Pure Blue Japan

midnight

What size are they compared to your normal size? I sized up on my Samurai 710's for the slouchy, anti-fit silhouette, but it isn't working with those PBJ's. I dont think the cut of them suits loose wear to be honest, shame as they are really nice jeans.

Nah those look fine dvskei. You'll probably be happier with them in the long run if they are a little baggier now.

unless farmer wants to throw up pics again...

still damp from a soak last night, but colors are pretty true.

IMG_2681veee.jpg

IMG_2685vveee.jpg

come along way from here :)

IMG_2453vvdssw.jpg

What size are they compared to your normal size? I sized up on my Samurai 710's for the slouchy, anti-fit silhouette, but it isn't working with those PBJ's. I dont think the cut of them suits loose wear to be honest, shame as they are really nice jeans.

yeah, pretty irritated atm lol. im wearing s5000vx in 33 and they are ok-sized to a little slim. idk i heard size up if you have any muscle in thighs. and yeah they are perfcet in the thigh, just seat is lookin a bit baggy and knee down is loose.

Nah those look fine dvskei. You'll probably be happier with them in the long run if they are a little baggier now.

how do you mean farmer? think i got all the shrinkage out already with 2 scalding hot soaks + 1 tumble dry :confused:

either way, the leg opening will drag all over the pavement so that needs to be brought in, i was planning to go to tailors tmr to get the sams hemmed and these fitted to my legs a bit better, have them back after weekend

^I too gave mine preliminary hot soaks/machine drying and they continued to shrink after the first couple of machine washes.

Edit: yeah you might want to taper/hem. I had mine taken in slightly to make it so the hem around .25" smaller then the knee. length was not altered.

hey madder_lake, a fit pic of ur xx011s would be great! together with a closeup of the "herringbone appearance" would be awesome too! haha

Sorry to be late with this --- took me a while to get a picture. Here is the fit pic. Edit: these are the XX011's after about 10 wears. Warning these jeans stretch out a bit.

L1010759_sm.jpg

And here is what I meant by that Herringbone appearance. It's a visual illusion of course, but you can see the dark and light bands spaced about a cm apart. This gives the quick look of a Herringbone pattern because you see the twill only in the light bands: the mind, or at least my mind, then seems to think of the dark bands as having twill in the other direction.

Herringbone_3sm.jpg

thanks Madder for the post. I think i'll have to see it for myself to trick my mind into seeing the herringbone appearance. haha.

anyways... how slubby are they?? can u visually see strands of hair on the surface of the denim?? sorry i cant tell from your macro pic..

thanks Madder for the post. I think i'll have to see it for myself to trick my mind into seeing the herringbone appearance. haha.

anyways... how slubby are they?? can u visually see strands of hair on the surface of the denim?? sorry i cant tell from your macro pic..

Yes I have to admit that herringbone thing is pretty hard to see on the pic. Ahh well. :)

As to slubbiness. If you look down the pants you can see a little hairiness, not too much, and the jeans don't seem to be losing any cotton. Mild, as said.

Yes I have to admit that herringbone thing is pretty hard to see on the pic. Ahh well. :)

As to slubbiness. If you look down the pants you can see a little hairiness, not too much, and the jeans don't seem to be losing any cotton. Mild, as said.

coolll... how are they fading?? have they turned comfy yet? and how much have they stretched out?

coolll... how are they fading?? have they turned comfy yet? and how much have they stretched out?

With less than a dozen wears I can see the beginnings of atari, so I think they should fade pretty well, and farmer's pair is encouraging, if very very blue! :)

I've bought 2 pairs of PBJ005's in the last week (1 indigo and 1 black), and have gone from being strictly a Samurai guy to a definite PBJ convert. The fit of the 005's is absolutely perfect for me.