Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

you get the slight bootcut look because there is more slack around the ankle than around the knee and thighs, thus the denim takes a different shape that is less of a circle shape, seen from above. the jeans will look different from different angles because of this, from some they will look like bootcut, from another angle they can look like they taper.

not a very good explanation, and certainly not optimal wording but I can't find the right words :eek:

anyway, this is a big part of the reason why I like a tapered fit.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TIP- I think miz was saying how the combs "pinch" the sillouette in and because the hem just flops about or flattens itself on ones shoes the slight bootcut effect is created and this is more apparent on slimmer cuts. Its ironic that to achieve the look of a straight leg you actually need a tapered leg cut.

my sc40500 look slimmer than my s5000bk even though the latter is actually a slimmer cut, the sammies tend to flatten themselves against my shins and what with the stack of fabric this can look less than slim, however my canes legs follow the profile of my foot creating a slimmer sillouette when stood square in front of a mirror.

I remember, albeit vaguely, synthi mentioned to me about how union special chainstitch would use a non shiny unsanforised thread that would get tighter when washed, I guess this might have a ever so slight effect on the hem, however im unsure about this so dont take it too seriously, just a half educated guess at what miz was saying.

on the BiG website, they say a size 28 PBJ measures 30.5 inches in the waist, so if my natural waist is size 29, and i like a size 30 jeans (wear 30 in nudies) would a 28 be right in these? cause from what i've read it sounds like i should get my true size, which is a 30...so confusing :/

on the BiG website, they say a size 28 PBJ measures 30.5 inches in the waist, so if my natural waist is size 29, and i like a size 30 jeans (wear 30 in nudies) would a 28 be right in these? cause from what i've read it sounds like i should get my true size, which is a 30...so confusing :/

If i remember correctly, the sizes on BiG are pre-wash. They will shrink to tag size eg 28 will shrink to 28.

hrm, do most people soak these jeans when they get them? would you recommend soaking? i like to avoid it to get the best fades etc...

False. Soak them, because eventually you ARE going to wash them and it would suck to have all the wear shift and look crooked when you're wearing them. Absolutely soak them in hot water. It won't adversely affect future fading.

phew. just went through all 26 pages. there was one mention of pbj waist fit vs dior 19cm but no answer. i guess this one is for you kixself.

how is the fit of the 005 vs the diors? I wear 27 in diors as they stretched out to about a 30inch waist now. which fits fine. does that mean i should get 30 in the 005s? or is that too drastic?

i was thinking 28s until i realized they would be 14 across which is a tad bit tight. should i go with 29s then?

thanks.

i just got my pair of 31's in the mail today from a fellow supertalker and i chilled with them in the tub in hot/warm water and it shrank quite a bit, the fellow supertalker really stretched them out. my question is should i just wear them as they are "fitted, ok at the waist, perfect everywhere else" or should i resoak them in hot water for alonger time to shrink them like crazy then wear them for months on end