Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, gantz said:

Enfin Levé's got their new collection out (according to instagram only part 1): http://www.enfinleve.com/

Built with next generation ACRNM PRICE RAISE technology for improved ruggedness, increased breathability, and greater comfort in more conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the totally clear dyneema shell (probably coming in second half?) is pretty sick though
101_adf04d98-b8ad-4fb3-90c9-5c449e251c91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out the Emergency Jacket from Black Yak if you like the material. I have that one and it looks great. Biggest downside is that the material does not breath at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the ID on them kicks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enfin is really going for some blatantly ‘inspired’ patterns now it seems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

What’s the ID on them kicks?

i think they're just fucked up y3 qasas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Enfin is really going for some blatantly ‘inspired’ patterns now it seems...

Hasn't that been their business plan from the beginning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kraak said:

Hasn't that been their business plan from the beginning?

Yeah, but that tecsys pant is straight eyepoke shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

What’s the ID on them kicks?

Y3 Qasa


I'm really into enfin leve's material experimentation, I bought a termaltech steel accessory from them last season mostly just to feel the stuff myself, they just need to come up with some more unique applications for them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, prices are raised but then again they are not using cheap materials. And it was clear that they'll raise the prices over time anyway. Acronym makes it easier for them to do so as well (1.300 € acr pants vs. 400 € enfin leve pants). I agree with brainerd666 on a lot of the inspiration but they are slowly moving in their own direction design wise imo. Tbh I do like some of their pants and I own a pair of their sestao pants in Schoeller Dryskin which I enjoy. I'd rather buy an acronym pant but acronym's prices are now absolutely out of my reach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outlier's most recent push into the techwear outerwear market:

https://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/experiment-118-prodigy-mutation.html

https://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/experiment-119-neomarine-longslash.html

https://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/experiment-120-duckcloth-slash-fortress.html

I actually really appreciate the approach they've settled into: tons of transient experimental pieces, with a solid selection of basics that are available year-round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Outlier's most recent push into the techwear outerwear market:

https://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/experiment-118-prodigy-mutation.html

https://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/experiment-119-neomarine-longslash.html

https://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/experiment-120-duckcloth-slash-fortress.html

I actually really appreciate the approach they've settled into: tons of transient experimental pieces, with a solid selection of basics that are available year-round.

 

nah, Outlier has no solid selection and their basics are available seasonally at best. Their midlayers end up dumped in the WTF bins and all their outerwear are experiments. They are operating on a hype schedule now -- try to sell out everything in a minute, no stomach for holding stock -- with prices to match. I have no love for this approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently outlier has finally figured out that they can subsist solely on selling weird experiments and endless color variations of the slim dungarees to the same 50 autists on reddit that will buy literally anything they make.

honestly it's kind of funny that this used to be the company that just wanted to make a pant that dries fast. 

 

 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SuE said:

 

nah, Outlier has no solid selection and their basics are available seasonally at best. Their midlayers end up dumped in the WTF bins and all their outerwear are experiments. They are operating on a hype schedule now -- try to sell out everything in a minute, no stomach for holding stock -- with prices to match. I have no love for this approach.

lol you’re salty dude.

Their t-shirts and pants are usually pretty well-stocked these days—it used to be more of an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

lol you’re salty dude.

Their t-shirts and pants are usually pretty well-stocked these days—it used to be more of an issue.

which t-shirts, which pants? 10 years and their selection is still Ultrafine Tees and Slim Dungarees? What's the point of all these experiments? When the ramie is well stocked in the summer, the feral waffle in the winter, and the dreamweight all year round, then their basics would be worth pointing out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SuE said:

which t-shirts, which pants? 10 years and their selection is still Ultrafine Tees and Slim Dungarees? What's the point of all these experiments? When the ramie is well stocked in the summer, the feral waffle in the winter, and the dreamweight all year round, then their basics would be worth pointing out.

The runweight’s been in stock pretty consistently, the ramie is a summer piece, the slim dungarees, future works, strong dungarees, 60/30s, the new OG Leans and OG Classics... all there. Ultrafines too, obviously.

