Westbrook

Acronym.

22 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

The hidden cargos on the rear concealed contents thanks to the wide cut, and could easily be shifted to the side when you sit.

I love the verticality of the rear cargos. Even when filled, it doesn't affect the silhouette of the pant or cause bulk in your ass. I found the contents tend to slide toward the back of your lower thigh. Pre-pandemic I could've snuck in two cans of Four Lokos depending on how lax the security was at the clubs. lol

Sidenote: Was anyone in this thread at the Lab (Orange County) last Saturday? Saw someone crossing the street wearing what appeared to be the J28-WS. I saw the ACR logo tape from a mile away. lol First time I've seen ACR serendipitously outside of organized Nike/SI events. Would've fondled you and your fit but I was in my car. 

Versatile as in weather conditions. DS is comfy in a wider range. Maybe swampy in heat & humidity, but S is too thick to be much better. 

I was shoveling snow the other day, 10°, kinda wet. My legs would have been cold in Stotz, but P31’s were more than warm enough. 

Don’t get me wrong, P24’s are great. Had there been a blazer to match, I never would have bought DS. But I’m a convert. Outdoorsy folk have been calling DS a miracle fabric for 10+ years. 

DS is definitely the most comfortable of their current fabric offerings but it does get a bit too hot in summer.

The old CH fabric (both the industrial micro twill and schoeller shape) is even better though - although it's also less water resistant.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:20 AM, BRICK DOM said:

Does anyone else wish E would offer pants with wider hems (8.5 in +) again? I feel like pretty much every pant has a taper and it’s kind of unnecessary, for example the p34 would look a lot better without the awkward taper below the knee. Just my 2 cents 

Basically the reason why I got the p37, with a slightly wider hem and a more straight cut. Definitely one of the more toned down pants. 

as someone who lives in the tropics and wears lots of acronym bottoms, this is the comfort ranking:

E – DS – CH – S

S being absolutely unbearable if you're going to be out and about on a sunny day. the S pants stay in the closet for when i go on trips to cooler places

10 hours ago, moneytalks said:

E – DS – CH – S

Encapsulated Nylon better than DS? Which model, in particular, did you like compared to DS? Was it because of the wide-cut or is there something about the fabric that lends it to being so comfortable in tropic environments? Also, does that mean jackets in Encapsulated Nylon are just as good? I can imagine it being better than GTX. Maybe J33-E is actually the best jacket for sale if not for it's saggy cut.

Edited by Orientalq

On 2/24/2021 at 2:25 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

DS is definitely the most comfortable of their current fabric offerings but it does get a bit too hot in summer.

The old CH fabric (both the industrial micro twill and schoeller shape) is even better though - although it's also less water resistant.

I just copped a pristine pair of P16a-CH a couple weeks back. After wearing my p10-ch regularly for the last 5 years, it feels fucking majestic walking around with like twice as much fabric lol

Edited by brainerd666

56 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I just copped a pristine pair of P16a-CH a couple weeks back. After wearing my p10-ch regularly for the last 5 years, it feels fucking majestic walking around with like twice as much fabric lol

Is it thicker than the P10-CH?

1 hour ago, markdjr said:

Nah, it’s just a much wider profile overall

On 2/24/2021 at 10:50 AM, CountZatara said:

I love the verticality of the rear cargos. Even when filled, it doesn't affect the silhouette of the pant or cause bulk in your ass. I found the contents tend to slide toward the back of your lower thigh. Pre-pandemic I could've snuck in two cans of Four Lokos depending on how lax the security was at the clubs. lol

Sidenote: Was anyone in this thread at the Lab (Orange County) last Saturday? Saw someone crossing the street wearing what appeared to be the J28-WS. I saw the ACR logo tape from a mile away. lol First time I've seen ACR serendipitously outside of organized Nike/SI events. Would've fondled you and your fit but I was in my car. 

Haha that was me in the J28-WS abd P31. Made a stop at Blends to pick up the Porter x Vans Sk8 Hi

Edited by Theanix

2 hours ago, Theanix said:

Haha that was me in the J28-WS abd P31. Made a stop at Blends to pick up the Porter x Vans Sk8 Hi

small world

8 hours ago, markdjr said:

-CH on p10-ch SS16, p10a-ch FW1617 is a bit thicker than -CH on p16a-ch, p10a-ch from FW1516. 

37 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

-CH on p10-ch SS16, p10a-ch FW1617 is a bit thicker than -CH on p16a-ch, p10a-ch from FW1516. 

