1st World Problems

OkayOkay

progression of a summer day:

a new $50 tennis string broke after an hour of play, so I took out my other racket and that snapped an hour and a half later...don't have any left to play with

tried to set up an ikea desk without power tools. fuck that noise

all you can eat sushi = i ate wayyyy too much.

who ever the fuck came up with low flow toilets can smd

You must be talking about your american netflix account since you called it netflix streaming. In Canada Netflix only has streaming, no dvds.

And it doesn't surprise me that it wouldn't work in Canada. I was in Vegas last year and my canadian netflix account wouldn't work in the states either.

Kind of ridiculous that it only works within the boarder boundaries of that country. This is a very #firstworldproblem, well done.

If youre in Vegas and wasting time watching netflix, you got bigger problems to address. For realsiez.

so I'm chatting it up with my Mom this morning, and she tells me she has to take a kid's cup and plate set back to Walmart because the pack didn't have the 6 straws that were apparently included. The set was like $4, and Walmart is a 20+ minute drive away (and straws are like .59c for 100) but she's gonna do it because "not everyone has all this extra money to waste" and because of the "principle". I tell her she's being ridiculous, and that she wastes money on trivial nonsense routinely, like eating artichokes 6 nights a week out of season when they're like $4 each. She looks at me and says "well then I'm not even going to tell you about the .92c jicama I returned to Walmart yesterday because it was softer than I liked (halfway eaten btw).

First, tell me you're not buying your produce at Walmart (my parents are upper middle class, not rich, but highly comfortable).

Second, you're returning a half eaten .92c jicama to Walmart.

Facepalm.

gf wants me to trade in my car for a range

FUCK NO. PM me and I'll list off all the repairs I've had to make and the prices of each on mine. Just getting out of the shop AGAIN today, $900 for an intake. On the heels (3 weeks ago) of a radiator repair ($1800). This list is endless.

FUCK NO. PM me and I'll list off all the repairs I've had to make and the prices of each on mine. Just getting out of the shop AGAIN today, $900 for an intake. On the heels (3 weeks ago) of a radiator repair ($1800). This list is endless.

please list here..that is 1st world problem.

ignition switch was $700, had to be ordered from the UK.

had to buy new tires 2 weeks ago, have to do all 4 at the same time. Only tires avail of any decent quality were $1400 for the set.

air suspension control box failed, would have been $1600 but the shop said it would most likely fail again so I just ripped it out and put leaf springs in instead, still $600.

bought a new battery a few weeks ago, Interstate is the only brand available. Should have been like $60, was $130. Alternator is averaging .2 below desired levels, not a huge deal, but it will need to be replaced pretty soon I'm guessing...constant small electrical problems, fuses blow, lights short out, dash lights flicker, etc...

and on the horizon is the best...I'm getting a small oil leak and I'm almost positive it's gonna be a head gasket. Had it quoted at $2400.

It's a '99 with 94k on it, I only owe 5k, but the price of the repairs and the frequency is complete insanity. Toss in 9mpg (which I knew going in, I don't honestly drive that far or that often), and I'm hoping it'll get stolen and torched in the very near future.

got home last night with an almost dead phone

REALIZED MY CHARGER WAS AT WORK - AND I DONT HAVE A KEY TO GET IN AFTER HOURS...

so now my phone is dead. weaahhh

I arrived early for my flight at MTL airport yesterday and not only was their wifi service really slow, but Netflix streaming doesn't work in Canada. Fucking bullshit.

you don't know how to set up a proxy connection? :rolleyes:

#firstworldtechproblems

on topic – spending hours looking at camera lenses to buy. i'm not a professional photographer but I want their glass anywho

I finally applied for Nexus and had interview / got accepted real quick. Should have gotten my card 2 weeks ago, but since Canada post is on strike, i have yet to receive it and on the way back from a business trip yesterday, my flight was super delayed and landed at like 1am and there was only 2 custom officers working and had to wait like normal folks 45 min while all my coworker breezed through in 2 sec... i was home at 2 am and had a call this morning at 7. i'm not happy