Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, definitely. i just read the kanji like i would read chinese, haha.

on a related note, anyone know if their offices are in tokyo or osaka? coldrice?

PBJ is in Tokyo; a couple weeks ago I had a girl trying to hunt some XX005's down in Osaka without having to go too far out of her way, so she called the main Syouaiya shop in Tokyo. They didn't even know who was selling their stuff out in Osaka nor did they have any numbers, etc.

I got my 005's a short while ago. the only problem i find with them is that the kak bulge is quite noticable. like if i stand with my feet anywhere together, it looks like a v shaped "pouch" where my junk is. They arent skin tight mind you, but they are quite fitting. Although not enough to "hug" my stuff. it seems to be the fabric in that area that just protrudes. of coarse they are going to stretch a bit, i know. I did cold soak them for about 45 mins and wore them a bit while wet. Didnt seem to make much difference in the crotch. Has anyone else found this to be an issue? i probably just need to wear them so theyll ease up but im worried is all. and its a little uncomfortable. i dont need to advertise my meat products. you know?

hahaha, i know what you mean, i think its because of how tight in the upper thigh the bulg appears, i find its more noticable when they are worn properly, and the bulg decreases when they hang off my hips with the belt loosened, this too inches drop makes a big difference on me because like that the thighs have much more room, dropping them down like that loosens the them off......

so I guess if its really really buggin you, you could stretch the waist out and wear em lower, it doesnt bother me tho, cmon, you bought the tightest cut!

I am going to be in osaka in january and was hoping to get a pair of pbj 005. I emailed PBJ and they told me that they do not have any stocklist in the kansai region! They could send me one from tokyo if I want. I have problem understanding their distribution syatem. I would have thought shop like hinoya could carry them in different parts of the country.

Please advise if anyone know where I can get pbj in kyoto or osaka. tks

I am going to be in osaka in january and was hoping to get a pair of pbj 005. I emailed PBJ and they told me that they do not have any stocklist in the kansai region! They could send me one from tokyo if I want. I have problem understanding their distribution syatem. I would have thought shop like hinoya could carry them in different parts of the country.

Please advise if anyone know where I can get pbj in kyoto or osaka. tks

i'm going to be in Akasaka in about 2 weeks, so anywhere around there would be greatly appreciated as well!

(I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere, but I searched and couldn't find what I wanted).

i'm going to be in Akasaka in about 2 weeks, so anywhere around there would be greatly appreciated as well!

(I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere, but I searched and couldn't find what I wanted).

You sure mate? Kansais like the 2nd biggest economical area in Japan and its got Kobe and Osaka in it.... My mates heading back to Kobe this Sunday and he's gonna cop me a pair, says there shouldnt be any problem finding them....

Oh he says some shops in Osaka carry PBJ, so you really shouldnt have any trouble sourcing them.

You sure mate? Kansais like the 2nd biggest economical area in Japan and its got Kobe and Osaka in it.... My mates heading back to Kobe this Sunday and he's gonna cop me a pair, says there shouldnt be any problem finding them....

Oh, what I meant was that I searched this message board for a name of a shop in Japan I could find them at and didn't see what I was looking for (Bears maybe?). If it's at all possible, would you mind asking your friend and posting up some of the specifc stores/locations he got them at? I'm not at all familiar with the shops there because this will be my first time visiting, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm actually going to be in the Tokyo area, in the area by the Akasaka Mitsuke train station. I believe Osaka is actually a bit of a trainride away.

OK- some of you may know my PBJ saga, some may not. The short version is I bought a pair of 28w xx-005s off an SFr and they were waaay to tight. Could not get them on. So I sat on em and finally came across another SFr that had a pair of 30s that were too big for him and was looking to trade. The deal was done (thanks again, winq) and after getting the 30s it became apparent that 29s were probably the ideal size for me. The 30s were just slightly to big, but still totally wearable. It was how they were going to fit after stretch that worried me. These jeans had been through a short cold soak already, so I decided to do a hot soak and see what happened. Well, my strategy worked out perfectly.

Here are the pre and post soak measurements:

Presoak:

Waist buttoned- 15.5"

Hip seam to seam with bottom of tape at bottom of J stitch- 20.5"

Thigh - 11.25

Knee - 8"

Hem - 8"

Rise - 8" to bottom of J stitch & 9.5 to crotch seam

Inseam - 34"

Postsoak:

Waist - 14.5"

Hip - 19.5

Thigh - 11

Knee - 7.75

Hem - 7.75

Rise - 8 & 9.5

Inseam - 33.25

So- 2 inches in the waist and hips, not quite an inch length, and the legs got just a bit slimmer. SLA-BAM! Now they are perfect.

Thought this info might be of interest to my fellow xx-005 bretheren.

If you've got a a pair that need adjustment, never fear.

I won't bother to post a pic of them standing up on their own- you've seen my Sorahikos glaring at Huber.

there isn't a distributor of pbj in kansai (osaka/kyoto/kobe). you'll have to order them from bears. you could order from pbj direct but you'll be charged shipping, bears will ship to you for free. pbj is in harajuku, tokyo. bears is the only distributor of pbj - there's one more but they hardly ever have stock and are also in tokyo - but the name escapes me.

there isn't a distributor of pbj in kansai (osaka/kyoto/kobe). you'll have to order them from bears. you could order from pbj direct but you'll be charged shipping, bears will ship to you for free. pbj is in harajuku, tokyo. bears is the only distributor of pbj - there's one more but they hardly ever have stock and are also in tokyo - but the name escapes me.

awesome, thanks coldrice. I saw the picture you took of the PBJ storefront, but would you happen to have any type of directions to get there? The place looks like a tiny little shop in the corner somewhere :confused:

Waiting on a digital camera, but there are some pictures on the Steez:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.php?p=324756&postcount=1060

The second set of pics is closer to true color, but they don't really capture the depth of the color.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

those could be the nicest jeans i have ever layed eyes on...i hope mine come out exactly like that

jesus christ am i juiced now...LA Guy you just made my day and this is in a day that has included getting a 30 year old chicks number and shooting a portfolio picture...so plese, feel honored

id just like to reiterate...i am in love with your jeans

im seriously like foaming at the mouth right now

are you serious? i don't mean to rain on the parade here but that fade is nothing too spectacular. its really fucking good, but foaming at the mouth? have you seen tony hige's 45rpms? those are to foam at. these in maybe 1 more year will be that good if all goes well,