Ive had the backpack and I did not find it very comfortable/functional. Generally very big but not enough space for anything except paper/books/laptop. On the other hand, the messenger is great. I cant name any cons of it, I am using it nearly everyday for 1 and a half year now. The price is also great if you manage to buy it from some ebayer.

I disagree with a lot of the criticisms of ACG on here. 

I think the 2in1s neck/hood design is a step forward compared to similar stow-able ones by acronym because of the addition of the material where it gets dirty. Also, stowable>fold out. The chest pockets are a cool concept; two completely separate pockets on top of each other.

People want more articulation. People think it should be cheaper. The two contradict because surely more complex patterning = harder to design + harder to make = more expensive. That's not to say I don't want articulation, I do and reading the design statement I hope we will be seeing more of it in future collections.

@firstdoorontheleft "I feel like it is a huge miss for Nike." It all sold out in some regions webstores! And in others multiple items sold out.

I bought the backpack. When I first got it I remembered that in school we used to take everything out of someones bag, turn it inside out, put everything back in and then close it up. Because of the strange zip design on the front I thought that you couldn't do this. But after trying, it turns out you can. Another feature that would have caused much hilarity for others in school is the fact that you can undo the plastic buckle and then pull apart the top and bottom triangles to open the bag very quickly, having someone do this to you while walking along would dump the contents of the bag onto the floor. There are actually lots of mesh pouches and side pockets in the bag to stop this being a complete disaster.

This quick release function also applies to the two molle pocket on the sides of the bag. You have to vaguely center the zips and then yank the webbing tabs upwards.  

The bag does look too tall along the top portion. It looks a little monolithic if it's empty.

@aleporte I think the material on the outside is xpac because it has the diamonds running through it. I just checked my 3A-3 and the only real discernible difference is that the ripstop squares on the acg bag are smaller and the diamonds seem less pronounced, it is a different kind of xpac. I agree with you about when you put it down it falls forward, this is very annoying and over time would mean the front gets dirtier than it should.

I like the bag. I like most of the collection. And I think it still follows the definition of urban techwear (minus the jacket with all the logos on it, got dayum). 

Edited by TIMDOT

^another thing about the acg bag. The front heavy "feature" is kind of a pain when traveling. If I need to pack a carry on I like to put my backpack over it strapped to the handle. I have to figure out a way to do this with this backpack. Maybe I won't need to because it is really comfortable to wear on the back.

I got the backpack, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it. The size is good, it's comfortable and I like the white interior of course, but I don't like the fact the zips can never be fully closed, the shininess of the thing, and the lightweight-ness. It feels a bit delicate and fragile. Rain is surely going to seep through the zips pretty quickly as well.

And it's $300. Considering the standard Nike Responder pack is $185 I'm not sure the ACG one is worth the extra. For $297 I'm thinking I'll get a 40L Mission Workshop R6 with Folio pocket, which should actually be waterproof.

It's worth remembering this is not a Nike x Acronym collaboration. These are not Acronym-grade products, so we (I) should adjust our expectations accordingly. Of course the ACG backpack is not a 3A-7TS mk2. How could it be? This is why it's less good and falls on its face.

I think if it was Acronym the PR would've said it, Gary definitely wouldn't have minced words if it was a Nike collection designed by Acronym. I'm sure Nike is very controlling especially with ACG and to co-brand the relaunch of such an important sub-division would be almost pointless, instead you employ the expertise of someone who is well respected in the industry you're aiming for and let them head up your design team.

I was buying some dimension-polyant X-pac for a â–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆ â–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆ project. 

Here is difference (layers from top to bottom) between those I got my hands on:

VX03: ripstop nylon (30-40 denier)+dacron fibers+nylon (total 140g/m2)

VX07: ripstop cordura (70 denier)+dacron fibers+nylon (total 165g/m2)

VX21: cordura (210 denier)+dacron fibers+nylon (total 230g/m2)

I found online even VX42, which is some rugged style X-pac. I think the ACR bags are VX03. Using the originaly sail fabric for bags is nothing new or Acronym specific.

