ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Right on! Andrew deserves it. Very cool Ran. hope you can make it to the backyard bash this weekend Andrew. would be killer if the jeans are here by then.

dkatz- thanks for all the posting you did and the dedication you had to tours and stuff while doing your job duties. lookin forward to what type of stuff you bring us in the future.

I just wanted to say thanks to Ranon. I really appreciate the opportunity to jump in on this. For the rest of the summer I'm going to be at a music festival in the mountains of NC. I'm hoping to capture some awesome moments - I know I'm going to be playing with Yo-Yo Ma at some point.

Aaron, I'm looking forward to the party. I think I'm going to be able to make it happen.

These jeans are quite simply the best I've ever owned. Here's my initial fit. It would have been nice if I could have gotten a cuff out of it, but I think I'm 6 or 7 inches taller than Ranon. I can definitely live without the cuff.

DSC_5800.jpg

Cheers, Fre$co.

That's very kind of you, Ranon. It'll be fun to have you on here, ADH, but I hope ranon still frequents the thread, for sure.

web.jpg?ver=13079871190001

Best pairs I've seen. I love how different they look.

those pairs are simply quite fantastic. i think from the actively contributing group, all the pairs that i've seen WILL turn out awesome. i dont know who is going to be there at the top of the podium in the end but you are all winners (no bullshit) thats for sure. have yet to see a bad pair so far, so great going guys.

i will still frequent this thread thats for sure zissou!

Andrew, i think they look great too without the cuffs thats for sure. so far in this thread we havent seen anyone not doing any cuffs at all yet, so thats some diversity here! i was initially skeptical but hey, that fit pic does those jeans some justice! real nice.

web.jpg?ver=13079871190001

Great photoshop work on those jeans Brian!!! :eek:

After meeting you Roy6, I can definitely say that him and Mike are 2 of the nicest guys in this contest. Both their jeans have equally great wear in different ways.

Cory, I hope you feel better.

New photo blog is in full effect BTW http://farhadsamari.com/blog/ Just finished the Mike Horn post.

Next post will be the SUFU shoot as soon as I finish editing the pics.

Ran, we will miss you, you've always been one of the most thoughtful, kindest posters (a comparative rarity in SuFu world).

Welcome, Andrew, always enjoyed your posts, in particular when you visited the bass-maker or restorer, IIRC, look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the photo of our pinups, Brian.. and Cory, your allergy tests do at least look like a work of art.

And Daniel, it's been a great ride, congratulations on seeing it through - a real achievement that I'm sure will stay with you always.

All sorts of shenanigans happening 'round here! Thanks for the congratulations, all, I appreciate the hell out of it. I'm thinking about dong some writing about my experiences here soon - more of the quasi-academic, essay sort of type of deal. I'll let you all know in case anyone's interested. I just don't want to let the lessons I've learned slip away... this has been a pretty, um, informative couple years.

Ranon- pretty fuckin rad of you, just DONT become a stranger around these parts!

ADH- stoked to have you in on this! And I'm looking forward to seeing someone else rockin the kitengexROYxCone combo!

Had a proper 430am Monday night last night, and am loving my first day of funemployment - just had a burger that looked almost like mikecch status, and have barely moved otherwise!

rock on ADH...looking forward to those pics you`ve promised :)

ranon - well done mate. good decision. these things are way to golden for just leaving them folded in the closet, so we actually should give you +rep. for this...or neg you for not wearing`em...

have to make up my mind :D...

Good to see some new blood here. Ranon, I think you did the right thing.

My ROYs are enjoying some time in Quebec City in some engineering committees.

Pics when I get back. I forgot the USB cable for the camera.

thank you for your kind words paul, but i will still be hanging out here predominantly as i have always been.

farhad, those photos you uploaded in the blog are fantastic. the hues are eye popping. cant wait to see more when you're done. will always be waiting for your good stuff.

Ranon- thanks bud. I really appreciate it. Also, very cool of you to pass on the jeans.

ADH- Welcome to the Roy show!!! Looking forward to pics.

I couldn't think of anything more day-to-day than my morning cup of coffee. So, in the spirit of posting more day-to-day events, here's my recipe for the perfect cup of joe. As a family man with young children and a demanding job, it can be difficult to juggle all the demands on my life. That's why it's important to start the day off with a good strong cup of coffee.

coffee1.jpg

1) I know some of the sufu posters like french press or espresso, but I like a good cup of drip coffee.

coffee2.jpg

2) Black coffee is nice with dessert, but in the morning I like a little sugar -- not too much maybe 2 tsp. per 8 oz. cup.

coffee3.jpg

3) Pour the coffee after adding the sugar. Adding the hot coffee second helps better incorporate the sugar.

coffee4.jpg

4) Again, black is nice in the evening, but in the morning I like some cream. Just a splash, though.

coffee5.jpg

5) When you add the whiskey, you want to select something with a sweeter flavor than say an Islay Scotch. I think Rye mixes very well.

coffee6.jpg

6) Stir well, 20 times the right and 20 times to the left.

coffee7.jpg

7) This last step is optional, but if it's been a long night I'll snort a rail or two with my coffee. Of course, you could settle for just a quick bump.

coffee_fit.jpg

Bill called, he wants his paint cans back.

A beautiful sunny morning in Greenwich. Spoiled only a morning of bureacracy, getting a new US visa, and then the prospect of a visit to my dentist, in the West End…

sunnyc.jpg

It was a visit I'd put off for a year, and the damage was less than I thought - only my wallet was hurt. But I felt strangely down - and in need of some retail therapy.

So I headed for the West End, by way of Picadilly Circus, where every tourist gathers…

picadillyd.jpg

Behind Picadilly it gets quiet - it's the home of some of London's most beautiful streets, all with immaculate shopfronts.

savillerow2.jpg

savillerow1.jpg

arcadesf.jpg

Cork Street is the home of most of the swish art galleries, New Picadilly Arcade is full of beautiful accessory shops, and then there's Saville Row, where many of London's best-known bespoke tailors are huddled. I love that the Japanese word for suit - sabiro - is named after this street.

I couldn't tell if it was an art gallery or other company that had this section of a bomber in its reception!

planeu.jpg

Cordings is one of my fave old-fashioned clothes shops. A beautiful, original Art Nouveau shopfront, and their suits are on sale, from £650 down to £325.

Abargain, but I was hoping to spend slightly less…

cordings.jpg

On Jermyn Street there are more art galleries, including this one that has an original Van Dyke of Charles 1's wife, Henrietta Maria. I actually have a period print of this which is worth maybe $200… I suspect you can multiply that price tag by a few hundred thousand. It was spending money on art, like this, that helped Charles alienate his subjects -and ended up in him getting his head sliced off…

henriettal.jpg

I loved this shop, Taylor's - old-fashioned shaving brushes and genuine shoe horns. The latter seem a bargain at £40 (I hope I didn't have a decimal point in the wrong place). But I didn't buy one.

shoehorn.jpg

I did go in this shop…

23419776.jpg

And I went in this shop, too.

50477992.jpg

And found what I wanted. yeah!

Then back home, to marvel at my new purchases.

polished.jpg

Burgundy boot polish, and new laces. £5.90 plus £3.60. A bargain. And now the ol veldtschoen are looking spick & span once more.

polished.jpg

cash, that is a strange concoction in step 5. probably because i am not a coffee drinker but i have never heard of adding whiskey in the mornings! must be some potent ass crack that will wake you up in the mornings. will get back at you.

paul, whereabouts are you heading to in the US and when!? would love to visit a C&J or tricker's store someday! sounds like you have great plans ahead. champ!