Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

It's impossible to ride in these. I feel like my hips will explode. I have had a pair for about two months now. One soak and no wash. I was trying to figure out what is best for washing. I'm really new to this denim thing.

Another thing. I have blown out a few stitches above the back pockets. Is that normal after such a short amount of time?

as with most denim questions, "normal" depends on how hard you wear them. there is no normal washing schedule to subscribe to. there is no normal time for stitches to blow.

if you ride/skate/run marathons in your jeans, they will fade/rip/wear faster.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I have a friend who is way more into this than I can imagine and I guess I'll just do what he says, "just wear them, they're jeans." I guess I do where them pretty hard though. I'm 6 foot 5 and 250 lbs. They did break in pretty nicely.

Thanks. I have a friend who is way more into this than I can imagine and I guess I'll just do what he says, "just wear them, they're jeans." I guess I do where them pretty hard though. I'm 6 foot 5 and 250 lbs. They did break in pretty nicely.

hey everyone...

just a matter of time before i receive mine in the mail...

wondering how much steaming hot water soaking should be done in order to get all the shrinkage out of the way...

i've read varying accounts on this thread, so any help wiould be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!

the hotter the water, the more shrinkage you'll get out of the way on the first soak

that said, I've done two cold soaks on mine now, both times I wore them into the tub, during the soak, and during the drying because I could really afford to let the thighs get much tighter than they were

it's nice to get all of the shrink in the inseam out of the way early on, that way if you're getting any stacking fades they don't end up funny

finally, wearing them right out of the tub got a good deal of the fading started, they were extra crispy when the dried, I'd beat em up as much as possible then

• 1 month later...
why are there the same stupid people asking stupid questions in every fucking denim thread

ITS NOT THAT FUCKING HARD TO FIGURE OUT ON YOUR OWN

STOP MARGINALIZING THIS MESSAGE BOARD WITH YOUR TIRESOME BANTER

i agree. everytime i click on a bumped thread i superdenim i regret it nowadays.

• 4 weeks later...

1 newbie question, and gets 3 stupid retard replies. Who's really "marginalizing" and "bantering" the board?

Anyways, I bought 005's from BIG during their 20% off sale. Wasn't planning on buying a pair but couldnt pass up on the deal. If they fit anything like my 007s, they'll be perfect. I got tired of my hip flares from my eternals. Will try to get fit pics up, not like this jean needs any more fit pics.

• 4 weeks later...

hey all. superfuture noob here. i love the forum and can get lost for days in it!

anyway, i'm a new owner of a pair of PBJ xx-005's and so far i'm loving them. i picked them up at BIG over christmas. i was intending to get some samurai's but ended up with the 005's for the fit and the feel of the raw denim. i have worn them every day (21 days and counting) since i walked out of the store and it has been quite fun and interesting to see and feel them change already in this short time.

fit report: i usually wear a 34 in most average brands. levi's, diesel, etc... i have a pair of Iron Hearts in a 33 which fit great and i ended up going with a 33 in the PBJ's. they were SO tight when i tried them on and i could hardly get them buttoned but i knew they would stretch so i dealt with it. i was a little worried about how much they would shrink from the first soak because they are raw and unsanforized.

the pain was pretty intense at first! the denim starts out SO stiff. my leg actually started bleeding from the chaffing on the back of one of my knees! but it felt pretty good knowing that i was going to really earn these jeans.

they started to give in in the waist and thighs after just a couple of days so i gave them a soak on day 5 just to get the length a little shorter and to see how much they would shrink. on new years eve i soaked them from the knees down in scalding hot water for a half hour and then the whole things in cold for another half hour. i put them on wet and did some crazy stretching in a hotel room before i went to bed (i read about another guy doing the same thing on this thread!) and since i was in Colorado at the time, the climate was dry enough to wear them the next day and i've had them on every day since.

they have stretched significantly all over. at least 2 inches in the waist from when they were raw and they are also quite a bit more roomy in the legs, crotch, and seat.

the indigo is really coming alive and blossoming in some areas! the bright blue is showing up in the knees and whiskers. the thighs and ass are getting smoother and are lightening in color. they seem to be changing a bit faster than my Iron Hearts. the honeycombs and leg stacks are pretty well set-in so i imagine those will come in nicely.

i wear them pretty hard at work. i set-up furniture showrooms and am constantly on my hands and knees, crawling under tables and climbing ladders etc.

i'm planning on wearing them for a full month before giving them a wash. and washing them once a month after that. i know a lot of people think this will be too soon but i am basing my decision on a couple of things: a conversation with kiya at self edge one time about washing/not washing. he said that the idea of not washing your jeans for 6 months is a bullshit rumor started by nudie to make up for cheap indigo and poor quality denim. he told me that good japanese denim with good indigo will fade beautifully if worn hard and washed often. also dirt that stays in the fabric can cause premature holes to form. (i am just paraphrasing from a conversation with an expert. i am not an expert!)

the other reason i am choosing to wash them once a month is based on this japanese guy who has expertly documented his process with a pair of Sugar Canes. he washed his pair once a month and wore them daily and the results are fantastic! if not perfect (IMO). check out the pictures here if you haven't already seen themhttp://letgoasyoulike.fc2web.com/sc1947.htm

the one flaw in the PBJ's that i've noticed is that some of the stitching on the edge of my pocket and coin pocket is coming out from where i keep my knife clipped. it's pretty minor but will probably need to be repaired at some point.

anyway, that's my 2 cents on my new 005's. all in all, i'm extremely happy with them. i will post some pics soon to show the progress.

thanks!!!

Yeah i sized up these are actually 38's and i shrunk them to fit.

2 soaks, with a little bit of time in the dryer and i wore them damp; these are the results

Pre Soak / 01.14.08

Waist 37

Front Rise 12

Back Rise 14.5

Upper Thigh 13.5

Knee 9.75

Leg Opening 10

Inseam 37

------------------------

Post Soak 1 / 01.14.08

Waist 36

Front Rise 11