Acronym.

Westbrook

Regarding the new WB-400 fabric, it is thinner and softer than before, doesn't hold a crease, resist stains and is quieter and falls better than Stotz. It's a pretty cool next gen fabric. But I still prefer Stotz though, it's just too warm for WB-400 where I live. 

Thanks for the Info cmdR. 

So your'e saying Stotz is better for warm weather? That's definitely relevant to me (tropics, Australia). Curious that it's thinner and lighter than Stotz while also more insulating. 

What about colour fading? I wouldn't be concerned for jackets as they would get washed very rarely, but I'd like to be able to wash my pants often without needing to worry that it will fade them.

Edited by Sypron

So your'e saying Stotz is better for warm weather? That's definitely relevant to me (tropics, Australia). Curious that it's thinner and lighter than Stotz while also more insulating. 

What about colour fading? I wouldn't be concerned for jackets as they would get washed very rarely, but I'd like to be able to wash my pants often without needing to worry that it will fade them.

Yes, Stotz cotton is breatheble instead the WB-400 schoeller. I have the acronym shirt DS-KA3 and it's quite warm to wear it in summer. The optimal temperature for it is above 15-18C.

Edited by 4exohte

Stotz is less insulative than WB-400 so it's better for warmer weather but it isn't thinner, although the soft drape of it gives you the impression that it is. What I meant is that it's thinner than the older WB-400 materials used by ACR; e.g. FW1213's SS-J25. 

I have yet to wash any of my WB-400 garments, but I imagine it should resist fade better than the all cotton Stotz. Some people here have been recommending drycleaning for their Stotz gear instead but I've yet to try it. To be honest, the way Stotz fades to a more stone washed look can be quite attractive, but yeah it would be nice if it keeps it's colour for longer after washes. And to be even more honest I don't wash the pants all that often, Stotz, Epic and WB-400 seem to resist odors really well, better than denim. 

Impulse copped the 3A-12TS. Hope it can fit my kindle it there (read: not as limited by its size as it seems).

^ Impulse bought (._.  ) 

I think it's really small and its use for me will be limited. I'm thinking when I don't want to carry my backpack because it's either too big for a short walk / it's too hot and I just want to bring around keys and so on. I wish there were more photos of it slung / worn though. 

Here's a pic I took early last year (!!)

483414624.jpg?1325091514

The Kindle fits but fills it out oddly. 

Ordered one as a present for the wife. And no, I'm not the dude who then also spent $2k on stuff for himself. :D

If any of you decide the bag is not to your liking, I'd be very interested in purchasing it at a premium price. Please let me know.  Thanks.

Edited by Fourtyounce48

So... P11-CH, 3A-12TS etc are these stragglers from the SS collection, early arrivals of the FW collection or is Acronym doing surprise releases now?

Got. @40oz definitely too small for ipad mini. 

How about the new Nexus7?

So... P11-CH, 3A-12TS etc are these stragglers from the SS collection, early arrivals of the FW collection or is Acronym doing surprise releases now?

Will let you know tonight if the UPS man leaves it at the door.

SuE: And don't forget the T-shirts!

My guess is their web-store has turned out to be pretty effective. That makes it possible to do stuff like this more easily, as opposed to trying to do that through dealers, who would normally order about a year in advance. Also it seems that 3A is pretty much exclusive to the web-store now, so that too is basically divorced from the bi-yearly cycle.

Japanese brands do this all time; releasing pieces every couple of weeks, throughout the year. No idea though if that generally makes things easier to plan (more even production throughout the year?), more financially stable (smaller batches, less capital held up in fabric, production and inventory perhaps), more exciting (well for us, certainly) or more profitable (people pounce on these surprises more readily perhaps).

Whether ACR goes all the way there or not (I'd say they're not), right now these releases keep interest going throughout the year.

Either way, it's fun :).

Edited by TaoSpace

SuE: And don't forget the T-shirts!

My guess is their web-store has turned out to be pretty effective. That makes it possible to do stuff like this more easily, as opposed to trying to do that through dealers, who would normally order about a year in advance. Also it seems that 3A is pretty much exclusive to the web-store now, so that too is basically divorced from the bi-yearly cycle.

Japanese brands do this all time; releasing pieces every couple of weeks, throughout the year. No idea though if that generally makes things easier to plan (more even production throughout the year?), more financially stable (smaller batches, less capital held up in fabric, production and inventory perhaps), more exciting (well for us, certainly) or more profitable (people pounce on these surprises more readily perhaps).

Whether ACR goes all the way there or not (I'd say they're not), right now these releases keep interest going throughout the year.

Either way, it's fun :).

How long do sold out items remain sold out?  I mean do they eventually come back?  

Edited by Fourtyounce48

I'll guess at a no. iPad mini seems both too long and too wide to fit. Nexus7 is not as wide IIRC but length wise I still don't think it would fit. 

It can expand quite a bit though. There was still a bit of room in the front pocket after shoving a Vita and 3DS in it to check for size, and there's still a back pocket to use. 

How long do sold out items remain sold out?  I mean do they eventually come back?  

That's usually pretty final for the clothing side of things, unless they get re-issued/updated for the next season. The bags come and go. The 12TS was launched about a year ago (IIRC) and hasn't been seen until just now.

Edited by TaoSpace

That's usually pretty final for the clothing side of things, unless they get re-issued/updated for the next season. The bags come and go. The 12TS was launched about a year ago (IIRC) and hasn't been seen until just now.

indeed, here's the initial video taster launched via USLU from back then:

My guess is their web-store has turned out to be pretty effective. That makes it possible to do stuff like this more easily, as opposed to trying to do that through dealers, who would normally order about a year in advance.

My understanding is that the seasonal stuff was all made to order and paid upfront - assume launching the webshop suggests they're big enough they can take a punt now and again

I'm desperate for a re-release of the WS-J25SS-CP1, and the legendary SET-2

If only I knew about Acronym 3 years ago  :(

What do you owners of the ss-j25 think

I'm not to sure on the cuffs and its a bit long in the body

I'm thinking of getting the sleeves altered or do I sell

If you can't get used to the cuffs I would sell it rather than alter it. Personally love em tho!

I bought it for my wife, but she seems to like it, yes. And yeah, you're realistically not gettin much more than that in there.

Ah but remember the Tec-Sys expansion possibilities! :)

I walked past the guy modeling for Acronym yesterday (for the 2nd time since I live in Berlin). He was wearing the black blazer with one of the most recent bag and Nike Flyknit.

/coolstorybro