Pure Blue Japan

midnight

the closest cut they have to a "skinny" cut would be the xx-011 or the xx-013 I think. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

right.

I didn't get a date on the 012's. I'd expect them in a few months... the pattern and denim already exists its just a matter of making them.

Got my xx-011s yesterday, I had bought some 29s from the last run which were too small, and even these 30s are nearly skin tight pre-soak. I swear these are getting small, because I've been a pretty constant weight this whole time. I also was under the impression the second batch was going to match the xx-013 cut, so the thighs would be a tad bigger anyways. Oh well, back they go in exchange for some 31s.

Well, sizing is always tricky for me. I'm pretty tall (6'3") and so with med/low rise jeans, they sit right at the top of my ass, and not so much around my waist. I'm a 30 in the waist, but a 32 where my jeans sit. When looking at those numbers, it'd seem clear that a 29 would be too small, but I can fit into the 30 xx-07s, 29 in KMW rockers, but apparently need a 31 on the xx-011s. To be honest, the presoak 30s of the xx-011 fits similar to my stretch out 29 skull 5010xxs. God sizing is a hassle sometimes.

well if your waist is a 32 where you would wear them, what made you decide then to size down 3???

Multiple reasons. I've heard of comparisons of sizing between jeans, and was under the impression the consensus was XX-07/XX-05 fit similar in the thighs and and looser in the waist than Skull 5010xx. I can fit into a 29 in those, and also wear a 29 in KMW rockers, as I mentioned, as well as basically every other raw jean I've worn. With that in mind, I thought a 29 would work out all right. Obviously I was wrong, as the XX-011s run smaller generally than the XX-07 or XX-05. People will say the top block of the XX-011 is the same as the XX-05, but having both models in the same size in my room right now, I can tell you this isnt really true. I asked Gordon about it, and he said the starch press process on the XX-011 is making them shrink more so than other denims. Furthermore, he said the variance in measurements of the XX-011s is a bit greater than other PBJ models.

Anyways, I was basing the sizing off the overall fit of the jeans, not just the waist, if I were to base it solely off the waist measurements, my fits would be loose even very tapered jeans. Its the curse of being tall I guess, the waist is just always a bit tight.

...You guys just need to be patient and chill out...as long as it's not KILLING you the fit will stretch...my xx-011s left imprints on my waist the first 4 times I wore them but now they are loose enough that my waist even has some room to breathe. Just hang in there and stop freaking out...

Ha, I'm not freaking out by any means, my fit was just a bit tight for how I'd have wanted it to fit after the soak. I know PBJs stretch back out to about their presoak fit, no? Either way, I'd prefer my nuts to be alive, and my legs to get their proper circulation. If the 31s end up being a bit loose after stretching out fully, I guess I'll just give them pretty regular hot soaks.

hey guys

posting up my 013's, they've been worn for about 2 months and have had the initial soak

4431460222_e775d59647.jpg

4431460044_1681ae76c2.jpg

4431460818_d6efb98841.jpg

4430691441_71f3e5a003.jpg

hi. please how you sized on them? and what size it is? thanks.

and what are you think guys? is this good pair of jeans for me if im skinny and i want slim fit? my thight is 20 and waists are 30-31. what size/cut is best for me?

Just got a pair of xx-005. First day wearing them. I ended up sizing down 1 to a 29 but boy are they tight in the thighs right now. I could also barely get them buttoned but I'm sure they will stretch out.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5568/frontto.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2836/siderl.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/957/backbj.jpg

You might want to size up. My one wash still shrank a smidge and it doesn't look like you could give up any room at all.

I think they look fine as well, they'll stretch in the right places. Sufu has changed it's fit standards a lot, 2 years ago that was pretty much the ideal fit people were looking for. The "classic americana" look is the new goth ninja for sure...

and what are you think guys? is this good pair of jeans for me if im skinny and i want slim fit? my thight is 20 and waists are 30-31. what size/cut is best for me?

i went with size 30 which is tts for me, if you want slim pbjs these jeans will be near what you want or 005's or 011's

Anyone have any suggestions for a quality belt for these jeans for less than $200 (that's the budget my wife has given me for a new belt)?

sorry, i just thought this was hilarious.

if it wasnt for your wife you would spend more than $200 on a belt??? haha wtf

011's are back in stock. I've been [ ] close to kopping a pair. Just not sure how the grey weft will fade. I'd imagine they'd turn out less contrasty than a white weft?

Panda, have you been wearing yours a lot? Any comments on the fading yet? How's the texture, any vertical falling?

These would be good for you, especially if you're skinny but with 20" thighs. I have 19" thighs, and these are pretty slim on me. The tagged 30 shrinks to 31. As a slim cut, you might not want to go tighter.

[shameless plug] - I've got some 013 fs - see sig.

011's are back in stock. I've been [ ] close to kopping a pair. Just not sure how the grey weft will fade. I'd imagine they'd turn out less contrasty than a white weft?

Panda, have you been wearing yours a lot? Any comments on the fading yet? How's the texture, any vertical falling?

I think you should get a pair, I love them. The fit is pretty much identical to the 19cm. I've been wearing mine since the end of the db contest, so it's been about a month, maybe a week or two more. The fade is coming in a bit now, and it looks to be a bit grey? But the blue is still really bright, so it'll probably be the same contrast, just more grey than white.

I'll post update pictures at the end of my school quarter(Early June), but till then I'm pretty busy...sorry...