Buzz Rickson

partytaco

ah, a kindred spirit tmadd :) thanks. i find that a lot of the offerings, especially from brands like 45rpm, are one offs never to be seen again. so if i like it, i buy multiples. and i like the br chambray very much! thanks again everyone for the rep and kind words.

• 2 weeks later...

just picked up a M-43 jacket from History Preservation on sale for $245, what an amazing piece. Love the material and details on it. Fit is a little different, it's pretty large at the bottom even though it fits nice and trim through the shoulders and chest. Really like it though and had great service from History Preservation helping me decide which size was going to be the right choice.

Before this I had only had a BR sweatshirt in the past and never could get comfortable with the fit. After experiencing this jacket I now want to try more of their stuff. And after seeing pictures of how that chambray shirts wears in over time I'm thinking it may have to be that....what an amazing looking shirt.

I snagged 3 old style sweats last month. I tried the new fit and I didn't like it much. Also, the fit isn't the only difference, either. They're slightly lighter and the collar triangle is narrow.

Looks good on ya', beautiful_freak. How tall are you?

Edited by Goominim

just picked up a M-43 jacket from History Preservation on sale for $245, what an amazing piece. Love the material and details on it. Fit is a little different, it's pretty large at the bottom even though it fits nice and trim through the shoulders and chest. Really like it though and had great service from History Preservation helping me decide which size was going to be the right choice.

Before this I had only had a BR sweatshirt in the past and never could get comfortable with the fit. After experiencing this jacket I now want to try more of their stuff. And after seeing pictures of how that chambray shirts wears in over time I'm thinking it may have to be that....what an amazing looking shirt.

What size did you get and do you find it heavy to wear?

What size did you get and do you find it heavy to wear?

I got a 40. It's a little heavier than I expected which I like as it just feels incredibly sturdy. Fit is unique, it fits well in the chest and shoulders but it gets pretty big at the bottom. That is just the cut of this style of jacket though, but it takes some getting used to. For reference I wear a large in Gitman and EG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having a WG MA-1 (BR11734) in Slender Long and an M65 (BR11702) proxied from Rakuten.

Anybody have any experience/information with the sizing of the slender long version? I remember the Selfedge size chart was pretty good, but I can't find it anywhere (tried Wayback machine).

I based my sizing on the model pictures on Rakuten and went with a 38L instead of my usual 36 (for suits and pretty much everything). For reference, I'm 5'11" 152lbs, 35-36" chest. Afraid I might have made the wrong choice.

Note: the package hasn't left the proxy yet and though the 7 days period mentioned in the site exchange conditions, I might still be able to have it exchanged for a 36L.

Any input welcome.

Edited by jeanunit

• 1 month later...

BR doesn't make loopwheeled tees other than the heavy pocketed ones they did three seasons ago.

Wearing them or what? They're a bit wrinkled at the moment but I can snap some pics later--i'd love to see the fit on your BR chinos. I had a pair in a size 32 once, which almost fit perfectly but where so close to being too tight that I knew I couldn't keep them if I planned on ever washing them. What worries me is that my thighs are bigger than they were then, so perhaps a 34 will be necessary...