You can see the experiments making their way into the main selection. The hard/co stuff most recently, which I think will mostly replace the double fine; and there’s the shell they tested last year. It’s not like they’re not working over there—it’s just that the experiments often only make it to beta. You’ll get a lot more data from user feedback than you’ll ever get from ~15 people in New York wearing your protos for a few months, so I don’t see it as a bad approach.

I don’t tend to buy the exp stuff, but I guess I’m not a superfan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SuE said:

which t-shirts, which pants? 10 years and their selection is still Ultrafine Tees and Slim Dungarees? What's the point of all these experiments? When the ramie is well stocked in the summer, the feral waffle in the winter, and the dreamweight all year round, then their basics would be worth pointing out.

I’m guessing you’re not an ACR fan either?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my only purchase from outlier after one year is a absolutely happy.

 

Albini Merino button up shirt (great combination of material and design, bit pricy)

Og free ways (awesome schoeller shorts for move and style)

quadzip (this thing is great)

Keypiece (better design than acr wk2)

Slim dungarees (nice and decent price schoeller for daily biking etc, and friendly at office)

And a merino  (pricy slightly)

to me these are way more low key than Veilance and good combination with Acrnm items to fit in more versatile usage.

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

I’m guessing you’re not an ACR fan either?

I wasn't a fan of Acrnm's SS18 drip-drip release schedule and the hype and prices are rising rapidly. But Acrnm has actual retailers and puts out more stock of the hyped pieces. Also Acrnm has a predictable progression of releases so it's easier to integrate products from their collection. 

Just because I'm not a fan of their approach to releasing products doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the brand and/or the products. So back to the experiments 118, 119, 120. Can we discuss em? Did anyone order one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuE said:

I wasn't a fan of Acrnm's SS18 drip-drip release schedule and the hype and prices are rising rapidly. But Acrnm has actual retailers and puts out more stock of the hyped pieces. Also Acrnm has a predictable progression of releases so it's easier to integrate products from their collection. 

Just because I'm not a fan of their approach to releasing products doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the brand and/or the products. So back to the experiments 118, 119, 120. Can we discuss em? Did anyone order one?

I’m not sure why you’re calling out a brand named Outlier for doing things the way the deem fit for their brand? Who cares how they release, when they release, where they release, and how those releases ‘integrate’. It feels like brand mentality is what you’re pointing at, but I feel like you’re approaching it from an outmoded perspective. It appears to me that Outlier have the means and ways to eschew the norms in that regard. Our philosophies on this obviously differ as I was elated to see ACR going the random drops route (pricing though- yeah that was a quick ascent I’ll agree for sure). Is it frustrating if you miss a piece- of course. Is it fucking awesome if you caught that one drop- fuck yes! But are you privileged enough to think you’re owed that piece because whatever the fuck fill in the blank-ness...?

In the long run none of us really truly need this shit to survive. It’s fun to play with in many respects, and also has very utilitarian aspects and overall usefulness if done right. I just don’t see the point in giving Outlier shit for doing it their own way and saying fuck the whatever zeitgeist. Which isn’t to say I respect or crave all of their pieces. I had a pair of new denim, and they didn’t fit my aesthetics. I appreciated the thought and time put into them. Passed them on to a friend that’s a bit less tech wear oriented than I am, and he’s fucking elated by the cut and material. Their shit runs the gamut of grey man to active wear to full fledged ‘new’ shit, which is not the easiest to pull off imo. 

TLDR: I hate their onsite modeling/branding but I like their chutzpah and general design sense. YMMV

Edited by brainerd666
Words. Fucking words goddammit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuE said:

So back to the experiments 118, 119, 120. Can we discuss em? Did anyone order one?

Really wanted 118, but I wasn’t quick enough. Always next year I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I’m not sure why you’re calling out a brand named Outlier for doing things the way the deem fit for their brand? Who cares how... I just don’t see the point in giving Outlier shit for doing it their own way and saying fuck the whatever zeitgeist...