Yah, my P10a’s are the 16/17 and def very sliiiightly heavier doing a side by side. My P10 pair are at work right now, but I’d swear they’re the same weight as the 16a’s... Maybe I’ve just beat the shit out of them at this point lol

27 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Yah, my P10a’s are the 16/17 and def very sliiiightly heavier doing a side by side. My P10 pair are at work right now, but I’d swear they’re the same weight as the 16a’s... Maybe I’ve just beat the shit out of them at this point lol

Maybe.

My p16ach=p10ach (both night, fw1516), but my worn pair (2-3 yrs) p10ch black SS16 are still more rigid and structured  (especially on arc knee area) than previous p10ch in like new cond. 

fw15/16 CH is probably the most comfortable pant material ever. I would be stoked to get my hands on a SS16 model at some point. 

Also the mythical grey melange CH obviously. Still bummed i had to sell my p14's back in the day even though they still live on in the sufu fam. The hand on that stuff was great.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Also i know E mentioned dropping the modacrylic-based CH because of price but i'm still confused why none of schoeller's other lifestyle textiles ever made a comeback - most of them are definitely priced for the consumer market.

Probably it's a way to differentiate the brand from others using similiar/same material from schoeller? Though ppl love acr will still buy them, but for new users they may compare with brands with less markups. Using customized fabrics so it's harder to make comparison idk.

(Null)

Edited by brainerd666

I forget how fossilized the edit function on here is lol.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:24 AM, Orientalq said:

If we all typed like chefs I would say the J28-WS is FUCKING RAW. But then it would be full of low-effort one-liners each trying to outdo the last -- fucking childish.

You know that unsaid rule among cool kids in school about "act like you don't care and you'll seem cool"? What do you think ACR appeals more to, the cool kids or the math geek? Being a fan of William Gibson's Neuromancer that should answer itself, shouldn't it?

I love the detailed reviews here. Keep them coming and never stop. One day I'll get my jacket and I'll make a review here myself. 

Thanks for telling us what ACR means to you. Do you think Errolson would approve? I'm not his biggest fan but I'm sure he'd take that as an insult. As would many here who take this seriously as a hobby. 

Some people have to write a lot of papers for their career, some don't (including chefs). Antagonizing them for writing in a way they're comfortable in is selfish and divisive. If you can't read, don't read. Or learn how to speedread, as any grad student would know it's an invaluable tool whether you're in school or not. 

Clothing and consumer technology are not unrelated. Especially when ACR has a section dedicated to "Fabric Technology" on every piece. New features and pocket arrays touch the same bases as ergonomics for phones which is impossible to gauge without retail stores where you can try them on. 

TL,DR: high function and high prices require detailed reviews, if you don't take it seriously don't force others to do the same.

everytime this dude posts, i can't be the only one

Posted (edited)

Reminds me of the Dunk/Blazer from '09

Nike-x-ACRONYM-Dunk-Hi-AC-Blazer-1.jpg.88b63cb5c399bef43afaf77762ba641a.jpgNike-x-ACRONYM-Dunk-Hi-AC-Blazer-2.jpg.f97fc0041940d3f68d7d8cd6e6fe705b.jpg

Edited by jeddyhsu

lets see the other colorways

Makes sense. A couple of the older product shots feature E wearing a pair of blazer lows with a personalized style of lacing. I wonder if that will be one of the features... 

4 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

Reminds me of the Dunk/Blazer from '09

Reveal hidden contents

Nike-x-ACRONYM-Dunk-Hi-AC-Blazer-1.jpg.88b63cb5c399bef43afaf77762ba641a.jpgNike-x-ACRONYM-Dunk-Hi-AC-Blazer-2.jpg.f97fc0041940d3f68d7d8cd6e6fe705b.jpg

In what way besides the fact they're both blazers

Based on that "mock-up" (if that can even be considered a mock-up), I think the more apt comparison is the Undercover Nike Daybreak (with the heel clip), which E has worn on many occasions.

undercover-nike-daybreak-citron-yellow-bv4594-700-5.jpg

Agree, the first thing come to my mind is undercover daybreak. I wounder how this exoskeleton structure on back feels/ works. Looks like it may adds some support to your heel... but for a low top shoe it might bring little or no actual help? Anyway it's still good to see some new shoes from E. 

On 2/24/2021 at 2:20 PM, Cornuto said:

Versatile as in weather conditions. DS is comfy in a wider range. Maybe swampy in heat & humidity, but S is too thick to be much better. 

I was shoveling snow the other day, 10°, kinda wet. My legs would have been cold in Stotz, but P31’s were more than warm enough. 

Don’t get me wrong, P24’s are great. Had there been a blazer to match, I never would have bought DS. But I’m a convert. Outdoorsy folk have been calling DS a miracle fabric for 10+ years. 

I agree. DS is much better in cold weather (I am in Canada.) Wearing Stotz is like wearing metal pants. They are icy cold and stiff!