Acronym GmbH works as design consultancy brand as well, there is no co-branding on Tilak, Herno, Stone Island, so I see no reason to put it on the Nike garments as well. However Acronym® is the brand we all obey. This guy looks like he is working in Nike as Bag designer, claims he was working on the ACG bag, which makes sense, because (kill me now) 3A are no way on par with ACRNM clothes - they are nothing groundbreaking, revolutionary.

Edited by danii

Ive had the backpack and I did not find it very comfortable/functional. Generally very big but not enough space for anything except paper/books/laptop. On the other hand, the messenger is great. I cant name any cons of it, I am using it nearly everyday for 1 and a half year now. The price is also great if you manage to buy it from some ebayer.

Your answer was very helpful thank you.

What is the general consensus on cote et ciel on here ?

I don't know what the general consensus is but I have the Nile (Obsidian version) and I've been wearing it to class during this fall so here follows a short review: 

The people who've commented on it are generally impressed with the quality. Compared to a lot of other bags the Cote et Ciel backpacks really give you your money's worth and the overall finish and design seems highly professional at first glace. There are some major issues with the functionality of the design though (the straps are prone to falling of my shoulders and every time I shorten them they're at max length again within minutes...) 

The big pocket on the back is good for carrying clothing or other irregularly shaped items but wont hold much else. I was quite surprised though that It could actually fit my entire keyboard when I was bringing it over to a friends house. The main compartment is barely able to fit all of my textbooks though. The main issue though is that I honestly don't know understand the Nile was designed for. If you're only going to be carrying around a laptop, one notebook and a sweater the bag is unnecessarily big and to be fair it's a pain to wear it in crowded areas since it's prone to hit people when you're turning. I think it's an interesting piece of design but I don't think I would recommend it to anyone. It has an interesting look but for an everyday carry it's simply too unpractical and quickly becomes a bother.

(Also, the hood that comes with the Nile is retarded. I don't know who came up with the idea to add it but it's 100% useless and tbh I would've preferred the backpack without it since it makes it almost impossible to fit the damn thing into a locker...)

Edited by Endless

I have the nile too, zippered compartment is just not thick enough to fit anything that isn't flat but the back pocket is good for that.  I find it pretty useful for travelling.  Laptop/notebooks/electronics/stationery in the flat compartment, extra clothing, toiletries, misc items in the back.  The shape makes it good to use as a pillow/hold onto.  Echo the sentiments regarding the hood, I've only used it for blocking out sun if you're sleeping on a car/bus/etc.  

Don't mind the straps now that I've gotten used to them.

Also, the material is prone to scratches, I've got a few especially near the bottom.

Edited by Nebulae

How often do you guys wash and reproof your jackets? 

Just went out and bought some Granger's. Went for separate wash and proof instead of the 2 in 1. There was a wash-in proofer and a spray-on proofer. Reviews said the wash-in was more effective so I ended up getting that but would the spray-on be worth getting as well so I have the option of not always having to do a wash to proof? I might be completely wrong here but wouldn't washing more often than what is necessary end up being worse for the jacket over time?

i have one of their shoulder bags, and think that for the price you are getting an exceptionally well made and detailed product. powder coated custom zipper pulls, reverse coil zips, internal pockets and a great subdued aesthetic. i do agree their backpacks seem too large in person.

I don't really know anything about these guys but Taiwanese techwear startup (been around since last spring or so) 4Dimension are having an end of the year sale. (20% with code 4DMSN) 

Link to shop: http://4dimension.bigcartel.com/

*Valid Period : 12/30 2014 - 1/10 2015

*Discount : 20% off

*Voucher Code : 4DMSN

Pics:

how do their hoodies fit? only a large left and i need a waterproof/tech hoodie. fyi i'm M in uniqlo

how do their hoodies fit? only a large left and i need a waterproof/tech hoodie. fyi i'm M in uniqlo

No clue, they only stock M and L though. According to the size chart on the size the hoodie has a 56.5 cm chest. Try measuring a sweater with a fit you like and compare the measurements.