Pure Blue Japan

midnight

almost grabbed a pair of xx-005 from BiG, but I'm thinking of picking up a pair in Japan when I'm there over the winter, their website says they're 19,950 Yen, anybody know if you can pick them up for cheaper anywhere in Tokyo??? if they're 218 bucks over in Japan i might as well pay 225 at BiG.

cheers.

almost grabbed a pair of xx-005 from BiG, but I'm thinking of picking up a pair in Japan when I'm there over the winter, their website says they're 19,950 Yen, anybody know if you can pick them up for cheaper anywhere in Tokyo??? if they're 218 bucks over in Japan i might as well pay 225 at BiG.

cheers.

you should get them at BiG.

i got them in japan, but couldn't get them hemmed before i had to leave and gordon was nice enough to hem them for me for $30 (this goes against the stated policy that they won't hem jeans purchased elsewhere *if* they are available in the store.) the hemming would have been free if i had bought them at BiG.

i didn't save any money and didn't have a better selection in tokyo. i hadn't been on this forum yet, but if i had i would have gotten something not easily available here such as samurais or sugar canes with tab/arcs, or maybe some edwins or something. learn from my error.

also FYI i went to hinoya and they were essentially the same price as in the pure blue store, so i wouldn't count on getting them for less than the price you saw listed.

thanks ming...now i'll be able to wander through japan IN my 005's searching for something i can't snatch stateside.

cheers.

here's an update from big

Yes, we will be getting in the XX-011 so I can let you know when those arrive.

Shortly after that we'll also be debuting the XX-013 store collaboration

model which the XX-011 cut is based on. It's essentially the XX-005 with a

more tapered leg. The XX-011 is using a left hand twill denim with a grey

weft while the XX-013 will use the same indigo denim used for the XX-005.

Same cuts just different denims.