Pure Blue Japan

midnight

it depends on how you size on them. I had my 007 for about 5 years now, no repairs, no rips. They are pretty baggy on me however

No rips or repair after 5 years? That's crazy, I get rips on my denim within 7-10 months all the time. My thighs are fat though so hopefully 24 oz is enough buffer to delay a rip.

i have fat thighs as well and my jeans used to always rip..... until i started washing them more often.

Now they rarely rip, and when they do its small and always happens after at least a year.

washing/soaking really strengthens the denim and can help avoid rips (and it wont mess up your fades, just use cold water with minimum agitation if you really want to hold on to the indigo)

i have fat thighs as well and my jeans used to always rip..... until i started washing them more often.

Now they rarely rip, and when they do its small and always happens after at least a year.

washing/soaking really strengthens the denim and can help avoid rips (and it wont mess up your fades, just use cold water with minimum agitation if you really want to hold on to the indigo)

Thanks for the advice, I'm always hesitant to wash my denim early since it tends mess up my combs hehe, I'll try this on my next pair and see how it turns out.

heavy denim puts more stress on the seams so you might encounter rips in the crotch area even earlier. the denim itself won't fray out that fast though. Some guys have problems with early holes as the thighs rub against each other, others don't have that problem (all a question of your build)

+rep nice fit hoy. first time i've seen a kinda slouchy fit and they look surprisingly slim despite the straight leg. nicely done sir.

would love to update on mine but just dont have any decent pics... almost 3 months of daily wear and they're fading crazy fast. hopefully have something to show soon.

Which has a more contrast in fade? Xx-011 or xx-013? I'm in a dilemma in which to buy. I'm pretty sure the measurements are almost identical, right? My waist is like 30.5-31 but I can fit into a 30. Should I go for a size 29 raw in either? I dont want the leg opening to be any bigger than 7in.

Which has a more contrast in fade? Xx-011 or xx-013? I'm in a dilemma in which to buy. I'm pretty sure the measurements are almost identical, right? My waist is like 30.5-31 but I can fit into a 30. Should I go for a size 29 raw in either? I dont want the leg opening to be any bigger than 7in.

If you dont want the leg open to be any bigger than 7 for either of them you cant go bigger than a size 28

If you dont want the leg open to be any bigger than 7 for either of them you cant go bigger than a size 28

But according to BiG measurements, it should stay at 7in though for 29. How much bigger would the leg opening get with a 29?

Edited by MrUnicorn

I'd say go with the 29. Unless your inseam measurement is 36 inches or you stack like a mad man, the measurements on BIG aren't going to be exactly what you get, not to mention variation in sizing from pair to pair. Also, look at things like the thigh and knee measurements, which are arguably more important than the leg opening when it comes to sizing.

Give me a few hours and I'll get the measurements from my size 29 11s, unless someone beats me to it.

Sorry, super delinquent on this. Here are my jeans, size 29 xx-011 raw. These measurements come right after a hot wash and machine dry, so they're as small as they get. The denim does stretch out considerably where it's needed.

img1963fb.jpg

img1961zd.jpg

img1962cq.jpg

img1960l.jpg

Edited by kenzie

Arg. I keep getting mixed answers. Reading through some posts and people are saying go 1 size up, hot soak the jeans on you in a tub and it'll shrink down to your body. So, do I go 29 or 30?

you need take heed of the thigh and knee measurements and waist more than the hem. I am like you and always want a 7 inch hem but if the thigh and waist don't fit then you got to find another jean. I learnt that the hard way!

I don't like how my legs look in straight cut though that's the thing. Like I've had nudie thin finns for so long that I'm used to that kind of skinniness. Anything remotely baggy makes me feel weird. I've started to do cardio in my weight lifting so hopefully my legs will balance out...

So, I'm thinking I should go for a size 30 raw now for the xx-011 or xx-013, lol.

Edited by MrUnicorn