Acronym.

Westbrook

1 hour ago, Westbrook said:

Is there any expectation that the J89-AD will end up on any of the stockist sites anytime soon?

In recent memory (past few years) items have either dropped online only, or online + stockist simultaneously. you might have to start watching grailed...

Is it me or do the detached pockets on the J83 look like goretex pro, while the rest of the jacket is windstopper?

@msoldano think its this. find it odd that someone bid 416 down from a price of 37173 and knew it would be accepted and the other was sold for exactly the same price. almost as if they didn't really want anyone to have them.

sadly its all a publicity stunt, a bit of marketing to sell some chunky, loud laptops with a airshock packing pouch masquerading as a case

11 hours ago, scamster said:

@msoldano think its this. find it odd that someone bid 416 down from a price of 37173 and knew it would be accepted and the other was sold for exactly the same price. almost as if they didn't really want anyone to have them.

sadly its all a publicity stunt, a bit of marketing to sell some chunky, loud laptops with a airshock packing pouch masquerading as a case

Possible that the seller simply counter offered for 416 on both instances.

18 hours ago, scamster said:

Thank you bro! Yeah I've seen that page. So it's just a regular laptop with some air pouch branding? Very interesting 

On 9/15/2020 at 1:16 AM, Xu Jianfeng said:

I’m 5‘9 and rocking p23 p30 and p25 all in size m. If you don’t need full length of it i better suggest checking size s.

At this pic I take p25 size m with a pair of boot and it covers quite a bit.

Im 5'9 too and have had P30 CH in Small, and while the length did not bother me, I found my knee getting caught in the articulating parts of pant leg. I ultimately traded for a Medium which I greatly prefer. 

3 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

I just ate the j89 cost at 52.40. guess I could've saved $20-30 if I tried to find a lower code but it was $1057 anyway so what's the difference.

30% is pretty intense though, I'd put in the effort to bring that down.

digging through trying to find one that works for the cp2

On 3/24/2017 at 11:52 AM, Voyager said:

If we're doing the release-prep posts now might as well get this one out of the way. US duties cheat codes.

If you order a jacket valuing over $800 from Acronym and you live in the USA, you'll be paying painfully high duties.

HOW TO LOWER YOUR DUTIES IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA

UPS Brokerage accounting department 866-493-7140
Give them your tracking number and tell them that you have a package due to arrive and it isn't classified as specifically as it should be. And as a result of its vague classification, the duties are set way too high. This is actually true.
They might be able to change the classification right then and there, but sometimes they will tell you that you need to speak to the agent in charge of your package and they will give you the number for that office. If they don't just call the Dallas office. They usually have their shit together there.
UPS Shipping and logistics Dallas office 972-304-6978
If you give them your tracking number they should direct you to an agent in charge of your package. Explain to them your situation. They will probably give you a classification that Acronym specified (6203.33.xxxx) which has a duty rate of 27% which is insanely high. Tell them that the classification is not necessarily incorrect, but it's just not specific enough. Give your agent the following classification numbers:
6201.99.8010 - for Cotton (Stotz)
6201.99.8020 - for Wool (LP - that would be a pleasant surprise)
6201.99.8030 - for synthetics (SS, WS or GT)
This changes your rate to something like 4% and saves you hundreds of dollars.

Once your agent confirms the rate change...
UPS bill pay - 803-502-2525. Call these people and pay your lowered duties.

Much thanks again to CARLOOA for tracking down those classification numbers.

@Kamikaze will this still work?

13 hours ago, msoldano said:

Thank you bro! Yeah I've seen that page. So it's just a regular laptop with some air pouch branding? Very interesting 

the asus rog zephyrus g14 is supposed to a very good laptop with a neat gimmick called anime matrix™ display giving the ability to have simple animations on a diagonal portion of the enclosure but with the acronym spit and polish it will come with the whole back of the enclosure with this ability and no doubt some exclusive acrnm animations, all for a premium ... €2699 

Edited by scamster

2 hours ago, iamundying said:

chances are close to zero. restock only occurs for returns. 

And this will not happen because people will resell it on Grailed or eBay with the common margin to finance further purchases.

6 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

And this will not happen because people will resell it on Grailed or eBay with the common margin to finance further purchases.

Much appreciated. I assumed this was the case with both "resale" and mothersite restocks. Fingers crossed for this or the CP4 in my near future.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:48 PM, eidolarr said:

In recent memory (past few years) items have either dropped online only, or online + stockist simultaneously. you might have to start watching grailed...

Is it me or do the detached pockets on the J83 look like goretex pro, while the rest of the jacket is windstopper?

I think you are correct. The front pockets on both sides on the J83 seem to be goretex (especially if you see the inside). For me the best jacket/insulater of this release, but a big price.
Any stockists that you are aware of for this piece as I would like to see how it fits? Thanks and cheers!

On 9/14/2020 at 8:40 PM, iamundying said:

adding that aux-zip sure isn't cheap

i get it, its 400-500$ more than 5 years ago. but was it worth the money spent then? at almost $800? I get that its expensive, but so is $800 or for many $80 bucks on a hoodie is outrageous. For those who have had one in the past? was it "worth" it? to me the J48-SS looks awesome. I personally prefer raf or white for this layer but its dope.

Edited by eddyraddish