I'm anal about messing up fades.

How are your thigh/whisker fades coming though?

I haven't been using a wallet at all, as you suggested, but I might start using one again and keep it in the other pocket... good idea. Starting another fade from scratch can't hurt.

My whiskers aren't really visible yet, unfortunately. Mine are the blacks, so maybe that's why they're slow. The thighs are showing a bit of fading due to the slubbiness, though.

You should post picks, Panda.

damn, that crotch blow looks nasty. The overall jeans look really nice, though. Were you biking in them or sagging them a lot during those 8-9 months?

the jeans fit just perfect, i cant pedal properly in them... so no biking

i dont think i sag them. @ least not intentionally... the jeans sit right above my hips...

blew the crotch open while i was working @ a Starbucks...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's impossible to ride in these. I feel like my hips will explode. I have had a pair for about two months now. One soak and no wash. I was trying to figure out what is best for washing. I'm really new to this denim thing.

Another thing. I have blown out a few stitches above the back pockets. Is that normal after such a short amount of time?