Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my pair of unwashed xx-005's yesterday. (I wear a 33 in nudie RR's, 32 in Calis, 31 in APC rescue) and got my PBJ's in 32. (Im 5" 11" and 177 pounds. Strong but not big thighs. With a sizeable beer gut.) After a warm soak they were a little bit small..but after only like one hour they turned into the best fitting damn pair of jeans ever. Got quite a few compliments last night and I never get compliments on my raw denim unless Im on superfuture...ever. Im at work and would do anything to be able to wear them right now. damn. Holy crap they have a low rise. But they work on the ass...Im telling you man.

that's pretty amazing... i wore my white sneakers for 1 night and I already saw blue stains on them. Have you posted any after wash pics?

Well, in initial wears I would get some blue on my shoes. Saw only the tiniest bit of blueness near the drain when i emptied the tub.

No pictures yet. Will put some up when I get access to a camera.

Does anyone know if the thighs for the 005's are as slim or slimmer than slim jims?

I don't think they are any slimmer. I had SJDG in 33 and the thighs were pretty snug and my 34 PBJ's after hot soak and hot dryer are a good bit loose than the Jim's so I can't imagine the PBJ's are any slimmer.

I don't think they are any slimmer. I had SJDG in 33 and the thighs were pretty snug and my 34 PBJ's after hot soak and hot dryer are a good bit loose than the Jim's so I can't imagine the PBJ's are any slimmer.

Thanks, this helps alot in which size i will get.

On a side note, i tried on a pair of slim jims size 30 today and they were tight as fuck haha. Its good to know the PBJ's won't be as tight in the thighs.

Just got my pair of unwashed xx-005's yesterday. (I wear a 33 in nudie RR's, 32 in Calis, 31 in APC rescue) and got my PBJ's in 32. (Im 5" 11" and 177 pounds. Strong but not big thighs. With a sizeable beer gut.) After a warm soak they were a little bit small..but after only like one hour they turned into the best fitting damn pair of jeans ever. Got quite a few compliments last night and I never get compliments on my raw denim unless Im on superfuture...ever. Im at work and would do anything to be able to wear them right now. damn. Holy crap they have a low rise. But they work on the ass...Im telling you man.

How'd you go about the drying process? DId you wear them or hang 'em?

anybody getting wear and tear on there leather patch im like 5 months in and it looks a mess I dont think i did anything to it

not that i mind just wondering if anybody else is having the same results

Six months in, mine's a little darker, but that's about it. The pocket tab, on the other hand, is pretty much shredded. If I keep this up, I won't have to care about the Levi's thing since I won't have a tab anyway.

i know i just hate sitting on my phone....i need to figure something out. It kills me

I always keep my phone in my jacket pocket or if I'm not wearing a jacket, I'll keep the phone in my back pocket while walking and take it out if I need to sit. I hate cell phone fades so I've been going to great lengths to avoid getting that kinda fading. Also, chicken posted some pictures of his leather phone holder in the 'evo of leather goods' thread, you should check that out...maybe one of those holders might work for you if you hate keeping your phone in a jacket pocket.

I always keep my phone in my jacket pocket or if I'm not wearing a jacket, I'll keep the phone in my back pocket while walking and take it out if I need to sit. I hate cell phone fades so I've been going to great lengths to avoid getting that kinda fading.

I do the exact same. Keys too, if I don't feel like sitting on them

i'm a total noob at japanese denim...so and im wondering how the pbj xx005's fit...ive read thru much of this forum but am still unsure and im itchin to pull the trigger on a pair soon from BiG

ive read some measurements....knee/leg opening...which leads me to believe they're slim but not tight...but some ppl here make em seem real tight

can anyone compare the fit to the following jeans:

earnest sewn fultons

acne mic

nudies bootcut ola

im about 5'8, 150..wear size 31 in the sewns, acne, 30 in nudies...relatively skinny legs

thx