Denim Repair

obsessis

i'd say repair now. the funnies thing about my blowout yesterday was that last week when i got the jawns back from the tailor she told me the crotch was about to blow( which was beyond obvious, but i thought it would hold up a good while longer). 5 days later, BOOOOM!

she was charging me 5 bucks a patch, and i was low on $$$. plus it was just a chick i happened to meet while asking for a good tailor reference in the local 'premium' denim store. she said she could do the job overnight, so i dropped them off that night. i need a CTB-style circular style patch repair on the crotch( per the dude who answered the phone at BiG, it wasn't gordon). so i wanted to see how good her basic patch work was first. but i got a guy who is gonna do the repair for me as soon as i get the vintage evis denim patches from flash. gordon wasn't there and the BiG dude said he could only give me a NY tailor reference, cause they are too busy at the moment. i respect that so i'll get it done locally.

I say forget all your repairtroubles and get some stylish easy-to-iron patches here.crotchblowouts are a nono from now on.just choose your cool decor!will proxy!

http://http://www.jako-o.de/shop/Kleidung-Guertel-u-Accessoires-Sticker-Aufnaeherset-Outdoor-5-Stueck/dmc_mb3_search_pi1.searchstring/b%C3%BCgelflicken/group/1796/product/21676/Produktdetail.productdetail.0.html

I would just like to give props to DDoctors. I fell off my bike and the selvage stitching popped open about 6 inches on my right leg right where my combs are. No point in posting pics, but they stitched it up perfectly: the combs aren't off kilter a bit.

I had to patch the crotch on my lowly 501 contest jeans. It's similar to CrashTestBrummie's famous patch, except I did it myself so it's kind of a hack job. Hope it holds up. All I had available was cheap-ass thread. I plan on filling in more stitching in the open parts, over the next couple days.

3968500557_7189a59b18_o.jpg

i need a CTB-style circular style patch repair on the crotch( per the dude who answered the phone at BiG, it wasn't gordon).

After a lot searching I found someone locally that could do the CTB-style patch. Unfortunately, I didn't have any decent denim scraps, so I just had to use some regular denim I found at the fabric market. I needed it cause I was doing a lot of biking before it got really hot. Anyway, he did a pretty good job. Cost about $8 total including the denim, and he fixed some other loose stitches on my pockets and whatnot. Thanks to CTB for the inspiration.

Pics of the repair:

reinforcement.jpg

outdoorlap.jpg

i just picked-up my jawns from the cleaners/alteration shop. i'm so pissed off, you would think i just got pissed on.

1st, they didn't repair the jeans like i carefully explained, and specifically instructed them to do. instead of the circular patch i requested(and provided plenty of denim for) the bitch used some bullshit open-end denim to reinforce the inside, which is stiff as hell in the crotch since she layered the shit 3xthickness. the black denim is used in a rectangular patch on the outside.

2nd, i told them that the jeans were NOT dirty(they didn't even look dirty, and i'm a wash-a-fucking-holic), yet they felt the need to not only dry-clean them, but to also steam-flatpress them as well. when i asked why, they just said it was automatic. and my jawns smell like cheap menthol cigarettes. i'm ready to slap the shit outta somebody. now i have to iron out their funny-ass sideseam creases, as well as figure out how to get my own creases back, since now the jeans are flat-as-shit all over. fuck my life. i'll post pics later...

update: my jawns still smell like mavericks, but the repair should last a while. once i ironed out the creases, they will be a-ight i guess. i'm laying on the floor doing the bicycle to get my combs back like i'm fucking richard simmons. they used some type of iron-on adhesive to keep the patch in place( here it's called witch-stitchery) and she got a lil' sloppy with it, and what extended past the edges of the patch was scratching my upper inner-thigh. i had to scrape it off with my fingernail, cause the last thing i need is something chaffing my under my nuts. this lady's skills at following instructions is terrible, but her sewing skills are great.

now i have to iron out their funny-ass sideseam creases, as well as figure out how to get my own creases back,

Wash 'em, then wear 'em when they're 95% dry. That should help put them back the way they were.

I won't take anything important to tailor anymore unless I can stand over them while they're doing the work. I had a patch put on a G-1 flight jacket once. Along the zipper, where part of the patch is supposed to go, there's a double layer of leather. So, the tailor moved the patch over toward the armpit where the leather was one layer. Jacket fucking ruined. Took the patch off and sold the jacket.

