Acronym.

Westbrook

do you have something against nike and running sneakers? since those are the most forward looking sneakers out there and hence compatible with acronym's aesthetics. there are nike running shoes from the 90s that still look wild and futuristic and i'm going to wear my wildedge gtx's tomorrow because you just reminded me of them

not at all, i literally live in lunarglides.. just trying to find something a little sleeker to pair with acronym pants and blazer, like say if i were going to vegas for a weekend bender and wanted to look nice/lowkey/minimal for a few hours at a lounge or club, where sneakers might not be appropriate.

f75b6242128a11e289dc22000a1d039d_7.jpg

Finally got my GT-J16. Pretty happy with it but the gt has started to wet out instead of beading water. Has anyone had experience with washing and restoring it's original properties? Any extra tips to go with whatever's on the label? Cheers

Eermmm you gotta treat the jacket with dwr again. Over time the treatment will wear off and u jus reapply. Not sure if its the same for all jacket, but I have a arcteryx fission sl that I put the dwr when u wash it in machine

ACR. I've been hit with fees going through Firmament (and Hanon, IIRC - amongst others) in the past. I can't tell if there's a break point where Customs will notice (like anything over $500), or if it's UPS, or if it's just a crap shoot.

US customs isn't even noticing, it's UPS picking up on a high declared value and getting extra revenue off of a brokerage fee on top of customs that are due. i had a theory that residential addresses were getting picked up for the special treatment but i'm not sure it's true.

not at all, i literally live in lunarglides.. just trying to find something a little sleeker to pair with acronym pants and blazer, like say if i were going to vegas for a weekend bender and wanted to look nice/lowkey/minimal for a few hours at a lounge or club, where sneakers might not be appropriate.

i avoid clubs with an anti-sneaker dress code. acronym is a sportswear brand at the end of the day so sneakers are not a bad call. you could also probably go with one of the older visvim models, serras or fbts. basically proper shoes influenced by sneaker technology

For the people that order off of subnet and live in the US, what type of shipping do you use? I thought it was bad last year when I got a $400 charge from UPS so I switched to FedEx. My recent FW1213 order valued at about 800 Euros has a shipping/customs charge of $650. Has anybody used DHL?

it's UPS picking up on a high declared value and getting extra revenue off of a brokerage fee on top of customs that are due.

Makes sense, I guess - only real way around it is getting senders to mark the value down. Commercial address, FWIW.

edit-

For fasttimes, I've always had pretty good luck with Nikwax - Hardshells get the Tech Wash cleaner and then a very liberal application of the TX Direct spray. Haven't really used the wash-in repellent. Gore used to sell a DWR spray, but I've not seen that on the shelves in a few years...

If anyone's got a favorite product for this I'd love to hear-

edit2-

REI has some decent DWR advice. Application of tumble heat depends on the product application in my exp.

Edited by Appleseed

^Damn. I ordered my J27PL from Hanon, whos using DHL now. Im pretty sure DHL doesnt operate in the US anymore so it just gets delived by USPS. Mine did, and I didnt have to pay any fees.

Ive had the same experience with UPS. When I ever get charged with fees; its always with them. Hanon and Nitty Gritty dont use UPS so I personally prefer them.

Oh yeah, is there anyway to keep the fasthood stowed on the J27PL? I dont know what its for but Ive been holding it down with the extra velcro loop near it. I know its counter productive, but sometimes I really dont need the hood falling out everytime I take off the jacket...

Edited by brndn

Finally got my GT-J16. Pretty happy with it but the gt has started to wet out instead of beading water. Has anyone had experience with washing and restoring it's original properties? Any extra tips to go with whatever's on the label? Cheers

Just make sure you're using Gore endorsed DWR products, follow their instructions and you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the advice, all. If anyone's got more, keep it coming.

Oh yeah, is there anyway to keep the fasthood stowed on the J27PL? I dont know what its for but Ive been holding it down with the extra velcro loop near it. I know its counter productive, but sometimes I really dont need the hood falling out everytime I take off the jacket...

I'm pretty sure that is what that velcro loop is for. Goes into the other loop at the base of the hood (like the ones that hold the jacketsling in place), here's what mine looks like

20121012_162443-1.jpg

20121013_232615.jpg

I broke the escape zip on my S-J1A aggressively escaping, and ACR was unresponsive on the warranty end, so I ordered some escape zips of my own.... I also got some in white, what do you guys think? Should I stick with black or switch to white? I ordered quite a few, so if anyone else finds themselves in a similar predicament PM me, also if you want to add this style zipper to your jacket a tailor can swap them for you assuming they are the same length. I got some glow in the dark zippers that are pretty sweet too... Thanks for any input.

Edited by markdjr

I broke the escape zip on my S-J1A aggressively escaping, and ACR was unresponsive on the warranty end, so I ordered some escape zips of my own.... I also got some in white, what do you guys think? Should I stick with black or switch to white? I ordered quite a few, so if anyone else finds themselves in a similar predicament PM me, also if you want to add this style zipper to your jacket a tailor can swap them for you assuming they are the same length. I got some glow in the dark zippers that are pretty sweet too... Thanks for any input.

How much wear have you put on that on that one since purchasing it, trying to get an idea of how they'll fare with wear and tear.

How much wear have you put on that on that one since purchasing it, trying to get an idea of how they'll fare with wear and tear.

I've had it for a couple years and worn it quite a bit. It fares well out and about in the rain, I'm not super hard on this one though. It is the most wearable ACR fabric in my opinion so it gets more use than the others. The front pocket started to separate so I just had it restitched/reinforced. I have a GT-J16 that I'm pretty hard on and in general have found all of ACR's stuff to hold up well to abuse.

hey, anyone who has the ds-j5 (jonboy?) - does it have two snap buttons where the traditional blazer buttons would go like the gt-j29 does? i think the video shows a quick flash of something but can't tell for sure

yes it does

http://www.firmamentberlin.com/_product_img/23935/l_03.jpg

danii I think haven usually mark down their web orders if made overseas. give them a call they're real helpful.

True. Have a lot of stuff from HAVEN and have no problem with cruel Russian customs due to invoices or whatever.

hey, anyone who has the ds-j5 (jonboy?) - does it have two snap buttons where the traditional blazer buttons would go like the gt-j29 does? i think the video shows a quick flash of something but can't tell for sure

Yes, two snap buttons (tbh I'd prefer if they were a little higher up) and a zip.

Yes, two snap buttons (tbh I'd prefer if they were a little higher up) and a zip.

agreed, snap buttons should have been placed higher. the lower one should have been placed above the higher one with the same distance apart as they are now. although i'm sure erlsn thought this out and there's some functional reason for it.

My issue is that they're where you'd find the bottom two buttons on a 3 button jacket or blazer, and you don't use the bottom button in that instance, but I suppose if you want it done up higher up, you just use the zip.