ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Wow, with one word this thread had degraded to a middle school playground. Hah!

Beautiful shots, mike, especially that 3rd one down.

My ROYxCones are boooooored, sitting in the corner at enumerator training doing data work in Stata.

IMG_1740.jpg

Some enumerators reviewing Lugisu and Runyankole translations while others practice the surveys.

On Sunday, however, I did something considerably more fun: (re)learning to ride a motorcycle. My flatmate has a whopping 150cc bike and a few of us decided we wanted to have a training day.

Gratuitous ROYxCone shots courtesy of Homegirl

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

I'm thinking about changing my handle to dkneivel

Six more days of work left!

Mike - great shots, must spread! That washed out road is freaky!

Dkatz - looks like a hoot! The smaller bikes are mighty fun to ride!

Sorry for the lack of updates - It's been fairly quiet here. Lot's of work, plus we had a few weeks of rain, which had us going stir-crazy cooped up inside . But summer's here finally - some slices of life from the last little while..

Everything is green & blooming

255bc62c.jpg

4c9ee3b1.jpg

Pups finally getting out to play

a4647df7.jpg

e7117a8e.jpg

Staying cool :)

dc6d4d22.jpg

Checked out an antique car meet - 2 favourites

943b4933.jpg

187076c2.jpg

Took some hikes downtown

b3e02b9a.jpg

32dfbbcd.jpg

0a258ca2.jpg

The view looking east

30d4e972.jpg

Had an amazing dinner with friends

d7564b40.jpg

54fcf90e.jpg

Learned some new stuff

0e0c1569.jpg

And of course, the denim

cab97da1.jpg

Parting shot - one of my favourite local billboards!

6288ef2e.jpg

No faggots, fannies, fags or ditties here. Just roughly 5 month update fit pics.

5812753666_5230a2032e_z.jpg

5812757502_61310164fb_z.jpg

5812189519_8a00d8569a_z.jpg

And here's my vegetable patch, very much a work in progress....

5812192677_779cf89705_z.jpg

We have broad (fava) beans, carrots, peas, courgettes (zucchini), garlic, onions, mizuna, celery and borlotti beans

Jeans look great fre$co. Don't you all mean 5 month update??

I'm envious of your garden! Spring was so late here, plus I moved, so it didn't make sense for em to grow much. The local gardener's market will suffice, though.

Looking good there Roy6. I am getting more jealous.

Looking good Roy

Last week my wife and I rode w/ my folks up to a mini family reunion of sorts in Gladstone, Manitoba. About 2 hours or so west of Winnipeg.

DSCN8459.jpg Thats my cousin's baby Isaiah, the calmest baby I've ever encountered. In 4 days I didn't hear him cry once.

DSCN8465.jpg?t=1307586556 This is a photo of my grandfather. He served with the Lake Superior Regiment of the Canadian Army as a Machine Gunner.

DSCN8466.jpg?t=1307586647

My wife says I look at lot like him, I can't really see it.

DSCN8472.jpg?t=1307252788 More Babies! Thats my sister on the left, her son, and her husband. Her husband is the son of 'Tiger' Williams, I guess thats kind of a big deal if you're into hockey.

DSCN8476.jpg?t=1307586810

It was in the low 50's and the winds were coming out of the north FAST making it coat weather.

DSCN8572-1.jpg?t=1307279413 Wore my OG roys

DSCN8588.jpg?t=1307280396

I was in Canada, so I figured why not rock the Cannuck Tux. Thats my sister again, and my older brother on the right.

My Grandpa

DSCN8429.jpg?t=1307250378

I wore the contest jeans too, but this is somehow the only decent picture of me wearing them. Full disclosure: I am smacking a mosquito in this picture that was easily the size of a hummingbird.

I downed a ton of coffee crisps,smarties, and old dutch chips too. The jeans are fitting a little tighter. I might actually take decent pictures one of these days, sorry for the lackluster update.

^ dirt, grass clippings, leaf mulch, euphorbia latex, pittosporum sap, neem oil, algae, oil, clay, loam, silt, sand, hummingbird droppings, broken off rose thorn tips, fucshia nectar, leaf mould, rust, sooty mildew & piss.

actually most people soak in water

(5 char)

Roy6, your roys look beautifull. I was just using dirt, grass clippings, loam, sand and rootzone, but obviously the hummingbird droppings are really doing it for you. Must spread.

(my A-1 arrived yesterday btw).

@Robbie

Amazing pic of your grandfather there, the resemblance is uncanny.

Must be in the jeans (1)

Thanks guys. I forgot another picture :

DSCN8614.jpg[/img]

No road trip is complete without a few roadside attractions This is Gladstone's ,the Happy Rock'. The rest of my trip involved listening to country music on random FM stations from about KS to ND.

-rF

Looking good anticallynice, and always nice to see (at least one of) the minions.

I'll be in Los Angeles this weekend, and will be going to the Rose Bowl flea market with Sansome, Farhad & IhateBrianWilliams (at least) around 9am and then hopefully to Roscoes FC & W (please look at the commercial on their website if you need any convincing at all) in Pasadena around 1pm.

If anyone wants to join us for either/both and isn't too hung over from the Self Edge party, give me a pm and I'll give you my cell phone# so we can find one another.

^Speaking of which-

Roll Call of Shame:

rnrswitch

entertainment

cash (borderline)

TheClerk

fardin

dr.house

aho

medine

pomato

ranonranonarat (though I think you have some good reason...)

edit- alright, not erk, who posted less than a month ago.

^Speaking of which-

Roll Call of Shame:

rnrswitch

entertainment

cash (borderline)

TheClerk

fardin

dr.house

aho

medine

pomato

erk

what?? I call BS on that one. I may not be one of the top posters, but I don't think I deserve the roll call of shame.

^Speaking of which-

Roll Call of Shame:

rnrswitch

entertainment

cash (borderline)

TheClerk

fardin

dr.house

aho

medine

pomato

edit- alright, not erk, who posted less than a month ago.

I plead the fifth.

^The sour grapes in me from missing out on this contest were just thinking about the people who got a pair and haven't posted any updates. Boo! to them. However this has still been a contest/thread worth following so well done to those that have contributed.