Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

Seeing gimme gimme posting again reminds me how recently it was that the word "faggot" was bandied about on this board with wanton abandon. He posted a plea in the rules section suggesting that the word should really never be used, and it slowly got the point where calling someone that was worthy of an immediate ban.

The speedy abolition of the word in real life has kinda mirrored this. I'm pretty blown away by the fact that people by and large (in the cities I spend time, anyway) have come to regard the word as tantamount to dropping an n-bomb. I obviously can't speak for rural Canada or the Southern US, but it's always surprising (and really, good) how hard I'm ripped on when I regress to my high school days and let an f-bomb slip.

Note: this does not extend to the obnoxious drunken yelling of rap lyrics in my apartment.

Seeing gimme gimme posting again reminds me how recently it was that the word "faggot" was bandied about on this board with wanton abandon. He posted a plea in the rules section suggesting that the word should really never be used, and it slowly got the point where calling someone that was worthy of an immediate ban.

The speedy abolition of the word in real life has kinda mirrored this. I'm pretty blown away by the fact that people by and large (in the cities I spend time, anyway) have come to regard the word as tantamount to dropping an n-bomb. I obviously can't speak for rural Canada or the Southern US, but it's always surprising (and really, good) how hard I'm ripped on when I regress to my high school days and let an f-bomb slip.

Note: this does not extend to the obnoxious drunken yelling of rap lyrics in my apartment.

shoot. i say faggot a lot (and i mean a lot)

I was on a plane earlier and was wondering, has anyone ever heard of someone somewhere pulling that handle for emergency exit? I always sit here because its the roomier seats on cheap planes and always put my hand on the handle like i'm gonna do it but... i don't wanna be that guy.

i wonder what her tattoos say. I bet shes deep.

She easily has the single worst collection text tattoos I've ever seen on one a person.

L'art est la solution au chaos ~ Art is the solution to chaos. Terrible.

Well it's my time coming im (sic) not afraid to die. Terrible.

And some other shit I can't / can't be bothered to read.

i think its gonna take me 5 years to graduate at least...

that is to say, 3 more years

what sucks the most is I should have been out by this semester or earlier but due to family and economic reasons I am now scheduled to graduate in spring. Fuck I hate this place.

what's the deal with this guy and why do people seem to know/care about him? checked a few of his youtube vids and can't say i'm disappointed he's dead.

He was an Australian amateur body builder, but what really made him 'internet famous' was his bizarre self absorbed/ego driven web presence. He inspired thousands of nerds to log off WoW and pick up some weights, which is good.

We used to call everything gay when I was a kid.

It's 3:30 AM and I can't sleep, and I have some cash sitting in my bank (this never happens) so I'm shopping for jawnz. Nearly bought a Porter bag but it looked too small, instead bought some Norse Projects denim because they say they're tapered and I'm still on that Streetwear ting.