Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

3 weeks of studying non-stop in my room, 68hrs of lecture recordings, 400ish pages of hand written notes, numerous panic attacks and (almost) 1 broken wrist later i'm done for the semester. i still have no idea what day or month it is - i just want to sleep for a year.

Edited by conqueror

wifi at 10,000 feet is weird but awesome

yes, it's good, possibly the only good thing about flying the USA right now.

pros:

-it helps you while away the time like a normal contemporary human being

-it's not particularly fast internet, but it's not slow either, and they have it capped so assholes don't try to use netflix or youtube on it.

pro tip: bring multiple wifi devices so that you can get free 15 minute sessions per device before having to pay for it. I had like 2 iPhones and a computer on me and ended up just using the wifi for free for a 2 hr flight recently, since you can't use wifi for the 30 minutes after takeoff and before landing.

cons:

- only works in the US on short flights, and they don't offer it on international flights where one would really like to have it

- it's the biggest ripoff in the world when you pay for it, it's like $4.95 if you just want to browse on your mobile, $1.95/15 minutes for a regular computer, and they have a 1-year unlimited pass for $399.95 (lol)

had a lot of people lately coming to me with their shit / drama, but they all have this same perspective that somehow they can change or control how the opposing side / person acts towards them...and they fail to realize that all they can control is themselves. Like, c'mon man, you can't change if a girl is crazy (lol) or if your boss is an asshole or if cops are harassing you or whatever. What you can do tho is make yourself a better, more desirable person / candidate (or less of a fucking target if it's a police thing), and chances are...there will be less drama / bullshit in your life. I learned a bit back that it's fucking useless to spend my time worrying about the other side of an equation and how I could MAKE them change to fit me, and all that really mattered was that I could adjust myself and change the situation that way.

Edited by OkayOkay

holy shit my glasses are the fucking shit i dunno what they made of but i stomped that shit and now they good as new. just plug and play with the lenses//frames i guess... was sos sad at first but then i was like... hey not so bad. okay okay then

okay okay holla

was supposed to go to the states on the 3rd, stay there for a month and then go to mexico for a month and a half.

haven't visited my friends in the u.s. for a year and a half, my family in mexico for a year.

due to some stuff that came up i couldn't go. im going next summer, so, 3 years for the u.s. 1 and a half for mexico.

i packed all my stuff last week, the 3rd i woke up, took my carry-on and went to the airport, i went like 3 hours early, so i checked in and got some grub. I got some bz's digits cause it turned out she was from a place close to my hometown. Then i finished a book i was reading and watched the plane leave. got some coffee, bought a book at the airport and took the train back to paris.

Edited by ifeelasleep