Denim Repair

obsessis

Did those yourself Monkey?

Look good, a bit thick maybe?

And wasn't it hell to get all the way into the knee?

Yeah they're too thick in places and will end up pulling the denim apart somewhere else I'm sure, but I wanted that darned look and l love how they turned out ( from a distance. Macro just looks untidy).

Getting into the Knee wasn't that difficult ... just turned the cuffs UP and

abused the machine a bit ... I'm learning ...

One of the reasons for not repairing jeans with denim is that it would be so thick that it will be more likely that the patch itself will start wearing through the denim aswell.

This only really goes for doing repairs like the one Syb just posted, there's no need for denim under it in that case anyway.

But it depends on the situation really...

I was wondering how you all went about contacting Denim Doctors? I've sent them three emails on pricing with no reply. If you had any work done there how much did it run you? I'm looking for a crotch reinforcement and a tapering, possibly.

The crotch repair on my KMW's from Denim Doctors ended up costing around $50 for the repair and shipping (as far as I remember).

I've never tried to email them, but someone has always answered the phone everytime I've called Denim Doctors.

Denim Doctors / Hollywood Trading Co.

7383 Beverly Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90036

(323) 964-0080

REPAIRED BY DENIM DOCTORS:

CIMG0004.jpg

CIMG0005.jpg

CIMG0009.jpg

CIMG0007.jpg

CIMG0008.jpg

They also did some stitching here and there, but ..well yea. It's really easy to communicate with them. They keep in touch and everything. I do believe it's a bit hard for them to give a price estimate when they cannot see what they will be working with. But if you come in person they can easily give you a quote and tell you what they will do.

So here are my ES Fulton 50s, about 18 months old, worn quasi-regularly. Did a fair share of biking and running after the bus in these so the crotch is wearing out. Problem is that holes are forming in between patches so I'm not sure how to go about this. (You can see the hole on the inside picture). I was thinking of doing an inside all-over patch with old T-shirt fabric. What is that white material that I see so often being used by others in this thread? (I know it's been asked before but I don't anyone has specifically said what it is. I think it's the stuff that Denim Therapy uses.)

Anyways, I'm afraid of using denim to patch because it would get awfully bulky down there. I would love to do an outside patch job like beatle but I don't have the material. So any thoughts?

IMG_0065-1.jpg

IMG_0067-1.jpg

3429835665_e4141d7494.jpg

I let this hole from my redmoon wallet go for a while because it wasn't too much of a problem. But as the hole got worse I realized the silver concho on the wallet was showing through, and might get gashed up, and I didn't want that to happen.

Problem is I didn't have any denim, but I found this material laying around and decided to use it because I wanted to get back to wearing my jeans.

3430648908_d3afb18633.jpg

Well I've never hand sewn anything, but I managed. And here's how it ended up.

3429833617_be133da853.jpg

Apologies for not having a close up, busted camera was not cooperating. Just used some navy blue thread.

Not expecting it to hold up too long, but if it does, great.

Hopefully I'll acquire a nice piece of raw denim and some nice thread for future repairs.

ok, eleven months, numerous washes.

135.jpg

136.jpg

pictures of repairs by salaami

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

143.jpg

back belt loop is totally detached on top

144.jpg

crotch blow outtttttt- luckily you can't really see it when i'm standing

142.jpg

yeah, I wear them every day and fall asleep in them often

I don't know, but are there any denim brands that provide repair kits for their jeans. I am still amazed that denim companies like Samurai and others don't provide a small repair kit with a needle, some thick thread, and a small piece of the same denim the jeans are made in.

just got done reinforcing the "grundle" area of my Good Societys. this was my first time attempting to sew such a large area so let me know what you think. the patch denim is from my New Cures.

IMG00250-20090413-1239.jpg

IMG00251-20090413-1254.jpg

and the button was barely hanging on by a thread so i sewed this tab on by hand

IMG00252-20090413-1255.jpg

probably not. I don't know what kind of repair you're doing, but washing will cause any holes, or rips, or even just areas with the vertical threads worn away (warp? weft? i forget which is which) to get bigger and fray more.

the only possible exception i can imagine would be if they were unsanforized and hadn't been soaked or washed yet, then you might want to give them a hot soak first so that the repair doesn't do weird distorty things to the repaired area

I have an oddly placed hole on my 811's and was looking for some advice.

I spilled some super glue on the crotch of them while working on a project. It hardened and cracked over time. I couldn't even get a needle through the material the glue hit so I cut it out. just looking for some advice on how I should proceed from here.

I also want to do this by hand because I have no sewing machine needles left and I am too lazy to walk down the street and buy more.

30dkuox.jpg

14u9pcg.jpg

sorry about the quality of the pictures. using a shitty webcam right now.

as payment here is a picture of my girlfriend's boobs in a 45rpm shirt. :(

33tqes1.jpg