Pure Blue Japan

midnight

soak them and wear them damp.

no washing machine, until they get really dirty;

Not to confuse the kid any more, but I always thought wearing while damp was a no-no?

All the pics of the 007's look super sick. I'm starting to reconsider whether I should wait for the tapered version.

Not to confuse the kid any more, but I always thought wearing while damp was a no-no?

All the pics of the 007's look super sick. I'm starting to reconsider whether I should wait for the tapered version.

Is it not good to wear it damp ? i am planning on doing that soon for a pair of mine. need to shrink the length only, so thinking about doing hot soak and wear it damp to prevent shrink on anywhere other then length

Is it not good to wear it damp ? i am planning on doing that soon for a pair of mine. need to shrink the length only, so thinking about doing hot soak and wear it damp to prevent shrink on anywhere other then length

I read a post from Kiya a while back that you should always wait until the jeans are completely dry and then wear.

did you see if the 012's came in the shipment?

nope, not until near the end of the year is the current word. i was also told that they may end up being done with a much heavier weight denim than the 007 but with the same deep indigo treatment, as in 20+ oz. not sure how i would feel about that.

i had been waiting to check out the XX-012 myself but i think the 27's should be plenty skinny on me once i soak them. i've been gravitating away from super small leg openings lately anyway, mostly because i'm bored with stacking.

edit: also worth mentioning, the slim cuts are running a little smaller in the thigh and larger in the waist this time around. i had heard that last month when i was considering ordering some 27's from pronto in thailand, and this was confirmed by an e-mail from gordon as well as my experience trying them on. no idea about differences in the fuller or tapered cuts though.

how do you guys think abt NC models anyway? since they don't fade much, even at all, are they actually good for most occasions?

i would never buy the indigo ones, but i think the black are awesome. indigo gets better with age, but nothing beats a pair of jet black jeans that will stay jet black forever.

Finally got a chance to give those 007's a soak. Did a hot wash and machine dry to get all of the shrinkage out of the way but they still need a hem. Thought they would be a lot more painful initially but the waist isn't even that snug and I had no trouble with any of the buttons. Here's a quick and dirty fit pick, size 27 and definitely slimmer (read better) fitting that my 28 FH BSP:

DSCF4597.jpg

DSCF4595.jpg

Picked the 007 up today. Tagged 31 raw. This is the post hotsoak picture. Will post again after soak.

67270_449781051309_542106309_5293995_7186932_n.jpg

so that's a pre-soak pic?? your verbage is confusing me...

and you're gonna get those hemmed right? cuz they look to be about 15 inches too long for you.

Just tried them again after the soak, everything shrunk to my desired fitting but the only problem is the waist. seemed like it hardly shrunk at all leaving way too much allowance to my liking. Should I swap for a size down? (was tagged 31 on mine)

you could try hot soaking the waist again to see if that works. there is some shrinkage there for sure. I haven't ever heard of a pair not losing an inch or 2 in the waist with a hot soak...

gotta love how many people recently got 007s after -Z- and riff started posting their fits

i think i'll wash mine today and post some fit pics sometime during the week, been pretty busy with life and i've never posted pics at the 1 year mark

also people need to chill out about the raw jeans, putting your jeans in boiling hot water won't make much more of a difference than just a regular hot soak. apart from the damage to the leather patch

also people need to chill out about the raw jeans, putting your jeans in boiling hot water won't make much more of a difference than just a regular hot soak. apart from the damage to the leather patch

Quoted for truth. People seem to think that shrinking increases exponentially with water temp (but in reality it is a logarithmic relationship :nerd laugh: ). Besides what differences does it really make it it did shrink down another inch? They'll still stretch back out to pre-soak, if not larger, anyway.