Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

Just got my PBJ xx-005 (size 31) in the mail today from BiG!

The denim is incredible!

Pre-soak, the waist is perfect, which worries me...cuz I want them to shrink up a bit everywhere else (thigh, etc).

I'm just hot-soaking them now, and I ended up prying a wooden hanger into the waist (done up of course) to try and keep the initial waist size.

These are missing the blue pocket tab as per the Levi's lawsuit...which kinda sucks, but not a big deal.

I'll post some pics once the soak is done!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if that works i might go with the 29. i think the 30 waist would be better but i want the slightly slimmer legs of the 29

I purchased the 1 wash from Bears so most the sizing was out of the way, so if it's any indication of how much they will shrink after your first wash (assuming you get the no wash from big), if you are a 28 in the NS, I would definitely NOT go with the 29's. I am a 27 in the NS and I went with my true waist size of 30 for the PBJs for a perfect fit around the waist. The 29's I tried on were waaay small.

I'm torn between getting a 30 and 31 waist in 005. I'm between a 30 and 31 with thighs which measure 22" at the widest part. My weight is 145lbs. Will they still be slim if i opt for the 31 waist ? By the way my lvc 1947 measures exactly 31" and fits me perfectly about 1 1/2 inches below my belly button

I'm torn between getting a 30 and 31 waist in 005. I'm between a 30 and 31 with thighs which measure 22" at the widest part. My weight is 145lbs. Will they still be slim if i opt for the 31 waist ? By the way my lvc 1947 measures exactly 31" and fits me perfectly about 1 1/2 inches below my belly button

i tried on the pbj 005 in black and i fit a 32. might have been able to do a 31. i wear a 30 in sammies, 31 in diors. i also weigh 145lbs and im 67 inches tall. the area where it felt the tightest was the thighs. u might want the 31 unless you want them real tight.

I'm 10 lbs heavier and a true 30.5 waist. I wear a sz 30 in the blacks, had a 31 in the blue and could have comfortably worn a 30, probably could have squeezed into a 29. Unless you have monster thighs, go for the 30, after soak they will soften and stretch a bit.

Just wondering how the PBJs fit you guys in the crotch after 2 weeks of wear? I've been wearing my 31s(i'm about a 31.5 true waist so i sorta sized down a half) for almost a week and they're a bit constricting in the crotch. I love the way they look, and i think it's just the fact that i'm not used to low rise jeans. It's more that they feel a bit constricting while walking around in them/sitting. Just curious and how yours fit in the beginningand a few weeks later. I love the look of the jean and was trying to figure out what to do. The thing is that i'm not sure if it's just the rise, and i need to get a different jean, if they'll stretch(if i soak them again and then wear them wet), or if 32s would do beter.

Yea, i've been wearing them low. Maybe i'll try some better supporting underwear. As gay as it sounds, it probably should help the ball area, but it kinda hits the upper thigh/crotch area while walking. Maybe a soak and walk around till dry to maximum stretch them? Don't care a ton about sick fades, just losing a lot of indigo.

Just wondering how the PBJs fit you guys in the crotch after 2 weeks of wear? I've been wearing my 31s(i'm about a 31.5 true waist so i sorta sized down a half) for almost a week and they're a bit constricting in the crotch. I love the way they look, and i think it's just the fact that i'm not used to low rise jeans. It's more that they feel a bit constricting while walking around in them/sitting. Just curious and how yours fit in the beginningand a few weeks later. I love the look of the jean and was trying to figure out what to do. The thing is that i'm not sure if it's just the rise, and i need to get a different jean, if they'll stretch(if i soak them again and then wear them wet), or if 32s would do beter.

They will stretch quite a bit, ive been wearing my 31 for a while now, and they are sitting pretty low, whereas before they had to be worn high - because of the tight waist. Also the thighs stretch, at first they looked painted on but now ive got creases along the thighs and much more room. I did think at first I could have gotten a bigger size but after a month of wear im glad I didnt. Mine were tighter than tions by far by the way.

Hay guys -

Not exactly a xx-005 related post but I just stumble upon the offical (i think) PBJ website

AND they got an online shop too

www.purebluejapan.jp

hope i'm not super-late on this..

ps. thx tion4-> I accidently left off the URL while editing the message.

Anyone found out if they ship internationally? If so, would definitely be the least expensive route to go, I would think...

• 3 weeks later...