Acronym.

Westbrook

37 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

-CH on p10-ch SS16, p10a-ch FW1617 is a bit thicker than -CH on p16a-ch, p10a-ch from FW1516. 

Yah, my P10a’s are the 16/17 and def very sliiiightly heavier doing a side by side. My P10 pair are at work right now, but I’d swear they’re the same weight as the 16a’s... Maybe I’ve just beat the shit out of them at this point lol

27 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Yah, my P10a’s are the 16/17 and def very sliiiightly heavier doing a side by side. My P10 pair are at work right now, but I’d swear they’re the same weight as the 16a’s... Maybe I’ve just beat the shit out of them at this point lol

Maybe.

My p16ach=p10ach (both night, fw1516), but my worn pair (2-3 yrs) p10ch black SS16 are still more rigid and structured  (especially on arc knee area) than previous p10ch in like new cond. 

fw15/16 CH is probably the most comfortable pant material ever. I would be stoked to get my hands on a SS16 model at some point. 

Also the mythical grey melange CH obviously. Still bummed i had to sell my p14's back in the day even though they still live on in the sufu fam. The hand on that stuff was great.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Probably it's a way to differentiate the brand from others using similiar/same material from schoeller? Though ppl love acr will still buy them, but for new users they may compare with brands with less markups. Using customized fabrics so it's harder to make comparison idk.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:24 AM, Orientalq said:

If we all typed like chefs I would say the J28-WS is FUCKING RAW. But then it would be full of low-effort one-liners each trying to outdo the last -- fucking childish.

You know that unsaid rule among cool kids in school about "act like you don't care and you'll seem cool"? What do you think ACR appeals more to, the cool kids or the math geek? Being a fan of William Gibson's Neuromancer that should answer itself, shouldn't it?

I love the detailed reviews here. Keep them coming and never stop. One day I'll get my jacket and I'll make a review here myself. 

Thanks for telling us what ACR means to you. Do you think Errolson would approve? I'm not his biggest fan but I'm sure he'd take that as an insult. As would many here who take this seriously as a hobby. 

Some people have to write a lot of papers for their career, some don't (including chefs). Antagonizing them for writing in a way they're comfortable in is selfish and divisive. If you can't read, don't read. Or learn how to speedread, as any grad student would know it's an invaluable tool whether you're in school or not. 

Clothing and consumer technology are not unrelated. Especially when ACR has a section dedicated to "Fabric Technology" on every piece. New features and pocket arrays touch the same bases as ergonomics for phones which is impossible to gauge without retail stores where you can try them on. 

TL,DR: high function and high prices require detailed reviews, if you don't take it seriously don't force others to do the same.

everytime this dude posts, i can't be the only one

Agree, the first thing come to my mind is undercover daybreak. I wounder how this exoskeleton structure on back feels/ works. Looks like it may adds some support to your heel... but for a low top shoe it might bring little or no actual help? Anyway it's still good to see some new shoes from E. 

On 2/24/2021 at 2:20 PM, Cornuto said:

Versatile as in weather conditions. DS is comfy in a wider range. Maybe swampy in heat & humidity, but S is too thick to be much better. 

I was shoveling snow the other day, 10°, kinda wet. My legs would have been cold in Stotz, but P31’s were more than warm enough. 

Don’t get me wrong, P24’s are great. Had there been a blazer to match, I never would have bought DS. But I’m a convert. Outdoorsy folk have been calling DS a miracle fabric for 10+ years. 

I agree. DS is much better in cold weather (I am in Canada.) Wearing Stotz is like wearing metal pants. They are icy cold and stiff!

On 2/24/2021 at 1:22 AM, Cornuto said:

Didn’t anyone cop P33-DS?  They’re quite straight, if a bit slouchier than combat pants. 

33’s and 31’s are all I’m wearing nowadays. P24 cut is nice, but DS blows Stotz away in terms of versatility.

I am wearing the 31's in black and RAF green. They are great. I think I will buy a pair of Alpha Green to complete the spectrum.

Does anyone here know if the new E (encapsulated nylon) will take fabric dye? Got a few drops of salycilic acid on my P10A-E and the fabric isn’t damaged but the spots have been bleached almost white. Wondering if there’s any point in throwing it in a Dylon dye wash cycle 

E5ACCADA-3E21-4A6F-971B-B850B7538192.jpeg

B1E6577E-C3EB-49E3-B55A-29F09029A84C.jpeg

Edited by moneytalks

9 hours ago, moneytalks said:

Does anyone here know if the new E (encapsulated nylon) will take fabric dye? Got a few drops of salycilic acid on my P10A-E and the fabric isn’t damaged but the spots have been bleached almost white. Wondering if there’s any point in throwing it in a Dylon dye wash cycle 

nylon can take a dye quite easily but don't bother with dylon as that is a mix of two types of dye, direct and levelling, direct used for cotton, levelling for wool, animal fibres and nylon, dylon will only do a ok job as half the dye is wasted, unless you have one and don't mind giving it a go.

to do a good job you'll need an acid dye. there is a caveat, guessing encapsulated nylon has some kind of treatment for water repellency, so dying may not work at all. contact acronym and a professional for advice.