Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to point me in the right direction if there's a thread/post I've missed but can anyone compare the fit (thigh, knee, hem, rise, general look) of a pair of PBJ-005 and Jomons. My pair of Jomon is a size 29 and I just want to know how PBJ would fit me and if they're a good addition..

im dying to order a pair of these,and even though i've read this thread several times,im not sure what size to get.I wear 32 in my LVC xx501 and i like the room in the leg,but wish they were just slightly larger to wear them lower on my hips.my RRDS are 31 and are atleast 1 size too big.and my Bootcut olas that i gave to my roomate,are a 33 and are slightly too large in the waist.COuld anyone tell me how much theyre PBJs stretched after the initial soak?

After soak, I had a hard time buttoning mine up. I wore them until dry, going for a walk outside. They stretched comfortably during that walk and have stretched just a tad more since then.

I would order your regular size which sounds like 32. Due to the cut, these will naturally sit lower on your hips then your 501s.

so i just recieved my pbj's in the mail from BIG.first off,i have to thank gordon for all of his help and putting up with all my of inquisitions!..i decided to go with the size 33 because of my lack of patience to wait for 32s to arrive and everyone elses advice to size up.honestly,i just tried them on and the leg actually seems wide to me,compared to my size 32 1947 lvc 501xx.same waist though,i cant wait to soak them,i bet theyll be on point.ill take pics later on.....

• 2 weeks later...

so i just took my pbj blacks to the tailor and I am pretty nervous. This is my first experience with unsanforized jeans and I dont like doing a soak for some reason. So, I told her to leave an extra 4 inches on and I figure I can cuff them.

Do you guys think this is the right move?

no.

you would want to get the shrinkage out of the way first, especially when you don't have the experience yet. (guess work is a little sketchy. avoid it if you can.) then, you'd want to get your pbj's chainstitched using union special, so that you get the nice rippling effect at the hem as they fade.

Well, you probably should've soaked them before getting them hemmed, but that's water under the bridge now. You're gonna have to wash them eventually (or you'll get caught in the rain, etc) so you should just soak them now. Who would want a pair of jeans that they could never wash for fear that their honeycombs and whiskers would move out of place?

• 5 weeks later...
i emailed Bears and they replied

"HELLO,THIS IS BEARS'.

SORRY,TRANSPORT IS BEARS'.

SEE YOU NEXT.

SHIMOKITAZAWA BEARS'."

what does that mean?

da Bears! they are obviously chicago bears fans. might be an automatic email saying they are closed. possibly.

so i just took my pbj blacks to the tailor and I am pretty nervous. This is my first experience with unsanforized jeans and I dont like doing a soak for some reason. So, I told her to leave an extra 4 inches on and I figure I can cuff them.

Do you guys think this is the right move?

your are screwed! j/k. if you ever do wash them you can pull at the hem while they are damp to get some length. for the future, always do the soak first. when i bought mine at BIG i made sure i soaked first, then sent the pair back to BIG for hemming. worth the shipping.

hey viv1984viv do u live in japan? i just realized that bears doesnt ship internationally. And buying through a service will cost too much. I looked at the option for buying japanese denim thread and registered an account with super rag but they dont seem to stock PBJs. Anyone know a japanese website that will ship internationally?

this has been discussed and argued many times, but i'll give you my opinion. if you want a lot of shrinkage, do a hot soak. medium shrinkage, do a warm soak. slight shrinkage, do a cold soak. also, the length of time you let them soak will effect shrinkage. look in tweedle's denim encyclopedia for soaking tips and methods. i personally do the samurai technique which has worked pretty well for me...

then again, i know many people who don't soak and have excellent results. but i digress.

I just got a pair fresh from BiG and I'm debating whether I should do Hot or Cold soak...so which one should I do and for how long? thanks.:)

I sized up one on these cause I wanted them a little looser cause I'm going to beat the shit out of these jeans doing all my bike maintenance and the like. I soaked them HOT and dried them hot and they will shrink a good bit. So if you don't want too much shrinkage stay away from the hot water.

I sized up one on these cause I wanted them a little looser cause I'm going to beat the shit out of these jeans doing all my bike maintenance and the like. I soaked them HOT and dried them hot and they will shrink a good bit. So if you don't want too much shrinkage stay away from the hot water.

I just want to get rid of the shrinkage before wearing in my honeycombs etc.

I only need a little shrinkage, so I think I will do cold soak. thanks for all the help felllow SF'ers. :)

I just want to get rid of the shrinkage before wearing in my honeycombs etc.

I only need a little shrinkage, so I think I will do cold soak. thanks for all the help felllow SF'ers. :)

Hmm, I would still recommend a hot soak.

At some point down the road, you'll probably end up washing them in hot water. I think the most sensible thing is to get all of the possible shrinking out of the way in the beginning. If you're afraid they'll shrink too much, wear them during.

Unless you're really never going to put them in hot water, in which case cold it up.

How long do you think I should hot soak them (while wearing them) ?

And what about drying?

An hour I would think would be enough.

As for drying, the optimum thing to do would be to wear them until drying, but that's time consuming. I've seen pictures of people keeping the waist opening propped open with a hanger or something to prevent further shrinking.

An hour I would think would be enough.

As for drying, the optimum thing to do would be to wear them until drying, but that's time consuming. I've seen pictures of people keeping the waist opening propped open with a hanger or something to prevent further shrinking.

Thx headtowall for your advice on hot-soaking. I ended up sitting in my tub for an hour with my PBJ's on! I was amazed at how little indigo bled through the entire process. I am so glad I bought these. :eek: :)