Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any idea on whether I should do a hot soak or a cold soak on these?

pbj005.th.jpg

Just received them from Hide this morning. They don't feel all that tight on the thigh atm, and the waist obviously has a big of room, but I'm not sure if they're going to molest my legs if I do a hot soak. They're a size 33, while my waist is 33.25 in, thighs are just 12 in. Measurements match the ones on Blue in Green (35.5 in. waist, 13 in. thigh).

pbj005.th.jpg

Just received them from Hide this morning. They don't feel all that tight on the thigh atm, and the waist obviously has a big of room, but I'm not sure if they're going to molest my legs if I do a hot soak. They're a size 33, while my waist is 33.25 in, thighs are just 12 in. Measurements match the ones on Blue in Green (35.5 in. waist, 13 in. thigh).

are they raw or one-wash?

i find PBJs to stretch a hell of a lot, so although the thighs might get tight post-wash they should stretch back out no problem.

if you are really concerned about the thighs you might wear them during the soak (cold) and dry.

wearing them during the soak is probably excessive. you'd probably be fine with just putting them on while they are still damp, doing some squats and letting them finish drying on you.

they're raw, and yeah I was thinking of just doing a cold soak- are cold soaks usually the same amount of time as hot soaks? (like 1-2 hours I'm assuming?)

mine were one wash so, i don't have direct experience with raw PBJ. the one thing i can tell you is that you shouldn't worry too much if they are skin tight after the shrinking, cause within a week or two they will stretch back out a LOT.

i still think you'll be fine with a cold soak, hang till damp, wear till dry solution.

i have read before on here that longer than 45 minutes really doesn't change much as far as a soak goes. maybe if you are going for max shrinkage, a longer soak where you add hot water every 30 min or so, but in your case it seems totally pointless to go over an hour.

well the thing is, if you decide not to soak them now and wear them for a long time, when it comes to the point where you want to wash them you're pretty screwed.

if you wash them then they will shrink of course and depending on how much they will shrink all your combs and stacks and whatnot might be misplaced.

and just by looking at your picture i'd do a hot soak, for maybe 30 minutes and leave it at that. they will be tight as fuck of course but they will give way like the others have said. if your too uncomfortable wearing them outside just wear them at home until they stretch out again. shouldn't take more than a week

some quick update pics- I haven't been able to wear them outside of an hour or two the other day, in addition to a few hours while they were relatively close to being dry post soak.

th_back005.jpg

th_front005.jpg

outside of the fact that my nuts are on display, they don't feel bad at all- maybe just a tad longer than I'm used to but I don't know if a hem is in order. I'm assuming the front/back should straighten out after a week or two of wearing them around the house?

thanks guys for all those reps thing :) :)

anyway, do u guys mind if I post another fit pic of my pbj? thought it would be better to post the fit with some clothes on

here they go:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq101/bg12nd/IMG00863-20090718-1504.jpg[/img

I tried to read back but didn't really find anything, probably because I'm skimming.

Mind me asking how you sized on these? +rep for you.

pbj005.th.jpg

don't worry mate, if u just do the initial hot soak, it will just shrink a little, not really significant, I did hot soak mine, and the most significant difference is in the inseam, the shrink around 1,5 inch... so no worries...

• 1 month later...

I hate to ask this especially if theres 100 pages, but I didnt feel like looking through all of the for these quick questions:

Say I want my 005's to fit a bit looser, what would be better to get if im a true size 30 waist, a one wash true to size or a Raw sized down one? And the one wash basically just pre-soaked version right? What would be better to get?

is the one-wash measurement what i should expect after a soak of a raw pair of 005s?

here's some info from when i washed mine and the BiG one-wash measurements to compare. sorry for the abbreviations, i'm pasting these from notes i took on my phone. if they're not obvious just let me know.

pbj pre-wash (tagged 34)

w 36.5

fr 11

br 14.75

is 37.5

pbj post-wash (tagged 34)

w 34

fr 10

br 13.25

is 35.5

---

BiG table for one wash tagged 34:

w 35

fr 10.5

br 13.75

is 35.5

---

please note that i did a hot wash in the machine to get maximum shrinkage (lost no noticeable color). i would expect slightly less shrinkage from just a soak.

hope this helps, feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

• 4 weeks later...