Huh? No brand is exempt from criticism and even if it's right for them doesn't mean it's right for their fans. I haven't even taken Outlier to task for their depop distraction (i.e. third-party ecommerce site, logo heavy designs on cotton american apparel blanks, no returns etc) which is the zeitgeist they built their brand identity against. Ain't nothing outmoded about pointing out contradictions in word and deed

18 minutes ago, kampongkid said:

Really wanted 118, but I wasn’t quick enough. Always next year I guess

You think 118 will be back next year? or you'll buy whatever Outlier puts out next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s misleading to state they have no returns as it only applies to the experimental pieces. Which are less than integral to their base brand. In fact they are very up front about the concept and design in my experiences reaching out to them multiple times in the past. For instance- fairly recently I was interested in their dyneema jeans and they were very forthright about how difficult it would be to alter them for a standard tailor. I wasn’t given any type of sales pitch or brush off. Their customer service has been both fastidious and welcoming.

 And I think you’re mistaking criticism for personal bias. Which is fine, but call it what it is.

At least they’re not charging premiums for branded tees that have poetic descriptions attached to them to excuse the price hikes...

Edited by brainerd666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

It’s misleading to state they have no returns as it only applies to the experimental pieces. Which are less than integral to their base brand. In fact they are very up front about the concept and design in my experiences reaching out to them multiple times in the past. For instance- fairly recently I was interested in their dyneema jeans and they were very forthright about how difficult it would be to alter them for a standard tailor. I wasn’t given any type of sales pitch or brush off. Their customer service has been both fastidious and welcoming.

 And I think you’re mistaking criticism for personal bias. Which is fine, but call it what it is.

At least they’re not charging premiums for branded tees that have poetic descriptions attached to them to excuse the price hikes...

? depop.com/outlier has no returns. I wasn't being misleading; get your facts straight. 

Not sure what their customer service has to do with their release process here. I'll state explicitly again that I'm a fan of Outlier and their products. I'll also add that I'm a fan of their customer service. That doesn't mean I have to be a fan of their release process.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SuE said:

You think 118 will be back next year? or you'll buy whatever Outlier puts out next year?

Slightly bitter talking to a flipper who got two sizes (mine included). Doubt we will see it next year at least not as it is now. Word is they don’t have much of the purling material left over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SuE said:

? depop.com/outlier has no returns. I wasn't being misleading; get your facts straight. 

Not sure what their customer service has to do with their release process here. I'll state explicitly again that I'm a fan of Outlier and their products. I'll also add that I'm a fan of their customer service. That doesn't mean I have to be a fan of their release process.

 

It came across in your previous post that they dont accept returns in general. Hence why I said it’s misleading. The majority of people are more aware of the mothersite I’d hazard to guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Came here to agree Outlier is pretty sad - 10 years later and it's not any easier to reliably purchase items in my desired size/color combination. It's incredibly frustrating because I'm a fan of their pieces - my closet is 60% outlier at this point - but I don't look forward to their releases because it just means stress and a high chance of disappointment. It's a distinctly unfriendly user experience. Want to wear that dreamy merino tee? Well you'd better not get any holes in it because it's out of stock now and will only be re-stocked for 5 minutes one afternoon in the next 2-3 years. I hate to say it but part of me hopes for Bonobos keeps expanding into this territory - at least then I can pick stuff out of a catalog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did you know there is an outlier thread in here? (and on redit too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beyond Clothing has a new line called Kyros. Lot's of nice looking, minimalist outdoors gear with a military/ultralight aesthetic. Men's and Women's clothing options.

https://beyondclothing.com/pages/kyros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • :-0

    /// STAY AT HOME SALE #3 !!! ///

    $US 5 joining fee for supertalk. march 20 – till we are let out of home
    50% off classified ad listing fee plus extension to 180 day for listings

    supertalk is free to browse as a guest. You need to be a member to participate in discussions or buy and sell on the classifieds. There is normally a one-off $US10 joining fee for supertalk. You can also become a premium superseller or supermember. Businesses who want to promote their brand and products need to become a supersponsor. superfuture is privately owned and has been online continuously for 21 years. It's a digital cockroach and with your support it'll somehow survive the current apocalypse.  

