tried on this grey veilance jacket yesterday...it was pretty wow, like featherweight, and the slide buttons at the cuff feel incredibly solid. they have some detail shots on the site, it's a really nice detail. i didn't see any gore branding so i'm not sure of the material but it was this kind of matte grey, almost tissue-like material. anyway i'm in love...holding out for the arcteryx factory sale though.

what do you guys think of these?

https://www.hanon-sh...omper-vcmp.html

tell us more about this arc'teryx factory sale?

cheers!

tell us more about this arc'teryx factory sale?

cheers!

It happens a couple of times a year out of their North Vancouver offices. Last one was a couple of weeks ago. They have general Arcteryx gear but also clear out Veilance and some limited LEAF as well.

I've was able to wear the Outlier 3-way shorts pretty much all of last weekend since the weather is so nice and they really are my favorite shorts. Now I want more...

Only pic I have of my keirin cut in action. Dropped them off for a hem yesterday after realizing cuffing these is not an option.

Action pic along with the Levi's Commuter jacket (I'm a denimbro at heart) ~10miles riding home in almost full downpour. Pants soaked through after the first 5 miles or so. Dried super fast once I got home.

How did the commuter jacket hold up? I was considering it for a light rain jacket.

i recently bought myself a final home survival jacket FA140, it's awesome piece however this model seems too be a bit strange fit (shorter body and longer sleeves), but i don't mind it, it's just harder to match it. also the jacket is a bit noisy because of all the zippers, i am going to fix that with some 550.

seems like the proxy service in japan discarted all the papers that came with the jacket so does anyone know what is the purpose of these two straps with buckles hidden in the topmost sleeve pocket? thanks!

8753.jpg

Edited by danii

I think the current acr womens packable is a really nice piece I got that for my misses and it looks really good,or wait till winter and check out the stuff errolson has done for herno which includes a full womens line

it looks nice, but she wants something with a higher collar / psosibly a hood since it gets pretty chilly here

didn't know the herno line will have womens, good to know

if its for cold I would wait for the herno stuff,I think you would find a solution there I think from what I hear it will be the strongest looking womens offering. xs in veilance might work depending on size,but the fit is less flattering as its not cut for female my misses walks the dog in the insulator from the patrol insulated jacket from veilance it dose the job in terms of performance but is not as refined in fit as the womens acronym pieces she has

i was thinking about getting the packable acr for my gf too but she is XS (163cm/40kg) all the time and it seems the jacket is not available in XS and she prefer really fitted garments. how is the fit seenmy?

Edited by danii

You also need to go to the place super early on a friday to attempt to grab the smaller sizes (or womens)

the sample sale in Montreal usually have almost the whole collection, but in Medium, which fits me, but i would prefer a small. it's on apr. 21-22 and only 3 blocks from my place so if i'm back from my business trip by then, i'll go and check and may be able to proxy. picked up a field jacket for like $420 tax in last fall, which was pretty cool.

I'm looking for a waterproof jacket, similar to the taped coaches from supreme but maybe something a little shorter, and a little nicer? Thinking lighter weight, taped seams, either gore-tex lined or similar 3-layer, maybe riri zips or higher end ykk, indifferent about waterproof zips. I essentially want a front zip waterproof jacket that is very simple, no logos, and instead of a hood has a collar, or at least a removable hood. Any suggestions? I guess worst comes to worst I can always get the taped coaches, but the quality leaves much to be desired

Edited by Fycus

It's Pertex, not sure what the face fabric is. The brown/beige colourway is look 27 on the runway show (http://whitemountaineering.com/main.html)

Unorthodox choice: this uniqlo blouson may have a water resistant coating. I have a bomber in what looks like a similar material and it keeps off the showers:

09_072088.jpg

Anyone have experience with Schoeller c_change? I'm contemplating a jacket which uses that membrane. On paper it sounds awesome, but no idea how it actually performs.

It's a really good membrane, on par with Gore but with a four way stretch. Schoeller's face fabrics are among the very best for waterproof-breathables. The whole pine cone opening closing thing is hype though, breathes as well as gore and not as good as Neoshell or eVent.

It's Pertex, not sure what the face fabric is. The brown/beige colourway is look 27 on the runway show (http://whitemountain...g.com/main.html)

Unorthodox choice: this uniqlo blouson may have a water resistant coating. I have a bomber in what looks like a similar material and it keeps off the showers:

09_072088.jpg

Was considering the uniqlo, anymore details you can share ?

I want to see it worn unopen