Denim Repair

obsessis

I guess its possible to fix everything by hand, but a machine is better for bigger repairs, like fixing a hole on the knee etc.

since youre in tokyo, i can teach you. shibuyano ekini aimashooka.

ok just wanted an excuse to practice japanese.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm in NYC.

2qwdawz.jpg

m90eau.jpg

2nsuvco.jpg

4fwsnd.jpg

ou7hoh.jpg

iralex's new cures. i wanted them to be able to handle her level of abuse. the top pic is the crotch reinforcement. the second pic is of the inner knee patches(full count pink-line denim). one inside, one outside. the ill part about the outside patch is that i cut it from the hem, and it just so happened that the piece i cut had wavy creases in it from the hem. normally i would pre-shrink the denim by boiling it, and then ironing it, but the creases matched perfectly with her killer-combs(2nd pic), so i left it like that, hoping the creases will fade just like the combs! back left pocket patched with oni kabuki-vedge, the right with samurai 21 oz. denim, as well as the left knee. stacks-hole patch with oni kabuki-vedge. thanks to gordon and s. tropio. don't +rep me if you don't rep iralex first, i didn't wear these....

I never doubted you for a second! I can't wait to see how the new denim fades and how much longer they'll last

In a couple of months my wallet is going to blow out of my back pocket. It'll happen at the corners of where the wallet sits in the pocket, so there will be holes towards the top and bottom. If i'm to patch the bottom holes, will i have to remove the pocket? I don't want an exterior patch.

See the evo or skull thread for 1-year evolution pics

repairs done with the skull provided repair kit

pocket bag ripped out so i pulled it up and sewed it back in place, repaired yesterday (sorry for the unwanted bokeh):

1a72aac2.jpg

back left pocket repaired yesterday:

37a71eb2.jpg

Hole in ankle area repaired with small patch and seam re-sewn about 3 - 4 inches after coming undone, repaired yesterday:

560b1407.jpg

Back right pocket repaired ~2 months ago:

308b84c0.jpg

I've also had to reinforce the button fly holes twice in the last 6 months.

I like the way the cotton threads wear - yes they break over time, but that just adds to the wear IMO and Fab Four is happy to provide free repair kits.

heres some back pocket repairs from gear in the poskets. i had to take the backpocket stitching out but left the top part around the rivets.

SNC10006.jpg

heres a close up of the hole with the pbj cutoff behind it

SNC10009.jpg

In a couple of months my wallet is going to blow out of my back pocket. It'll happen at the corners of where the wallet sits in the pocket, so there will be holes towards the top and bottom. If i'm to patch the bottom holes, will i have to remove the pocket? I don't want an exterior patch.

To answer your question, yes the back pocket thread must be removed first.