  • Similar Content

    • By Markmont
      View Advert BNWT: Stone Island Garment Dyed Crinkle Reps NY Down Jacket
      BNWT - Stone Island Garment Dyed Crinkle Reps NY Down Jacket - Blue
      Selling to purchase different size. Feel free to ask any questions.
      Advertiser Markmont Date 01/14/2018 Price $490.00 Category outerwear  
    • By Markmont
      BNWT - Stone Island Garment Dyed Crinkle Reps NY Down Jacket - Blue
      Selling to purchase different size. Feel free to ask any questions.
    • By Opie
      Putting this thing up, since I'm not wearing it, and it deserves just that.
      This jacket is, as far as i can tell, a very limited production by Sakuto Motoike, son of leather leather sculptor Hideo Motoike from back in 08, when he did a line of very aggressive leatherwear that's quite counter to the americana (i presume) he does now. Line is now defunct.
      Cows leather, silver bone buttons and cotton inners. Not sure about the sleve lining, but i assume it's cupro or something along those lines.
      Bought it of the man who runs the CCP gallery http://theofficegallery.com on Cypress. It was from his private collection.
      Retail price was 4000 euro for him, back when he bought it, though i don't remember where.
      Worn very sparsely (say once a year) by me.
      Asking price right now is 2500 euro, but offers are welcome.
      Pictures:
      http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/mLindholdt/DSC01983_result_zpsiighhse2.png
      "Discolourations" from the dying process. Unique in that way.
      http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/mLindholdt/DSC01993_result_zpsew2om0pk.png
      http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/mLindholdt/DSC02017_result_zpsqhwvdr6b.png
      Notice the spots here. A few more on the other side. Were there when i got it. Doesn't do anything negative to the look.
      http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/mLindholdt/DSC01941_result_zpssln7mrep.png
      Leather tag. Notice the silver bone buttons.
      http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/mLindholdt/DSC01978_result_zpsitr3wzcu.png
      http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/mLindholdt/DSC01942_result_zpssrthwpuj.png
      Will take more pictures for serious buyers and answer questions to the best of my ability.
      From the same maker, but quite a bit later and in a different style period.
      Size 3 desert boots, from before they started doing the more clunky look of the goodyear welt. Used quite a bit and rubbersoled a few times. Heel also rebuild a few times. No laces. Made of one piece of leather (tongue excluded).
      Paid 600 usd for them back in the days, but it was including a very difficult shipping route (they didn't sell to people who weren't in store to try them)
      http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/mLindholdt/DSC01942_result_zpssrthwpuj.png
      http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/mLindholdt/DSC01942_result_zpssrthwpuj.png
      http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mLindholdt/media/DSC01966_result_zpslk51uye4.png.html?sort=3&o=2
      Price, 100 euro.
      http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/mLindholdt/DSC02015_result_zpskd5rawbx.png
      Cedar wood shoe trees I'll throw in with the shoes for an ekstra 30 euro.
      Again, I'll add extra photos if wanted.
    • By Hades
      Undercover 12AW Goretex Jacket (4) $450 SOLD

      White Mountaineering Wardrobe Wool Coach's Jacket (3/L) $160 SOLD

       
       
    • By lazyfrank
      View Advert FS: Rick Owens drkshdw
      Selling 2012 F/W  Rick Owens drkshdw denim jacket with leather sleeves. It's F/W version with heave cotton lining. 
      size: xs 
      Advertiser lazyfrank Date 06/21/2017 Price $500.00 Category outerwear  
  • Top 10 Active Viewed Topics

  • MATCHESFASHION.COM - UK
    SSENSE GLOBAL
  • Veilance Grey Isogon Jacket
    $US 500

    201494M180025_1.jpgshow?id=gf39VV*YhHg&bids=541884.15691341