Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

I'm seriously thinking of doing this. Something about the bottom leg just bugs me.

honestly, thats the reason that i ended up selling mine ultimately. i could have sized down one more and dealt with it, but with the 32s, i seriously just hated the way they sat on my shoes. i might get the 007's if they are like the 005's and taper them.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I am going to buy me a first pair of PBJ xx-005....So I wear Slim Jim 27 which is kinda tight. My waist measurement is 31.5 inches.The widest part of my thigh is about 20.5 inch.....So should I get W32 raw or W30 one-wash on xx-005 ? please help me out guys... thx a TON!!! :)

Hey man, for reference i wear a slim jim 28 and i just got a XX-005 also in 28.

When i got my jims they were uncomfortably tight for about 2 weeks of wear as are my XX-005 now but they are still unwashed - deciding if I should do a soak or not. I am on my second day of wear and still keep my top button undone, I am able to do it up but it is uncomfortable/painful.

I can post pics if you like - and also of the jims if you want comparison - i think the fit it visually quite similar on me.

for the 1-wash xx-005, I went with a 30 (my true waist size) and I'm a 29 in the dry slim jims i tried on. I also tried the 29 xx-005 but they were leggings on me and I couldn't get the buttons done. I don't like my jeans ball hugging tight and these 30s are pretty close.

for the 1-wash xx-005, I went with a 30 (my true waist size) and I'm a 29 in the dry slim jims i tried on. I also tried the 29 xx-005 but they were leggings on me and I couldn't get the buttons done. I don't like my jeans ball hugging tight and these 30s are pretty close.

The one time I tried on SJ dry's, 29 was a good fit for me, too (although I have no idea how they'd fit after stretching out), and if I get the xx-005's, I wouldn't want a nut-hugger fit either (I'm kind of getting over having to constantly rearrange my balls in my sized-down Iron Army's).... so what I'm saying is: pics?

Whew! Just read through all 30 pages and still don't feel comfortable in pulling the trigger on pre-ordering the XX-007s (same cut as XX-005). Can someone help with sizing please?

Here's what I can tell you guys:

My waist 2" down from my belly button is 30"

Here are pics of my Somet 008 Slims that have a 8.25" front rise so they sit hella low. They have a 11.5" upper thigh. These are measured at 32" in the waist and are around 1.5" to 2" too big since I can fit 2 fingers (stacked).

CIMG3295.jpg

SometFront.jpg

SometBack.jpg

SometRight.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a 29W in the XX-007. Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tehlol

i juuuust ordered the xx007s from BiG, literally like 5 minutes ago. i'm heeeellllla excited to get these, i'm a size 29 and went with size 28, planning on a good ol' hot soak when i get them. i'm gonna die of anxiety since i think they only ship on the 12th of april=(((

edit: shoooot it says april 2ND not 12th. sweeeet!

Have you soaked them yet (assuming they're the raw ones from BiG)? If not, definitely do so to shrink up the inseam a bit as they're too long right now. If they're already shrunk i'd consider getting them hemmed ever so slightly. BiG does chainstich hemming, dont' they? Same with Self Edge? Other places i'm sure, but those are the big names that everyone in the forum knows about. I think too many people are wearing their jeans with a +4"inseam and hurting the fit of their jeans. I like a little bit of stacking, but usually only 2-3 extra inches. It's hard to tell from the barefoot pic though.

Naero - Those look pretty good man! Much better than the fit of your Svens. And I definitely agree with what chrono said, do a soak (hot to maximize shrinkage) if they haven't been soaked yet and get them hemmed a little (maybe 1 or 2 inches). I would check out HTC in L.A. for the hem, or if you want to stay local, then check out Dr. Blue Jeans in Van Nuys / Sherman Oaks (HTC does a better job, though).

haha...thanks for the comments guys. the sven's were definitely a bit too big, even for my taste, so i'm currently trying to sell them.

i got the 005s from the supermarket and they were purchased from BiG as a onewash, so all the shrinking should be taken care of....

i was definitely planning on getting them hemmed, but my gf was trying to convince me earlier that it looked good stacked even though i thought it was too much -- so thanks for the input. i'm just waiting on a pair of 3001s to come in that might need to get hemmed too. at good hustle's prior suggestion i'm gonna take a trip to HTC for some chainstitchin as soon as they get here to take care of two birds with one stone...

If I want to end up with about a 31inch waist after shrinkage and strecthing, what size should I shoot for?

and for those of you who went with the slimmer, more flattering fit on these, what is the measurement of the waist in relation to your true waist size after all shrink and stretch?

Also, is stacking very viable on these? could anyone give a recommendation of how much difference between true inseam and jean inseam to have for a decent amount?

thanks

i've worn my pbjs for a lil over a month now...attempting to stretch it out before i soak it cuz it was pretty fitted when i first got it. thankfully, its stretched a bunch in the waist where i can now afford to lose an inch or so...

i wanna soak it and then, depending on how much shrinkage i get in the inseam, send it back to BiG for a chainstich. what you guys rec for the soak? cold soak, hour? i dont want crazy shrinkage. and does the color change at all after the initial soak?

qwerty: i went with my actual waist size and i can tell that they are gonna stretch to atleast a 31 even though i'm wearing a belt. if you want a slimmer fit you might try to size down 1, go with a 30, and get the onewash service or soak them yourself. i'm sure some stacking is okay and works for some people, but i'm 5'7" and definitely need atleast an inch or two hemmed.

bsyde: you got them raw? a one hour cold soak (no detergent) sounds good. if you've only been wearing them for a month i doubt you'll get much, if any, indigo loss or color change with just a soak this early on.

i've worn my pbjs for a lil over a month now...attempting to stretch it out before i soak it cuz it was pretty fitted when i first got it. thankfully, its stretched a bunch in the waist where i can now afford to lose an inch or so...

i wanna soak it and then, depending on how much shrinkage i get in the inseam, send it back to BiG for a chainstich. what you guys rec for the soak? cold soak, hour? i dont want crazy shrinkage. and does the color change at all after the initial soak?

glad to hear they worked out B

you'll be good with a 60-90 minute room temperature/lukewarm soak, you wont get any crazy shrinkage unless you use hot water. the waist might shrink back to the original size but after the soak the jeans will stretch back a lot easier where ever needed. the color wont change much, just dont agitate them when they're soaking.

Pulled the trigger on some pbj xx007. They seem like some really cool denim and judging from how many people love their 005, I'm really looking forward. I'm a 36 normally and ordered my actual waist. I hope they don't shrink too much cause these jeans seem pretty slim. This will be my first time soaking some raws.

Pulled the trigger on some pbj xx007. They seem like some really cool denim and judging from how many people love their 005, I'm really looking forward. I'm a 36 normally and ordered my actual waist. I hope they don't shrink too much cause these jeans seem pretty slim. This will be my first time soaking some raws.

same goes for me too, hope it doesnt shrink like fuk, maybe ill just soak it while wearing it so it doesnt shrink more than my waist size

On my 2nd day with the xx-005s and I love them to death. The slubs are deadly; I keep thinking the backs of my knees are gonna have all kinds of cuts at the end of the day, and putting my hands in my pockets is an experience, but I wouldn't trade them for anything (yet). Just for anyone who might need it:

-ordered a 34 waist, wear them slightly above hips

-hips are 88cm which is slightly bigger than 34 inches

-jeans were about 36in pre-soak, shrank down to slightly below 34

- felt not too tight but tight enough after soak

-stretched to be really comfortable on second day

for further reference, I'm about 5'10, 180 pounds, with bigger than average thighs and calves (weightlifting and running)