Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's everyone's experience with the length?

I'm 5'8" and don't wanna cuff at all...gonna stack these. I know that they're gonna be hella long, even after the hot soak. I've ordered a pair from BiG and asked them to be taken up to 34.25"

I'm leavin room for about 3 inches of shrinkage max...is this gonna be ok?

I have a pair of barely worn 31s that I'm planning to sell but have been lazy. I need to get some pics and measurements posted, but PM me if interested. Other issue is that I can't receive payments via Paypal b/c they f'd me over a couple years ago. So I don't have an account with them anymore. I guess I could do google checkout, but most people don't have an account there..

Anyway, whoever wants the 31s, PM me and I'll keep you posted when I get a supermkt posting ready.

on the BiG website, they say a size 28 PBJ measures 30.5 inches in the waist, so if my natural waist is size 29, and i like a size 30 jeans (wear 30 in nudies) would a 28 be right in these? cause from what i've read it sounds like i should get my true size, which is a 30...so confusing :/

Yeah get a 30. Im a loose 33 in Nudie RR. got a 32 in xx-005's and theyre just slightly too tight after shrinkage, but theyre still pretty new.

2nd that one.

Sooooo what you're saying is...PBJ is true to size following a soak?

I wanna get this straight, I just ordered a size 31.

I am a 31 in my Slim Jim's, which I love the fit of (pretty tight), and I've heard that I should order the same as my Slim Jim's. The catch is I am a 30 in Reg Ralf fitting snug.

When choosing the waist size you need to remember it has a lower rise which means you may have to size up one or two. You also need to take into account the measurements in the thighs as they are slim cut. Rather than comparing sizes with brands such as Nudies it might be better to measure various parts of your body and then choosing the appropriate pair.

When choosing the waist size you need to remember it has a lower rise which means you may have to size up one or two. You also need to take into account the measurements in the thighs as they are slim cut. Rather than comparing sizes with brands such as Nudies it might be better to measure various parts of your body and then choosing the appropriate pair.

This is true...I just have a hard time going simply by measurements. I like hearing peoples personal experiences, it somehow eases my mind.

This is true...I just have a hard time going simply by measurements. I like hearing peoples personal experiences' date=' it somehow eases my mind.[/quote']

I know, but be careful as their experiences can be misleading because the fit is dependent on one's body shape. :)

The PBJ XX-005 is a great pair of jeans and I've noticed people taking a closer look at them when I'm travelling around London.

:)

hey guys i've been lurking/reading like crazy for about a week and this is my first post.

i'm looking into buying my first pair of high-quality denim and i've decided on the PBJ xx-006 (almost went with the 005 -- might still go that direction, but i want a wider fit since my legs are skinny). i've read all of the posts concerning these jeans and denim sizing, but just wanted to get some advice directly from the people who have more experience (you guys...haha) before i make such a large purchase for the first time.

anyways, i'm 5'7" and around 120lbs. my legs are pretty razor thin chicken-legs so i want a little baggier fit... my actual waist size (i think i measured it correctly, right above my hips, the smallest point around my stomach) is 27" but my hips (where I usually like to wear my jeans) is 30". for random jeans i buy at the mall and wear i usually get size 30/30, wear them at my hips with a belt, they end up being a little loose and a smidge long (but I plan on stacking/cuffing these so I can figure out how much to hem them later)...right now I'm concerned about the waist measurements.

anyways, i'm trying to determine which size to go with -- 28, 29, 30?

thanks....

hey guys i've been lurking/reading like crazy for about a week and this is my first post.

i'm looking into buying my first pair of high-quality denim and i've decided on the PBJ xx-006 (almost went with the 005 -- might still go that direction, but i want a wider fit since my legs are skinny). i've read all of the posts concerning these jeans and denim sizing, but just wanted to get some advice directly from the people who have more experience (you guys...haha) before i make such a large purchase for the first time.

anyways, i'm 5'7" and around 120lbs. my legs are pretty razor thin chicken-legs so i want a little baggier fit... my actual waist size (i think i measured it correctly, right above my hips, the smallest point around my stomach) is 27" but my hips (where I usually like to wear my jeans) is 30". for random jeans i buy at the mall and wear i usually get size 30/30, wear them at my hips with a belt, they end up being a little loose and a smidge long (but I plan on stacking/cuffing these so I can figure out how much to hem them later)...right now I'm concerned about the waist measurements.

anyways, i'm trying to determine which size to go with -- 28, 29, 30?

thanks....

seeing as we're the same height, but i'm 20lbs heavier, i'd probably shoot for the 005's insted of the 006's. Simply say that the 006 is based on the 003 cut which is a bit more generous. No means baggy, but not slim, and since you only weigh 120 lbs, the 005's would probably be a better fit.

Anyone else's back pockets starting to go? The stitching at the bottom inside corners of mine have been for a while, and last night I spent an abnormal amount of time sliding on ice and am going to have to repair them. Also, my Japan tab is shredded beyond recognition and two of my hidden rivets are no longer hidden.

I'm 5'8" and don't wanna cuff at all...gonna stack these. I know that they're gonna be hella long' date=' even after the hot soak. I've ordered a pair from BiG and asked them to be taken up to 34.25"

I'm leavin room for about 3 inches of shrinkage max...is this gonna be ok?[/quote']

My xx-005 measures 33.5" in the inseam and the look fine with stacking.

I'm 5'8" and don't wanna cuff at all...gonna stack these. I know that they're gonna be hella long' date=' even after the hot soak. I've ordered a pair from BiG and asked them to be taken up to 34.25"

I'm leavin room for about 3 inches of shrinkage max...is this gonna be ok?[/quote']

you might want to do BIGs one wash service. that'll take all the guess work out of the way.

seeing as we're the same height, but i'm 20lbs heavier, i'd probably shoot for the 005's insted of the 006's. Simply say that the 006 is based on the 003 cut which is a bit more generous. No means baggy, but not slim, and since you only weigh 120 lbs, the 005's would probably be a better fit.

thanks for the suggestion. i'm leaning this way now... but i'm curious what your waist/hip measurements are and what you wear in the 005?

cheers.

thanks for the suggestion. i'm leaning this way now... but i'm curious what your waist/hip measurements are and what you wear in the 005?

cheers.

I'm the same height as you and about 15 lbs heavier, and I got a size 30 in the 005s. 1.5" below my belly button, which is approximately where the jeans sit, I'm about 30-31.5" (depending on how much I've eaten :D ). The 005s fit slim but not 'painted on' slim, so they will definitely suit your slim build.

Naero - I would go with a 30 because the 005s are quite slim in the thigh area. A 29 would make the jeans sort of look painted on in the thigh area. Even if you have some room in the waist with a size 30, you can easily wear a belt to prevent massive stretching. I think getting the right fit in the thighs is more important here.

By the way, where are you planning on getting these jeans? If you're getting them from BiG, then ask for the one wash service (OXS) and see what a size 30 is like after they've been completely shrunk. As long as you don't alter the jeans or get them hemmed, you can easily return/exchange if the 30 doesn't work for you.