Thanks for the tip, tg76! It may not be too long before I redo it, when the thread fails. Who knows, I was always told to use beeswax and I didn't have any. Maybe that's why the thread seemed so flimsy.

thanx for the tip miss tg, i brought in sufu pics and she still didn't do as instructed. but after carefull review i can say she did chose function over form, which is my #1 repair rule. camera is out of juice, so i'll post pics tomorrow. for 5 bucks, she did good. but the dryclean/steampress part i hate, although everythings fine now.:D we're back in business

had a few pairs of my jeans sent to Denim Doctor in LA. I had a pair of Samurai Original SUFU contest jeans and a pair of ware house 10th anniversarys that both needed major crotch and pocket repair. also had several holes and stuff through out them. then I had a pair of samurai one pocket buckle back jeans that just needed a new crotch button and some reinforcements. The place is pricey, cost me 150 bucks for all three, but you basically get back a perfect pair of jeans and can sleep well knowing your jeans wont get fucked up. The crotch repair on both were very thorough. I gave them a swatch of samurai hickory stripe fabric I had, and they patched up everything with that. My only complaint, and this is my fault because I didn't specify, is that all of the repairs are virtually unnoticeable. you could never tell I had complete crotch blowout on either pair, and the pockets look brand new and untouched. they used the hickory stripe marterial, but repaired everything from the inside with lots of yarn so you can't really tell there were ever holes. I kind of wanted the hickory stripe (which is thick and gorgeous with silver thread) to be on the outside so you could see all the repairs. i guess it will end up looking cool cus has everything wears out the hickory stripe will reveal itself anyways. but, the service and workmanship was impeccable.

BiG recommends denim doctors, so i know they gotta be good. but like you said, there's just something about when they repair them TOO damn well, and the damage is virtually unnoticeable. but i'm sure they have various ways of doing their thing, so upon request i'm sure they can do it however you like. but $50 per pair...ouch. my crotch is durable as all fuck now, for basically the price of a fresh pack of dutches.

i got the vintage evis denim from flash, and it is superb. i basically 'replaced' the coinpocket, well i guess you can say i just made another one and sewed it overtop the other one. now my coin-pocket has hidden rivets! then i made myself i cargo pocket on the left thigh. kinda like mr freedom...i'll post pics when i get a chance...

more than enough, you are too generous. i've been inspired to add a patch of raw 1000xx Warehoue denim to the lower right leg. i'll get on it tonight. i don't really wear my WH that much, and i've been dying to see up close and personal how this denim fades. it should take some time, since it won't be in a high-abrasion area. i'm going to ask gordon for a denime&SDA scraps to finish out the five.

This is it, some Wrangler brokentwill:

3975302310_c599c6bcf1.jpg">http://

3974534509_27ab5f513d.jpg

3975300792_855f2e3ba6.jpg

from an old Wranglerjackett I thrifted in the early eightis,so it should be made in the seventies.now you want to know why I sacrificed it?

well,I was young,added a lot of stickers to it and lazy as I was I glued them on instead of using thread and needle.cutted the pocketflaps off for easier access of my smoking gear.in the end it is unwearable for somebody of my age now.but instinctevly i refused to give it any wash than.dont worry Salaam,the smell isnt too bad!:D

^^^send it on my friend, it will be well used and appreciated. the older the better!

well, as i said before i got the vintage evis denim a couple days ago, so i decided to immediately put it to good use. my coin-pocket was basically all-but destroyed, so i decided to upgrade:

20upruq.jpg

219870l.jpg

i used the vintage evis denim and just went over top the existing pocket. i made sure to keep the selvage, and the little selvage that peeks out at the corners;)

here is the crotch repair the lady at the cleaners did for me. it's the black FC denim.

301lylf.jpg

i was checking out cottonduck's blog the other day, and i liked the way the pockets wrapped on the mr. freedom joints, so i used just a bit of that and decided to repair the right pocket thus:

xduoaa.jpg

it's the black FC denim as well. the addition is a fully-functional pocket, and it allows the existing pocket to remain functional. i made sure i used a dark portion so that it has max fade potential. it's real black denim, not overdyed. it's exactly the same as 'regular' FC denim, just black.i stitched -FULL COUNT OSAKA @ the top of the pocket using the banana and brown thread gordon supplied:

n33fq9.jpg

j6s684.jpg

here you can see the smaller utility pocket i added to the left side along the thigh. it's the vintage evis denim. instead of the selvage along the top, i flipped it around so that the evis denim's twill line and selvage is parallel to that of the jean. you can see a lil' selvage sticking out at the top:

104orvo.jpg

2rhadqu.jpg

the deerskin leather patch was starting to come off, so i stiched it back with banana yellow:

rjjom8.jpg

here is where the yoke is busting through. as you can see i've repaired it several times before, but this time ima put some 1000xx denim over the rows of stitching. that should do the trick...

rw7ytd.jpg

back pockets are still holding on for dear life, i would consider replacing them and repainting the arcs if i can find a big piece of SDA or denime denim...

312xyq9.jpg

iprtsk.jpg

+43= Salaami....easily some of the dopest repairs I've seen. Love how your FC's are turning out.

I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get some black denim or maybe just some very unique denim? I'm looking for some to patch up my knee on my SExDBxSUFU's. The hole is okay right now but its getting progressively worse.